Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Community » Games » Mass Effect » The Original Mass Effect Insertion Community

Focus: Games » Mass Effect, Since: 10-17-10
Founder: XfactorGaming - Stories: 714 - Followers: 178 - Staff: 8 - id: 86352
List of SIs, TPIs, and OCIs in the Mass Effect Fanfiction section. I'm just keeping tabs on any SI/TPI/OCIs laying around. UPDATED 3/15/2016 07:48AM PDT 562 SI/TPI/OCI stories in. Also, feel free to subscribe for updates on new SI/TPI/OCI fics. *UPDATE*Not accepting SI-parodies, so staff members double-check if it's legit or parody of SIs in general please. Also need staff members to check for any insertion fics in the Mass Effect crossover section. Still needing new staff members, PM me if interested.

124A Ghost and a Spectre » by ThePilotArchangel The Rational part of my brain is screaming that this is all just a dream that I will wake up from. But I know this is not a dream; not when there are others like me in this world. I must find a way to bind us all together, to save this universe and get back home. If I fail, something tells me God wont give me a second chance. Image not owned; Cowritten with IantheMechanic on AO3.
Mass Effect, T, English, chapters: 29, words: 228k+, favs: 351, follows: 459, updated: 9/18 published: 10/5/2019, Garrus V., Tali'Zorah, Shepard, OC
11Quarian Effect » by ThatOneMercyGuy Jason had a decently happy life, and the Mass Effect games had made it better at times, sure. But that doesn't mean he wanted to get sucked into the game, and as a different species no less!
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Adventure, chapters: 3, words: 6k+, favs: 47, follows: 81, updated: 6/28/2019 published: 6/26/2019, J. Garson, Garrus V., Tali'Zorah
76Effect of Immortal A self-insert story, » by CaptainRolo A self-insert/OC story, after waking up on an alien planet and having panic attacks our main character learns he is immortal and has somehow knowledge in his mind to create whatever he wants and so after years and years of building he finally goes to space to try and found his way back to Earth, unfortunately, he founds that he is not in his own universe but in Mass Effect universe
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Humor, chapters: 3, words: 14k+, favs: 439, follows: 606, updated: 9/10/2019 published: 4/26/2019
3Mass Effect: Shared Memories » by TheBiggestPapa A quaint fishing trip turns into a 4-D chess game where an entire universe I previously thought was just a game is at stake, and the one with all the cards is a mercenary with effective multiple personality disorder. This is an insert. Not a self-insert, but an insert quite like all the cool kids are doing these days.
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Adventure, chapters: 3, words: 17k+, favs: 29, follows: 47, updated: 4/9/2019 published: 3/13/2019, Shadow Broker, Shepard, Javik, OC
58The Causality Effect » by Unsated Explorateur A "meager excuse for a human" is given the chance by a higher power to start again in a realm only thought fiction, and potentially change the outcome of an eons old war spanning the galaxy. (PC - fishbone76)
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Spiritual, chapters: 18, words: 232k+, favs: 127, follows: 176, updated: 1/9 published: 12/6/2015, Garrus V., Miranda L., J. Garson
361The Pinnacle of Evolution » by swrWriter "Synthesis is the final evolution of all life." That's what the Catalyst claims, but it's really not all that it's cracked up to be. After being forced into this 'evolution', Jordan Sower ends up in Mass Effect with two purposes: Save the Galaxy and Synthesize all life. But he doesn't take orders from the Catalyst! Follow Jordan as he tries to change things for the better. Maybe.
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Friendship, chapters: 46, words: 280k+, favs: 610, follows: 755, updated: 9/11 published: 7/4/2018, Shepard, T. Vasir, Catalyst, OC
20Connected » by Lady Amiee Self Insert: Mass Effect has been remade into a full dive Virtual Reality world. Though I hated full dive games, I'd let my friend talk me into playing it... I never expected to fall in love with the world, but I did. This is my story. (AU) (Self Insert) (Romance/fun/adventure) (Not gonna be like MI, I promise XD)
Mass Effect, K, English, Romance & Friendship, chapters: 4, words: 10k+, favs: 44, follows: 71, updated: 8/6/2019 published: 2/16/2018, [OC, Thane K.] [Garrus V., J. Garson]
204Asari Effect » by CheshireTwilight I naively hoped someday to learn of the existence of alien life in the Universe. Now that I was one, all I wanted to do was go back to the ways things were. As I would experience time and again, the Universe did not give a damn how I felt. Self Insert SI / OC Asari.
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Sci-Fi, chapters: 11, words: 72k+, favs: 557, follows: 767, updated: 4/17/2018 published: 11/15/2017
11The Forgotten » by xoanmeira Broken...Scarred...The Man known only as Enigma to anyone who knew him. He was considered little more than a failure by the Illusive man, kept under lock and key until Commander John Shepard offers him a "new beginning" with a place on his team. This is an insert of a original character my friend came up with, i am writing this as a favor to him and as an OC insert into ME2 and 3.
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Sci-Fi, chapters: 12, words: 27k+, favs: 25, follows: 49, updated: 8/30/2017 published: 7/27/2017, Liara T'Soni, Tali'Zorah, Shepard
6Warrior's Effect by Rudolu5 Nothing is as it seems. Ancient forces awake to the harvest but before that they faced an enemy relentless in its persistence. They crushed them utterly, yet the Ancients fear this enemy so they destroyed their source. Now on Eden Prime an Ancient cometh, but so too does an enemy from a time before. An enemy with nothing to lose and if the galaxy burns? So be it. AU Lore/History.
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, words: 9k+, favs: 26, follows: 53, 5/20/2017, J. Garson, Liara T'Soni, OC
8Mass Chaos » by Danen5 Semi-SI/OCI: Our hero and his twin now flee to find the rest of their brethren but what will they find? And will Danen descend into madness as his memories come and go, will he fully remember who he truly is and why he was sent to the Mass Effect universe in the first place? The adventures of the duo and their AI butler/overall one man army continues as they journey into oblivion!
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Humor, chapters: 4, words: 13k+, favs: 16, follows: 33, updated: 4/23/2017 published: 4/12/2017, OC
88 Mass Effective: A Hero's Anthology » by DrStache A short series of stories summarizing the stunts of the super soldiers Shepard and Shield, as the space marines surpass every setback and situation set before them. When Cerberus, the Collectors, and the Reapers come a-knocking on their door...can the duo deal? Most Definitely. Rated T for Profanity.
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Adventure, chapters: 28, words: 143k+, favs: 122, follows: 195, updated: 4/1 published: 4/1/2017, Shepard, OC
9Mass Effect: Cipher » by mk0008 Secrets? technology? a little of a possible future? will these things keep someone sane, or will it drive someone insane? it hardly matters, all that matters is to do what must be done to preserve the future. OC insert blend
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Mystery, chapters: 4, words: 9k+, favs: 19, follows: 38, updated: 10/15/2017 published: 3/15/2017, J. Garson, Admiral Hackett, OC
37The Old Ways: Extra » by Vo0d0o-D0L Waking up next to a corpse isn't the best way to start your day as I find out. Stuck in a place I shouldn't be, it's all I can do to try and survive until the skies darken. But when you're pit against a centuries old Matriarch with little more than the generosity of strangers even that becomes a challenge.
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure, chapters: 13, words: 72k+, favs: 66, follows: 94, updated: 12/22/2017 published: 2/23/2017, Shadow Broker, Aethyta, Ardat-Yakshi, OC
504 Another Realm VI: Chevalier » by Kat-2V One war has ended, another has begun, and the complications seem to never bloody end. If I'm not dealing with relationship problems, I'm dealing with leadership problems... and just when both of those look like they're settled, I get to be thrown head-first into the bloody waters of Terminus politics. Dammit, but some days I really just want to leave all of this to someone else.
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Adventure, chapters: 38, words: 220k+, favs: 165, follows: 140, updated: 5/19/2017 published: 2/20/2017, Liara T'Soni, Miranda L., Aria T'Loak, Aethyta
7Insert Obligatory Physics Joke Here R2 » by Chris7221 Revived, revised, and reworked for 2017 with DNA from Emergence, Extinction, and other top-tier fics. Four internet friends end up in the weird and wonderful world of Mass Effect. Follow a bad engineer, a pretentious musician, a former soldier, and Sandra as they join Shepard on her mission to save the galaxy. There'll be swords! You'll like it!
Mass Effect, T, English, Humor & Parody, chapters: 4, words: 9k+, favs: 12, follows: 18, updated: 9/19/2017 published: 2/16/2017, J. Garson, OC
77Watchers » by lPriime A calming walk around town quickly turns into me being shot and ending up in a place I definitely didn't belong. Now, I have to help save the galaxy from an evil force that returns every 50,000 years and figure out why I was brought here in the first place. Will I die in the process? Most likely. But I sure as hell won't go quietly.
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Adventure, chapters: 18, words: 96k+, favs: 198, follows: 307, updated: 5/26 published: 2/14/2017, Garrus V., U. Wrex, Shepard, OC
83Awake » by The Blocked Writer I woke up in a glass tank, stuck in a body that definitely wasn't mine, and that was just the first few minutes. Naturally it all pretty much went downhill from there.
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Adventure, chapters: 4, words: 23k+, favs: 166, follows: 256, updated: 3/10/2017 published: 2/14/2017, OC
88Fulcrum Effect » by Skarlath Waking up on Eden Prime in the middle of Saren's attack was bad enough without the migraine - and that's not even mentioning the other complications. What is going on? This is supposed to be a videogame! Self insert. Also on AO3 with the same title under the penname Mourwen.
Mass Effect, T, English, Sci-Fi & Adventure, chapters: 10, words: 32k+, favs: 205, follows: 324, updated: 6/28 published: 2/11/2017, Nihlus K., Shepard, OC
1The Occupation by Raulius The average world of an average college student shatters and threatens to end when humanity is faced with an enemy no one expected was real. Can he survive the next few months with both his life and mind intact? "No matter how hard you try, you can't save them all."
Mass Effect, K+, English, Tragedy & Angst, words: 2k+, favs: 1, follows: 3, 1/14/2017, D. Anderson, OC
6Mass Effect: The Fugue » by KidSpectre An amnesic man suddenly shows up in the world of Mass Effect with no recollection of his past nor how he got there. How will he affect the events of the world he is in and how will it effect the world he left behind? Takes place during the events of Mass Effect 1.
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Sci-Fi, chapters: 2, words: 14k+, favs: 17, follows: 29, updated: 1/23/2017 published: 1/14/2017, J. Garson, OC
4Windfall by AnguishOC Lucas is eighteen and trying to find his way in the world. When a normal holiday evening goes awry, his family is attacked then brought to his fathers research facility. Tragedy ensues. Now alone and enlisted he can only hope for one thing. Windfall.
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Sci-Fi, words: 4k+, favs: 6, follows: 21, 12/22/2016, J. Garson, OC
5As Luck Will Have It » by jjpdn What's the odds of rolling three 6's in a row? 1 out of 216. What about the chances of tripping so hard you create a wormhole in the fabric of space? Lemme tell you, it's not even small number. IT'S ZERO. Sad thing is... I'm not even surprised anymore when this 'zero' happens to me more times than the 1/216. Welcome to my life, where everything is so coincidental it's stupid.HIATUS
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Sci-Fi, chapters: 2, words: 2k+, favs: 9, follows: 17, updated: 12/20/2016 published: 12/12/2016
11From How This Galaxy Turns » by Iselea Look, I kept an open mind to what my afterlife is like but being reincarnated as the galaxy's only hope against the Reapers (of all things) is far too much. I haven't even finished the game! -An SI OC fic. Rewritten
Mass Effect, T, English, Adventure & Humor, chapters: 4, words: 3k+, favs: 33, follows: 58, updated: 8/22/2018 published: 11/20/2016, J. Garson, OC
30Unexpected » by LeShyWolf By sheer chance something changed. Gears were shifted, the world froze and the universe decided to throw me a platter, serving an unfathomable realm with blue aliens, a perilous job in Chora's Den, Geth and, eventually Commander Shepard.
Mass Effect, T, English, Drama & Fantasy, chapters: 6, words: 37k+, favs: 55, follows: 96, updated: 8/21/2017 published: 11/3/2016, OC
314 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service