for This Little Girl, This Miracle

10/24/2019 c3 155showtunediva
This is great. I am seeing the Matilda musical next weekend and the movie is one of my favorites. I hope you write more Matilda stories. :)
4/3/2018 c3 20The Princess of Pink
this is so cute that Matilda is reading stories to other kids!
3/13/2018 c3 The Silly Storyteller
Oh, this is lovely! I like how Matilda reads to the other children, that's so... her.

Wonderful!
5/20/2017 c1 Guest
Good number 2
11/11/2016 c3 Storyqueen
LOVED IT!
8/19/2015 c3 15Traveler Of Many Lands
Oh, this story gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. Great work!
7/28/2015 c1 2x.starless-skies.x
I know this is a year old fanfiction, that still doesn't mean I won't tell you how well written this is so far. You have portrayed the characters well in a form that is believable, and you have a wonderful writing style. You have just the right amount of descriptions that help the reader visualize. I'm glad I got around to reading this fic.
6/23/2015 c3 swedish
This is so sweet and good and adorable. Thank you.
6/5/2015 c1 Annie
It's a lovely story, though I'll remind you that in Britain, "cafeterias" are called "dining halls" or "canteens". Hope that helps. :)
4/13/2014 c3 42KatieMarie999
Maybe she'll finish the story of the escapologist's daughter with the happy ending it eventually had. That would be lovely.

I like that Matilda used the Madeline book to provide comfort to the other kids rather than herself. It definitely seems like something she would do. It's likely she would have read that book herself way back when she was reading through all the children's books in the library. And sharing it with the other kids probably brought her great joy, as did telling Mrs. Phelps her stories.

The cameo from the doctor who delivered Matilda (or... just sang outside the hospital room while one of his nurses delivered her) was really interesting. And Matilda's parents definitely were a pair of idiots when she was born. What was the worst day of Mrs. Wormwood's life was, unknowingly, one of the best days of Miss Honey's. And I think that really shines through in this chapter.

Really good story. A natural sequel to the musical that makes a lot of sense. I enjoyed it a lot and hope you enjoyed writing it! I hope to see more Matilda stories from you. This site is sadly lacking in really good ones. :)
4/13/2014 c2 KatieMarie999
I actually saw the end of this chapter sort of like a movie in my head (with the people I saw as Matilda and Miss Honey filling in the roles). It felt very similar to the vibe of the musical. The moment when Matilda admits her fears is very genuine and you can sort of tell that it takes a great deal of courage on her part even to admit it, especially considering her background. And the timid asking Miss Honey to hold her... goodness, that got to me. Very sweet and very in-character. You can sort of tell she hasn't been with Miss Honey long.

Also I wasn't sure if you'd read the book until this chapter. Nice obscure reference with the doctor being Nigel's father! Yes I caught that and it was brilliant! Definitely did not see it coming!
4/13/2014 c1 KatieMarie999
Very intriguing opening. I'm so glad you love the musical because it's one of my favorites. I can tell it was an inspiration because the characters talk a lot closer to the musical versions than the book versions. I really liked that Matilda looked up her symptoms in a medical dictionary. Very much something she would do. And years of being ignored or being called a liar would, of course, lead her to keep her symptoms to herself. Probably not the first time she's been sick and hidden it.

Really interesting. Off to read the next chapter!
2/11/2014 c3 4PenWonder22
I really liked this story! It was heartwarming, fellow writer. It was lovely and hope you would make more good stories!
2/8/2014 c3 21NonbinaryNewt
Aww! This is so nice! LUV IT! :D
1/19/2014 c3 1torik
This story made me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy (after the surgery, of course).
16 Page 1 2 Next »