Bio Fav: Stories . Authors
ANNOUNCEMENT (not that anyone actually cares, but to avoid confusion): I have changed my username from "fayfayzee" to "Shall be lifted Nevermore."
In case you're wondering by it sounds so familiar, it's a depressing line from The Raven by Poe.
"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!"
Also! You may or may not be happy to know that I'm working on a story just for fun! At the rate I'm going, it probably won't be done until year , but if I ever get around to finishing it, I'll let you guys know.
I don't really write. I just prefer to read what other people write. If the fanfic is a piece of trash, I will definitely say so (unless I'm so disgusted, I don't even bother to review). However, if it's awesome, I will also say so. Under no circumstances will I ever praise a story that has bad grammar/spelling/punctuation/etc. If the writer's uneducated, they're probably young (as in elementary school level) or stupid. If I flame you and you admit that you're five, you are excused, and I will apologize. If you say "but I'm only a teenager," I will laugh and show it to my 11 year old sister who will also laugh. Sure, her story sucks, but at least she knows what a freaking period is. (The punctuation mark... not an orbit of a comet or a mentrual cycle or a row on the periodic table. And don't you even DARE mention graphs of trigonometric functions...*shiver*)
Okay, I know I sound a bit harsh, but I'm not that bad! Really! What, you don't believe...oh alright. I see how it is.
Pet Peeves of Fanfiction
1. Bad grammar/ spelling: it wud b nice if i coudl undrstand wat your sayin, lol rite? Alright, usually it's not that bad, but it is really annoying when you can't properly enjoy a story because of technical issues.
2. Perfect characters: Who doesn't enjoy making Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus in our little minds? Just do it for fun, and don't post the story online okay?
3. Out of character characters: I can't decide if this is better or worse than a Mary Sue. There's just something so twisted about hijacking a character's soul and then twisting it...ugh.
4. Wrong facts: I will correct you in a review unless the awesomeness of your story makes up for it.
5. Random stupid errors: Don't you hate it when you're reading a perfectly good story, and all of a sudden you stub your toe on a stupid error? *Cringe* Yes, I'm very lenient in my reviews about this, but still.
Below are my favorites. Not all of them are necessarily good, but none of them are actually bad either. I usually only add incomplete stories because I prefer to use my Favorites List to check for updates instead of having Story Alerts spam up my inbox. If you're really looking for excellent, complete stories, look under "Favorite Authors."
I mainly read Percy Jackson fanfics because Rick Riordan left so many missing moments to fill up. My other favorite books just don't do as well in the form of fanfiction (but Sherlock Holmes and a couple of TV series also work).