Hello! Before this story begins, I'd like to explain a few things:
Hivebent is an abstract retelling of the session of the ancestors, AU-ish but not majorly. It has some canon-bending, since the kids are here and the lands work differently. It's still very much in progress, but I'd like to start it on 6/12 to commemorate the special day!
Unfortunately, this is the time where I have finals exams. D: So the first chapter will come one or two days later, sorry!
In the mean time, let me explain some aspects!
- There is no actual 'game', as you can tell by the summary.
- I had this idea way back before Aranea was even shown graphically. I made up eight-lettered names for all of them, because I stupidly ignored the fact that only adult trolls get eight letters and kids are supposed to have six. ): Please do not flame! It is a silly mistake, but I will not come up with new names.
- Nor will I use Aranea and Meenah as names.
- There will be kids, both pre-Scratch and post-Scratch. Whether there will be post-Scratch trolls or pre-Scratch ancestors is still yet to be decided.
- The personalities of the characters are a mixture of canon and headcanon. The Aranea equivalent in my story, for example, will not be as nice.
- Because the Sylph of Light and the Thief of Life titles were not mentioned in canon yet then, I made up my own god tier titles. These are not malleable, since they are part of the storyline. Please bear with me.
- The trolls live in a much more human-like civilisation. For example, the majority live in the capital city. They have houses, not hives. However, they still have sopor, they are still nocturnal. But their natures are much more peaceful in accordance to canon.
- I tend to give up most of the time in the first few chapters, and especially if it has no decent, clear plot yet. If there are no updates in a few months, don't delete your alert. This will be a very zombie-like story. c:
- Trolls will only speak with quirks when they are emphasising something or their identity needs to be known for the readers but the circumstance is unsuitable for the name to be put in somewhere.
- Might have slight crack ships! However, Karcestor/Nepcestor and Vriscestor/Tavcestor are guaranteed to respect the canonical events.
If any questions are asked, I'll answer them in this first chapter. So check back time to time if you're one of the askers! And I don't bite! c:
One last additional piece of information. I live in the time zone where there is a twelve-hour difference between me and most US citizens. I probably won't update/answer your questions until the dead of night for you.
I hope to provide you guys with the best of my work. See you all soon!