for Ho'olilo

10/10/2017 c1 Grifter5280
Were either of you in the military? You certainly captured a lot of the transitional issues.
4/19/2015 c1 17weemcg33
WOW! Amazing. I never really though how much the transisition from SEAL to cop would have affected Steve, but it was good that he finally opened up about it. Glad Cath and Danny were there to offer their support.
4/4/2014 c1 4Smooth Doggie
What an incredible story. Thoroughly well and truly researched because you've hit the nail right on the head. I recently left after almost 20 years in the Armed Forces and I can't get my head around civilian life whatsoever. It's beyond madness because I need a regimented timetable, just as you commented upon, I have to know what's on plan for the next week in advance. People dropping by bug me because they don't realise quite how disrupting changes to the plans are - if it's my hour for scheduled tv or dinner then I'm out of schedule all evening or day - and it drives me mad - unreasonably so. I know I have PTSD and am in therapy for this - but I am struggling out here without my Forces buddies around me - people who understand the way I think because they were trained that very same way. I wasn't on the front-line anywhere but I've worked amongst war and the carnage left in it's wake - we're not all heroes but it surely takes a certain type of person to not lose their lunch each time they come across another body, or orphan left shell-shocked by the ravages of conflict. Anyway - I really enjoy BOTH of your individual writing and when you work together it's just amazing. Signing up for your future collaborations - thank you Sym & Cokie
2/26/2014 c1 8Rose Zanini
I usually love the stories you guys write, but I have to admit that I was a little dissapointed in this one. I get the feeling that Steve would never open up in that way with Danny and Cath at the same time, I don't know, but it just feels weird. I think that he could have this kind of a conversation with just Cath, but with Danny the conversation would feel different. Sure, they can have a heart to heart but the style of the conversation is different, I don't know, I guess this was a bit too open for me. Also, I think that Danny would express his guilt about making Steve feel that way more clearly. Anyway, if I just think away Danny in this conversation (which honestly isn't hard since he never says anything, but him lurching in the background makes it feel kinda awkward), this is a good one.
1/18/2014 c1 6lanibapt

McRoll :-)

Few FF but always good stuff.

Thanks for this plot. Good to see Steve opens up and Danny there for both of them.

Ohana.
1/15/2014 c1 GraceGraceGrace
I always enjoy y'all's work. Whether you write separately or together, you just "get" these boys and you translate em to the page. This one was lovely, thank you.
1/13/2014 c1 wotumba1
can see why that case brought it all back for steve...

and i knew danny couldn't stay silent for all of that, even though he managed longer than i thought ;-)
1/11/2014 c1 Guest
Loved it! More like this, pretty please?
1/10/2014 c1 Jean25
Wonderful collaboration loved the background story, very realistic and IC, love these 3.
1/11/2014 c1 6WolandR
Loved it! I can't understand why the show's writers insist on moving further and further away from character development and bromance that defined this show in the first two seasons. Thanks to fanfiction writers, like yourself, for giving us the needed fix. This was beautifully done, you guys! Thank you!
1/9/2014 c1 St
Excellent reading! Enjoyed it immensely!
1/9/2014 c1 Jean25
Wonderful writing ladies, very realistic for both Steve and Major Marx, I live in VA and work with former military career soldiers and the transition to Civ life can be challenging. I am glad you provided this important background on our favorite Seal and do hope you are inspired to collaborate again soon!
1/10/2014 c1 Kiwikaren
That was so good, as I knew it would be. I was glued from start to finish.
1/10/2014 c1 Branson1917
Wonderful! Brilliant linking of the episodes, and what we do know to the beginning; when Steve came,and it all began.
There is so much we DIDN'T know. You wove it all together in an amazing narrative. Love seeing 'into' Steve, things that were hidden to us, and that stoic 'no big deal, I'm fine' wall he puts up.
Great joining of talents! Thank you for this.
1/8/2014 c1 Guest