My Stories . Bio Fav: Stories . Authors
livejournal - tumblr - deviantart - wattpad - pottermore (as ScaleAuror1895)
Current avatar: Squall (Leon) Leonhart from Final Fantasy VIII and the Kingdom Hearts series. (Not mine!)
I am a proud member of Critics United. Also know that I NEVER leave anonymous reviews, I always sign in when I review. And before I forget:
[REQUESTS ARE OPEN] - [FIC TRADES ARE OPEN] - [ART TRADES ARE OPEN] (drawing for a story/story for a drawing)
- o - o - o -
First of all, a huge thank you to my beta readers SecretAgent99, UnVeRsEd, AquaStormXIV, M. L. Ayala, RoseOfADifferentColor, xX Ashlyn Malfoy Xx, outofthesun, and Mystics Apprentice, for their awesome work. I'd also like to thank everyone who reviewed (favorited/alerted) me and/or my stories! Know that even if I can't reply to all of them, I'm immensely honored, and your reviews always bring a smile upon my face. As for the anon reviewers, I wish you all had an account so I could thank you properly. You guys rock! :) One day, I'll find a much better way to thank everyone who has supported me. I'd also like to state here (if I forget to put it in every entry) that I own nothing of the games, books, cartoons, their characters, etc. I'm writing about on this site, except for the story (ideas). So the OCs and the stories are mine. The book covers aren't. There, I said it.
- o - o - o -
FANFIC SCHEDULE FOR 2013: Since I won't have much time to write fanfics anymore, even though I still need to finish 6 stories(!), updates will be slow! Sorry guys, but everything will have to wait until summer vacation. I hope you'll have enough patience with me. I WILL come back. It's just that life demands my full attention at the moment. Wish me luck with not trying to lose my sanity, because those plot bunnies are driving me crazy already. :P
. : . U P C O M I N G : C H A P T E R S . : .
1. All These Special Moments
Terra/Aqua - Pre BBS - 7/13 chapters.
Progress chapter 8: 3%
Teaser: Terra misfired a fire spell. That's what happened..
2. Amnesia Completa
?/Aqua/Terra/(Kairi) - AU - 15/100 chapters.
Progress chapter 16: 99.9% (Only needs to be betaed).
Teaser: "I swear, a dictator has more understanding than that ice queen Larxene. Her bitchiness reached a whole new level today."
3. Hard to Breathe
Terra/Aqua - both AU as well as IU - 12/26 chapters.
Progress chapter 13: 2% (Only needs to be betaed.)
Teaser: The fact that she had started such a meaningless conversation, made him perk his ears and look up from the book he was reading. He could tell that something was terribly wrong. She was very upset, but put on her brave face, for him.
Final Fantasy VII:
1. Delightful Yet Poisonous
Cloud/Tifa - Post AC - 3/12 chapters.
Progress chapter 4: 2% (Only needs to be betaed.)
Teaser: Cloud was sure of one thing: he was in heaven. He had to be, because Tifa knew exactly what to do to make him feel good.
Final Fantasy VIII:
1. Falling Silently
AU, Squall/Rinoa - 8/15 chapters.
Progress chapter 9: 20%
Teaser: Wait, this wasn't her room… It was Squall's! How did she get here? Where was Squall?
P R O J E C T S - F O R - I N - T H E - F U T U R E
I. A few Squall/Rinoa stories, all AU (The result of having too many ideas for "Falling Silently," another AU Squinoa I'm still working on.)
II. A multi-chaptered Cloti story.
III. A Raine/Laguna collection.
IV. LOADS of other KH collections/challenges. Different pairings, from SoraxKairi and LeonxYuffie, to AquaxTerra, RikuxXion, and so on.
You can expect 16 other stories from me, for the fandoms Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy VIII. I'm getting there...one day...hopefully. XD Any requests, like a pairing you'd like me to write about? Feel free to send me a PM. :) I won't write yaoi, yuri, or any M-rated stuff.
- o - o - o -
You know you're reading a story by WishingDreamer5 when...
1. Certain people's inner monologue is sometimes twice as intelligent as the exterior dialogue. With other words: people act clueless or dense around their crush.
2. Characters with the same haircolor and looks are family in AU stories. Always.
3. Terra's always ready to make a bet, especially when it involves Aqua.
4. Vanitas likes to stalk Aqua.
5. You'll always find at least one crackpairing showing up somewhere.
6. The best tips about dating and such come from single people (who might never have had a relationship).
7. If the KH cast was real, you're sure that some of them would try to kill the writer for everything she makes them go through. Especially Leon. And Vanitas.
8. The toughest, most callous and taciturn guys turn out to be the biggest softies ever... if you can spot the signs, that is. :)
9. References to songs, books and other cartoons that the author likes - or not - can be found here and there (P&F, Harry Potter, etc.).
10. KH babies/toddlers act the same way they are when they're older (Riku, Sora, Yuffie, etc.).
11. Nobody has a last name, unless they're a FF character.
12. Aqua and Selphie both think that the answer to every question can be found in books.
13. The author often rambles on about her life in her author's notes, which, by the way, you don't particularly care about.
14. Sora acts/does something dumb, and gets picked on by someone or the other (most likely Riku).
15. There comes a point where you start to wonder why and how in the world certain people became such good friends with each other.
16. Terra likes Aqua's cookies (and everything else that she bakes. Same goes for Ven, actually).
17. Yuffie can do almost anything she likes to Squall (Leon) and get away with it most of the time, too.
18. Aqua hates spiders, much to Terra's amusement.
19. Ven is always acting like the younger sibling that everyone wants.
20. Squall (Leon) Leonhart drinks his coffee black. End of discussion.
- o - o - o -
C H A L L E N G E ! ! !
As of 08-31-2011, I’ve decided to come up with a challenge, too: write 50 themes about Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. That could involve the members of the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee (my personal favorite), Ansem the Wise, the many adventures of Isa and Lea, a masked villain, or an Earth Warrior who visits the place, etc. Are you up for the challenge? Send me a PM if you’re willing to try this, so I can send you a list of the 50 themes that you'll have to use for this challenge, along with the rules. Good luck and have fun! :)
[Participants so far: Starry Requiem, PrismRain13, xDarknessAngelx, KC-Chan13, Gr4Yr4iN, RoseOfADifferentColor, HawkRider, MidnightxRose, Chandramukhi, The Uninspired, winged_life.]
- o - o - o -
My 5 biggest fandoms:
1. Kingdom Hearts (I doubt if that will ever change lol)
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Final Fantasy VIII (I don't know when I got interested in this one, but I blame KH for it.)
4. Harry Potter
5. Avatar: Last Airbender, Assassin's Creed, Tekken, and Dark Cloud.
Gifts/dedications/etc. to me: (they're all brilliant writers/artists. I highly recommend to check out their work!)
- A Weeks Paradise from the awesome WonderHeroe.
- Listening At Last from the amazing Alacquiene.
- Wishing Dreamer also from the amazing Alacquiene.
- Two is to One, chapter 1 again from the amazing Alacquiene.
- A Thrill of Hope from the amazing Alacquiene (or Acquia).
- The Little Things, chapter 5, from the lovely Wahmenitu.
- Tinsel, Tinsel from the great myrrh_darkwing [Christmas gift].
- Knowing Best from the brilliant Scented-Marker-Sniffer.
- Of Snowballs and Cold Noses also from the brilliant Scented-Marker-Sniffer.
- All Your Fault from the talented Cherished Tenshi.
- The Lost Blue Butterfly, chapter 3, from the sweet Greyshade.
- Wonderland from the wonderful luckcharm (or The Writing Artist).
- Through Apple Tinted Glasses from the grand iki_teru [Christmas gift].
- Blossoming Friendship from the lovable Seraphim210.
- Zerith Prize Sketch - Reunited We Stand, also from the lovable Seraphim210.
- Cloud Can't Cook And I Can't Chibi With a TrackPad, again from the lovable Seraphim210.
- Promise from the likeable CalynnTheDeltoranOlympian.
- o - o - o -
My General Stats, (05-09-13)
On the favorites list of 194 members.
On the author alert list of 127 members.
Submitted a total of 2316 signed reviews.
Total words archived: 686,923
Average number of words per story: 3,948
Total hits to Profile Page: 17,045
Story with most hits: 100 Fish in the Sea - Complete.
Most reviewed story: 100 Hopes and Wishes - Complete.
Most favorited story: Prankwar - Complete.
Story with most followers: Hard to Breathe - In Progress.
Stories were the most visited in the month: August, 2011: 17,455 hits.
How many stories I have written for the following fandoms:
- Assassin's Creed: 3
- Avatar: Last Airbender: 3
- Chronicles of Narnia: 1
- Crayon Shin chan/クレヨンしんちゃん: 2
- Danny Phantom: 2
- Dark Cloud: 3
- Fairly OddParents: 1
- Final Fantasy VII: 19
- Final Fantasy VIII: 11
- Final Fantasy X: 1
- Final Fantasy X-2: 1
- Final Fantasy XIII: 1
- Glee: 1
- Harry Potter: 9
- Hey Arnold: 1
- Hunger Games: 1
- Kingdom Hearts: 102 (can you tell already how much I like KH?)
- Phineas & Ferb: 2
- Pokémon: 1
- Tangled: 2
- Tekken: 3
- Titanic: 1
- Tom and Jerry: 1
- Totally Spies: 1
- Twilight: 1
Now, my thoughts about certain things I've seen/read on this site. I took some things of Bookaholic711, but I agree with it, and I changed some things.
Guidelines: Take some time to read them before you post a story. If your story violates any of the rules, it doesn't belong here. Sometimes, it seems that people find it hard not to act like a spoiled 12 year old when I remind them of the guidelines in a review. Now ask yourself, is that the right way to react?
Titles: There are loads of stories on this site, but please try to come up with an original title. And check that when you search your title, there isn't already a story by that title in the same category as yours. Remember, the more interesting and original your title is, the more people want to read it.
Summaries: It's the first peek of your story that people get. It makes them decide whether or not to read it. Don't waste it by doing the following things:
- "I suck at summaries," or "Better summary inside." If you suck at summaries, people will automatically assume you suck at writing too, and you'll lose half of your perspective audience.
- "R&R!" Newsflash: you can't force them. More likely, it will work the other way around. It's okay at the end of a chapter to subtly ask people for reviews.
- "First story" or something like that. In fact, writing "first story" just makes them think it's bad before they've even started reading.
- "No flames plz!!" Obviously, this will only make the flamers want to flame you more.
- "CHAPTER XX IS UP!!11!" Yes, I can see that, too, since under every story you can see how many chapters the story has.
- Writing the name wrong/use a nickname; "Voldie" instead of Voldemort. It's annoying and it looks stupid. People will take you less serious too, because you don't take the effort to write a name right.
- "Don't like don't read!" Not only will people take the tip so nobody reads it, but it's rude in many ways too. Plus, in my eyes it just shows how less experience you have and that you can't take critics.
- Write down questions on which you already know the answer. For example: "Sora and Kairi hate each other's guts, but they have to work together for a school project. Will their hatred turn into love for each other in the end?" Admittedly, this isn't that bad, but it can get annoying if you're doing it too much and too often.
- Talk to your audience. For example: "Hey, guys! This is yet another story, my second one. I came up with the plot when I was walking from home to school and I saw a bus riding, and then a dog barked. Please tell me what you think of it. I think it's pretty cute, so squeee!" Please save that for the author notes, if you really have to tell your audience about it.
- And, maybe the most important of all: don't make any errors/typos in the summary, because grammar is important, too!
Chapter Length: As a multi chapter story, you can't write an amazing piece that's only 300 words long. If it's too short, you should either add more information, such as description or history, or if you have enough of those, combine it with another chapter. Short chapters finish before they can even get started. Your chapter should span more than one scene. But one scene shouldn't span more than one chapter, 'cause then you're adding too much description or history and you're going to bore your reader.
Before you post a story: If your story has correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization it's already 10 times better than most writing here. When you write here, hundreds of people are reading your work. They'll judge you on it. If you want their respect, you need to use correct spelling. And use spell check. It doesn't take long, and it will catch most errors. Then read what you wrote. Just once. Then you can post to your heart's content...or let it rest for a week and then look at it again, which is what I often do.
Betas: It's going to make your story so much better if you have someone else to check your conventions and tell you what needs more work. However, that doesn't mean you should let your beta do all the work and not proofread the chapter yourself.
Reviews and Flames: When someone reviews one of your stories, you should respect their opinion when they respect you, too. There is a clear difference between CC (constructive criticism) and a flame. CC is helpful. It gives ideas of how to improve (don't we all want that?), why they think you should change things, and mention what you're doing well. They're often left by some well-meaning writer who's then reported, yelled at and ganged up on for flaming. Please don't get mad at these people. Flaming, for those who don't know, is when people leave pessimistic reviews that are usually something like, "You suck! This is the worst writing EVER. I can't believe people actually read this! Learn to write, %&@#!" Hopefully, you can see the difference between the flame and the CC.
I don't want to offend anyone and I'm not saying that my stories are perfect. All these things are things that annoy me/things that I tell people they should work on in reviews.
- o - o - o -
Happy reading and thanks for visiting my profile and/or my stories! Reviews are always welcome. :3