Hello I'm fench ^^
That's my excuse for the rubbish english that will follow (don't worry I have a beta reader named JUICE 64 ^^)
So, an american fan (chloe2007 to not mention her name) asked me to put this story in english... Here it is !
It's not totally translated yet, but my WONDERFUL bêta: JUICE 64 and I are working on it =)
There is two ending, the first one isn't a happy one but our little frenches hearts could'nt stand it, so I wrote a second.
Oh, and did I say that my wonderful bêta is JUICE 64?
No seriously you can thank her (or not ^^ ?)
Without her I wouldn't have put that story in english, so don't forget she too deserves flowers (or bricks hahaha)
Disclaimer: I've been trying to buy Lisa and catch Hugh with her but it didn't work. So House still is the property of David Shore.
Pairing: Huddy, Hachel are the big two in this story, but House and Wilson are still friends ^^
The Great Escape.
Cuddy tried to stay calm, feddling with her purse. Wilson put his hand on her shoulder, trying to give her some relief that nobody could bring to her.
The policeman finally came.
- Hello doctors Cuddy and Wilson, he greeted quickly. I'm lieutenant Johnson.
- Do you know something? Did you find her? Exclaimed Cuddy.
- We would like to ask you some questions to find out if anyone means you harm in any way, for any reason…
-You know nothing
- We're still looking for her doctor Cuddy.
- You didn't find her! It's not enough! It's been already 2 days!
Wilson cut in.
- Lisa, just answer their questions, if it can help…
Cuddy sighted, running her shaking hand over her forehead.
- How could one be sure that it's an abduction?
- We thought that it's the most plausible reason, you are the dean of a prestigious hospital, patients or competitors might want to hurt you.
- In that case, they take it out directly on me !
- You certainly care less about yourself than about your daughter, doctor Cuddy.
True. Since House had mistook her living room with her garage , she had nothing more than Rachel and her new job in New York City…
- I don't think I wronged anyone . At least Not in a way they want to kidnap my litle girl.
There was another possibility that had nothing to do with her, for somebody kidnap a child, she preferred not to think about it.
The policeman's phone interrupted her dark thoughts.
- Excuse me…
He took the receiver, a paper and a pencil, ready to take the description of another missing person.
Wilson caught Cuddy's hand and squeezed it slightly, giving her a reassuring smile.
- You have managed to let out someone with mobility issues from a psychiatrique hospital? shouted Johnson aghast.
Wilson couldn't help but looked up at that. But that was ridiculous. House wasn't the only cripple in the world. Plus he had been in jail for already two years, after one year of hiding, not in an asylum.
He caught sight of him everywhere he went, he even dreamt about him sometimes. He often pictured himself telling him how much he was a dangerous irresponsible bastard, telling himhe had moved on , that he is getting married and soon, becoming a daddy.
He had nothing to do with self-destructive drug-addicts who hurt people around them in their explosion anymore.
So why he kept thinking about him?
- I hope you will tell them for me that they're incompetent idiots ? Right, we're going to look for him.
Johnson ended the call and rubbed his eyes wearily.
- Where was she the last time you saw her?
Cuddy told it again.
- In the garden, playing... She bit her lower lip, trying to keep it from trembling. I left her 5 minutes for a phone call...
- Have you seen suspicious-looking people around your house? Potentials threats for a child?
Here we are... Roughly speaking "Have you seen a pedophile in your neighbourhood ?"
- N-no! Most of my neighbours are old couples, they wouldn't hurt a fly ! And... They adore Rachel, they treat her like their own grand-daughter!
- Do you think that her biological parents...
- Her mother died 3 weeks after her birth and her father must be in college now, he wouldn't want a child...
Johnson took some notes.
- I'm sorry doctor Cuddy, unless you receive a ransom demand, I doubt they keep your daughter with them...
Cuddy let slip a sob , Wilson wrapped his arm around her, glaring at the officer for his lake of tact.
- We're going to send CSI in your garden, we'll see if they find something...
Cuddy nodded, wiping away her tears.
- Find them, that's all I ask!
- We will try our best.
Two days Later
- Good morning Doctor Cuddy, lieutenant Johnson speaking. We may have something, could you come here, quickly?
- Of course! Exclaimed the dean of New York Presbitarian Hospital.
Only 10 minutes later, she was meting with Johnson, Wilson by her side.
- What could you tell me about Gregory House?
Cuddy gaped at him, what did her ex-boyfriend have to do with that? Johnson seemed to notice her confusion, so he clarified:
- He escaped from the psychiatric hospital he was kept in two days before your daughter disapeared, and...
Wilson cut him off abruptly.
- House is in jail, you're mistaking with someone else.
- He has been transferred about six months after his incarceration and according to his fellow prisoner there were good reasons to do it...
Wilson sniffed, unbelieving.
- What did he do? He stuck two pencils in his nose, put underpants on his head and said "Wobble wobble" ? He is not insane, if his fellow prisoner believed it, so they're idiots!
Johnson raised his eyebrow.
- No, apparently he suffers from multiple personalities, and can't wake up without screaming if we don't give him a sedative...
A sickening feeling took place in Wilson's gut. He quickly pulled himself together : House was clever enough to fake a cancer, so personality troubles... It was easy as pie.
- Do you think he took Rachel? Squeaked Cuddy.
- Dates tally. He's obviously seeking revenge...
- Revenge for what? Cut off Wilson once again. For destroying her living room with his car, putting four lives in danger? He can only blame himself for that!
- Try and tell that to a crazy man, we'll see how he take it! Retorted Johnson, annoyed. We launched a missing person appeal to find him, if we're lucky, Rachel is with him! So, the question is: do you know where he could be in particular ?
- No! First, how he would have known where I live ? Plus, he has nothing to do in New York, all he's got is in Princeton!
- The asylum is in New York, well, not far from New York. And he has nothing to do in Princeton, he isn't a doctor anymore and all his belongings have been taken.
Wilson looked at him with eyes wide-open.
- The prisoners stuff are supposed to be seized when they are sentenced to spend the rest of their life in jail, right?
- He was in a psychiatric hospital Doctor Wilson, he has completely lost it , he isn't a responsible adult anymore, he was supposed to end his life in this hospital.
- So, my daughter is with a madman... Just great. mumbled Cuddy.
In a way, it comforted her to know Rachel with House. She couldn't imagine him hurting the little girl...
But she couldn't imagine either that he was capable of crashing his car into her home, only because he was jealous... And yet, he did it!
What could he do since he had lost his mind?