Hi there, finaly, here is the alternate ending of this story! I really hope you like it and that it will help your little wounded Huddy hearts ^^
Really thanks for all your reviews, they're really a good motivator to continue writing (and I expect you to leave one at the end of this ending...)
If they're french readers out there it's not my only fanfiction ( noooo there is not a hidden message in that sentence ^^)
Maybe one day I will translate an other, but I really have a lot of work (and my beta too) and I don't want to go in that again for now ^^
Ah, and yes, I have to thanks again Juice64 who made a wonderful work and put up with all my crappy english writing !
PS : As always I don't own this show...
Wilson ran into the emergency, praying for his friend to be able to talk without freaking out.
Cuddy nor House were at his eyesight. He caught a doctor.
- Didn't you see doctor Cuddy coming with a patient?
- I did, they went to the bloc for an urgent surgery.
- WHAT ? What's wrong with him ?
- Bullet wound in the abdomen, apparently, it got infected.
Wilson thanked him and made a rush to the observation room.
He found Cuddy, standing on her feet, her forehead against the glass window, eyes fixated on House.
She put reddened eyes on him.
- You're here. She whispered.
- What... Who?
- I don't know, I called Johnson, they will come to take the bullet.
She reported her attention back on the surgery on the other side of the window.
- He didn't complain at all, I had to see the blood on his T-shirt to notice...
A joyless laugh escaped her.
- He sutured himself with a fishing line; he kept some reflexes apparently...
Wilson looked down.
- He believes that everything is in his head... How many time did I tell him his pain was psychological ?
Cuddy bit her lower lip.
- You're not the one who injected him a placebo when he had asked for morphine...
Their eyes met, the two guilt ridden together in the same room, being guilty for the same thing. In others circumstances, they would have find it comical.
The surgery went on for a few hours, the bullet had been moved by the blows House had taken at the fair, causing lesions on the liver, and the surgeon repaired them with verve.
New York Presbitarian Hospital wasn't one of the best rated hospital of the world for nothing.
As soon as he was in an intensive care room he was injected with antibiotics.
Cuddy and Wilson stood at his side all night.
In the morning, the fever was entirely gone and House has got his color back. Wilson was gone to buy two coffees, Cuddy not wanting to miss the waking of her ex.
He was really warm, and he feels like he was on a little cloud. He stretched, sighed with content on his mattress of intense pleasure.
A hand came on his torso, he opened his eyes.
He humidified his lips, his mouth was horribly dry .
A drop fell on his face, his hand went immediately on Cuddy's cheek.
She sniffed cursing herself for crying while he was better.
- Don't cry, Cuddles!
- I thought you were going to die ! Whined Cuddy.
She hated this nickname, but now, the simple fact of hearing it made her want to jump at his neck.
- Not in my fund. You shouldn't be crying for me, you should hit me as hard as you can.
- You have been enough beaten up Greg, you never deserved all of that.
House didn't answer, but she saw very well, he didn't believe her. It certainly would take more time than that.
- He left to buy some coffee, do you want something?
- You want to see your team?
The idea he would want to see Dr Hadley in particular seemed odd to her, she always had the impression he had a little preference for Chase and Kutner.
House made a brisk move with his head, a ghost of the impatient nod he made when his team was particularly slow to understand.
- They... Don't work in Princeton anymore, but I still can call them, they will be happy to have a word from you.
Wilson came in, a coffee in each hand.
He paused when he saw that is friend was awake and apparently in good shape, then he made a rush to the bed, drawing him in a bear hug.
- Fuck! House!
- Maybe later. Is it a mania of both of you to cry ?
Wilson wiped his eyes.
- I'm just very happy to see you.
- So you're crying ? Logical...
The others couldn't help but laugh, even if this one was feeble, they would receive sarcasms arm opened.
-Where is Rachel ?
- With her baby-sitter, you want her to come in to see you?
- Yes, I would like to.
A growl interrupted them.
- The stomach call. Smiled Cuddy. I will call a nurse.
She went out quickly. She wanted to jump and hop everywhere. He was fine, Rachel was fine, he didn't really try to kill her...
She has been so scared this afternoon... Every kinds of scenarios have taken place in her head, what if her guest didn't left the room, what if Rachel had been here ?
During House's "Great Escape year", she had gotten herself on sleeping pills because the idea of him coming to get her at home and physically harming her was haunting her.
She had thought she had beenentirely wrong about him, that he was showing only a mask hiding a far more violent and darker person.
House didn't like when things didn't go the way he wanted, and did everything to avoid that. She had supposed that this violence he showed was the reaction of the "real" House who was hiding... After all he was a first class manipulator.
Now, she was feeling incredibly stupid. How could she believe that? Sure, with what he had done, it was legitimate to ask questions. But she had known him for 25 years, he could have never keep this face up all this time.
She shook her head, chasing these dark thoughts and asked a nurse to go buy House some food, giving her a bill.
She went back to his room, smiling, but she was greeted by an oncologist with an alarmed look.
- What.. What's going on?
- He has liver failure.
- I'm positive about it. It doesn't come from the damage caused by the bullet. Announced the surgeon deadpanned.
- Do you think Vicodin...
- No, he didn't take it in years it can't be that.
- The ultrasound scan shows nothing.
Cuddy's pager went off.
They ran into the ICU room where a nurse with a very worried look held a bag containing brown urine.
- K-Kidney failure.
- So, this is something else.
- Do you think his psychiatric issues could be the symptoms of "something else" ?
asked Cuddy with hope.
- I ... doubt it. I think in three years, the rest of his internal organs would have suffered if it was linked to a disease.
- Wilson! Thirteen! Claimed House.
Wilson turned to Cuddy.
- He's right, we should call his team.
- He only mentioned Thirteen thought... Muttered Cuddy with a frown.
- They had a connection... She went out of jail and he went to pick her up, I don't really know what changed, but their relationship seemed to change.
- I'm calling Foreman, you, call Hadley, tell her they have a last case to solve.
It took her a little persuasion to convince Foreman to take the case, Chase and Thirteen accepted immediately.
However, it seemed like they had lost track of Taub...
Chase contacted Cameron who took the first plane for NY City.
Cuddy had made installed a whiteboard in her office, where the team would come.
LIVER AND KIDNEYS FAILURE
After a brief thought:
PSYCHOSIS + DEMENTIA = SYMPTOMS?
The reunion was brief, they were already focused on the case.
- Maybe it's auto-immune proposed Chase, the infection boosted his immune system which backfired him.
- Samples are already in lab, we're testing him for that. Replied Wilson.
- Maybe a gonorrhea, which attacked his kidneys, liver and brain...
- If it was that simple fact of peeing would make him scream in agony. Cut Foreman.
- He absolutely doesn't complain about any kind of pain, he thinks it's not real. Informed Cuddy. Anyway, I doubt he has had a very active sexual life these three last years so you can exclude all STDs...
Wilson cringed. He hoped House hadn't had an active sexual life these three last years...
- Maybe I should make a neurological exam. Proposed Foreman. That way, we'll be clear for the psychosis.
- Good idea. What else? said Cuddy, writing "NEURO EXAM" on the board.
- Heavy Metals? Proposed Thirteen.
- Test him for the commons, and do some cultures. Replied the Dean.
They nodded and went to work.
- Hi House.
- Hi Drac'la. He replied.
Cameron made an uneasy smile, not knowing how to react to this House.
- I have to take some blood. She announced. Give me your arm.
He obeyed, compliant. As long as the syringe which they used was empty, it didn't make a problem.
Foreman was waiting behind, observing all the moves of his former boss, being on the lookout for any symptom.
House put his slightly yellowed eyes on him, clicking repetitively his tongue against his palate.
One big toddler.
- Wha's doin' here? He asked frowning.
Foreman lifted an eyebrow, House couldn't have become so... He couldn't find a word. But he had the feeling that the genius was having a severe mental retardation now.
Cameron shot him a death glare, and answered for him given his lack of reaction.
- We have a case. Do you remember? Puzzles...
The corner of his lips went up.
- I like puzzles.
- And you gave us the taste... Do you remember?
House seemed to think about it.
- I have dreams... Always is a big red and grey ball...
- Yeah! You liked to use it to think! Exclaimed Cameron with a big smile.
- He went home for a change of clothes. He will come back soon.
- She is doing test for heavy metals at the lab.
House shot an inquisitive look to the samples Cameron just took.
- These are for cultures.
- Are you finished or what? Asked Foreman.
Cameron shot him a freezing look.
- Treat him as any patient, he doesn't need you to rub it in. She growled passing him.
LIVER AND KIDNEYS FAILURE
PSYCHOSIS + DEMENTIA = SYMPTOMS?
ATAXIA DISKINESIA TREMBLING
- He has neurological symptoms, we can include dementia and psychosis. Commented Wilson.
- Maybe not, replied Foreman, I'm thinking about brain cancer.
Wilson and Cuddy looked at him, knocked down.
- Do an MRI. Said the dean, with a shaky voice.
Cameron and Chase came in as Foreman and thirteen went out.
- Negative for heavy metals and auto-immune. Stated Chase.
- Where are they going? Asked Cameron.
- To the MRI room.
Half an hour later, they observed House's head pictures with consternation.
- Probably the cause of his neurological symptoms... Maybe it has nothing to do with what is shutting down his liver and kidneys.
- He took a lot of blows on the head apparently these times. Admitted Cuddy.
Little scars on House's face testified for it.
- And on a genetically level... Begun Foreman.
- Both his parents are dead naturally, from what I know. Replied Cuddy.
- Not his father, we should contact him! Exclaimed Wilson.
Five pairs of ex-orbited eyes answered him.
- How come ? Do I have to remind you, you had to drag him by the feet to make him go there? Asked Foreman cheekily.
- His bi-o-lo-gi-cal father, replied Wilson as if Foreman was particularly slow.
- Do you know him? Asked Cuddy.
- Not personally, but House told me who he is so...
- Does he know he is his son ? Asked Chase.
- I don't know, House doesn't know, we're not even sure if his mother knew.
- Okay, contact him. I'm going to ask House if he knows something about it. Cuddy replied.
- Wasting time. Said Foreman.
- House is still able to answer a few questions!
- He doesn't even remember the work he was doing with us! You're wasting your time, Cuddy!
- It's Doctor Cuddy for you, and no, spending time with my friend is not a waste, whichever his mental state is! And if this case is hassling you, or if you don't want House to be cured, I'm not keeping you here. Is that clear?
Foreman looked down, intimidated.
Cuddy left furiously, clicking her heels.
- Pffiuuu, I hope that I will never be looked at like that by a woman! Chase said.
- I think it is hot.
The four others looked at Thirteen, unbelieving.
- If we can't even laugh.
- He will come to see you later. Cuddy said. Tell me, do you know if somebody has been seriously sick in your family?
House shook his head.
- You're all stupid.
Cuddy smiled in spite of herself, eyebrow raised.
- I'm glad to see you to.
- Wilsooooooooooooooon !
- You're in love with him or what? She laughed.
- No. Only you.
She felt her tears mounting, the answer was so automatic.
She knew it for a fact now, she was the only one inlaid in House's heart... With Rachel.
- She's doing tests... Why are you always asking after her?
- Cuddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! He looked aggravated.
And the penny dropped.
- We're so... STUPIDS! Claimed Cuddy.
- And minister Mycroft denies everything about an extramarital relationship with Blythe. Announced Wilson.
- Oh, we don't need him! House found the diagnostic since the beginning and we didn't notice! Replied Cuddy.
- Uh? So?
- Which genetic disease, come from an anomaly of the gene placed on the chromosome number thirteen?
The others gaped at her.
- Wilson disease, muttered Chase.
- And he was telling us since the beginning! He has Kayser-Flescher's ring. I already checked. She said seeing that Foreman wanted to object. Go fill him with zinc.
Wilson and Cuddy smiled at each other. It wasn't curable but it was treatable and House would have a normal life.
- Thank God, he has his mother's eyebrows!
- When will you stop to tease me about my eyebrows?
- I did give you a long enough break, didn't I ?
The baby in House's arm was babbling happily.
- And what's the name of this fatso?
- Charles Gregory Wilson.
- So junior, I announced you inherited of the most moralizer father of this planet! But don't worry, you're godfather will make it up for.
- Could you wait a year or two before you pervert him?
- Rachel and I were conveniently looking for a new ship-boy! The sooner I begin his education, the better it is.
- That's what is worrying me.
- Speaking of the devil... Eyh Rachel come to share the loot!
The little girl came running with the iron box containing cookies, a furious Cuddy on her tail.
- It's YOU? You told her to steal the cookies?
House answered her with the most innocent look he could make.
- Oh no, I only told her the ship-boys had to share the loot with the captains. Not the same!
- Rachel, we're having dinner in 20 minutes, we'll see for the cookies after that. Sandra is cooking a good meal; you wouldn't spoil your appetite?
- Pff not funny.
- That's good Rachel, you have to know the Wilson corsairs, are excellent resource of food. You can steal as much as you want, they'll never bother you.
Cuddy cuddled against her fiancé, covered of sweat.
- Fortunately, we didn't mix our genes...
- Are we forced to talk about that? Asked the dean, out of breath.
- Oh, this is one of the first things I thought when my semen...
- I would have like a baby with your eyes...
- And we'll put zinc in his bottles?
She smacked him lightly on the chest.
A comfortable silence settled.
- My leg hurts.
She smiled at him, fished out of his arms, and kissed his scar.
- Is that better?
- Much better. He muttered closing his eyes.
The end ^^ (review button is down here =p)