- How is your friend Crowley?
When Aziraphale got a Call from Heaven, he certainly didn't expect that kind of question.
- He... is fine, I think - he replied uncertainly - Still doing his job. Which is bad, of course - he added carefully.
- Hm. - God seemed to be deep in thought - I know about your feelings towards him.
Aziraphale paled and then reddened. So it was the day he know and feared would come.
- What will be my punishment?
- Punishment? - The God was surprised and just a little amused - My child, love isn't a sin. Especially when it made one of those I thought I lost forever care for another being.
- You mean Crowley? - Angel was dumbfounded.
- He cares deeply for you. Of course he won't admit it. It won't be easy, but I want you to make him confess his love to you.
Aziraphale would laugh, if only God's words weren't so serious. - And how can I do that?
- Well, I suppose I can give you a few advices.
Angel came back to his bookshop all blushed and embarassed, trying hard NOT to think where He got all these ideas.*
- What did the Old Man want? - asked Crowley from a couch. Aziraphale jumped. He forgot he had a guest when the Call came.
- What's wrong? - Crowley stood up and looked above his sunglasses. It was only briefly, but now that God had told him, angel could see... something in his eyes. Something that made his heart beat faster.
Crowley wanted to say something else, but his words were muffled by Aziraphale's demanding mouth.
High Above the God smiled.
* When someone's sitting all day in Heaven he really can get bored.
The idea for this fic got me one day when I was about to go to bed. I just HAD to write it down, but after that I totally forgot about this story. Today I've been browsing through my files and I found this. I thought that you may like it :)