Ok so this is the prolouge of the final instalment of the series. God it has been awhile since we met Callypso frightened young writer and her devilish friend Kat. Now Callypso is much more brave and cynical and Kat is... still devlish but more level headed due to all the depressing crap that's happened in her life. They seem to be the only evolving characters though. Dustfinger still betrays them every second, Basta is a Basta-rd... and Cockerell is the most annoying rooster impersination ever to exist. And Capricorn is still a backseat main villian, never doing anything by himself. Jo hasn't evolved much either, probably because she hasn't been in both books.
Before I go on with the prolouge, here are some fun facts about the making of Inkpen and Inkfate:
1) Did you know I origionally intended this to be a drama. I mean I actually sat down and told myself "Kallypso. You are not going to write a funny story. Be depressing." Which I was kind of... but I still managed to cram alot of sarcasm in there and now I realize how bland this book would've been without it to balance out the depressing stuff.
2) You'll notice how my chapters started out really short in Inkpen. This was because I basically started the story on a writers block. I wanted to write a kidnapping scene. Would you believe this stroy developed off of that! A kidnapping scene what was I thinking? Well whatever it was I'm glad I did think it because this story turned out pretty good.
3)Regarding Fenoglio: I never liked that character and I wasn't even sure how to write him in. I was going through awful writers block when I suddenly decided: Let's just cut him out! I'm not even following the story line of Inkspell or Inkdeath so he's a pointless character! Thus he was booted out of the story.
4) You might notice how I crammed a lot of Basta scenes into the first book especially. Why? BECAUSE BASTA'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN INKHEART! I always love the villians more in the stories. I did ease off of those scenes in Inkfate though.
5) Ok, in to Inkfate. I had absolutely no fricken clue what was going to happen in this book. I actually already figured out most of the plot for the third book before the second. All I knew was Kat's past with her brother and all that crap and that Callypso and her were gonna get captured. The rest of the book was on the spot plot development.
6) You know the character of Jo? Would you believe that was a last minute decision? Like I literally came up with her as I was writing chapter 1. I'm not joking.
7) Origionally, without there being a third friend my plan was to kill off the already created William at the last battle and keep Tyler alive. But Jo came in and I didn't want to have them both live so I killed off Tyler and kept William. Just when you thought Kat could have both things she loved.
8) I select what characters lives I'm going to totally ruin and I enjoy it. Obviously, Kat won.
9) I've already decided who I'm going to kill off: Hahaha. Now I'll tell you I'm killing off two main people not counting bad guys (For all those of you who are playing I will have Cockerell the most annoying thing to hit the plantet, die). This isn't a spoiler because there are eight mainish people in this thing, including our three origionals, William, Dustfinger and the others I can't tell you because that would be a spoiler.
...You know I think now I've just made things worse for you. Now you're saying "OH MY GOD! Two characters out of eight who could they be?" and now you're trying to riddle through them to see, but you can't even tell if you're right because you don't know what the other three are! Now you'll have to keep reading the whole book just to see! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- wow I have issues.
10) I gaurentee you'll never see the inciting incident of this story coming. Unless you knew me as a person... then you'd already know it was going to happen because I'm predictable. You can try to guess if you want... TRY! I dare you. You'll probably be wrong. Actually if you read between the lines of what I just wrote you should be able to come up with it... but I doubt it.
If you can guess the plot incident I will... sell my soul to the devil... wait I already did that... I'll shave my head... no I won't I would never do that. I'll... I'll... Ok, I'll give you a tray of cyber cookies.
It's funny the pattern my life has followed. A bizzare, annoying pattern.
It's as if I'm on a big game board, one of those where you draw cards that tell you what to do. I'll always get to the very end before I suddenly draw a card "Woops! Go back to start!" and the whole damn cycle starts over again.
But I long ago decided to take fate into my own hands. I control my life... me and no one else!
...I think I'll record that and play it back a few times to convince myself.
The truth is, my life isn't really controlled by me as much as it is by the people I meet. The friends, the enimies, ect.
If I look back on how my life would be if some people hadn't existed... it would be alot different.
...Possibly better, but alot different.
I might not be alive if it weren't for some of the people in my life.
So I'm taking back my dice and fighting back fate with the people I know.
They are the ones who will see me to the end of my story.
So let the ink pen come out one last time, let the dice fall.
I'm ready to finish my story.
THat's all for now! REVIEW!