for Tell Your Troubles to the Stove

8/25/2014 c1 23SaraiEsq
Interesting tale. Well done.
5/22/2014 c1 Laverock
Sehr gut!
3/30/2014 c1 2JannaKalderash
I figure that they are part Fey, Hogan through his Irish roots, and Wilhelm through his German roots. All Fey are related anyways, seeing as how they trace their ancestry back to Dana, one of the main deities of the Danu, who were rumored to have come from Atlantis.

This story needs some expansion; for example, are any of the other guys related to the Fey, and what can they do?

I see Newkirk as being related to Robin Goodfellow, who was the son of Oberon (I think) and a mortal girl. He's wily enough and a good enough pickpocket.

If any of the Norse Gods are watching this, have the guys offer up a plate of squirrel stew to Loki. He'd LOVE to get in on something like this, because it's one humongous prank against a bunch of bullies!
2/6/2014 c1 2SpaceEngineerPeanut
Wow, what a great twist! Very intriguing and beautifully written, thank you.
1/31/2014 c1 Robert Gillis
This story was a pleasant turn on the "Klink finds out" story and I LOVED it. it's very well written, and you captured the voices of Crane and Klemperer perfectly. Imagine if this had been an episode! Thank you for writing this and sharing it - VERY well done.
1/15/2014 c1 10FloatingPizza
I was pleasantly surprised by this. Your Klink is less the silly-but-sympathetic Kommandant from the show and more a reserved though slightly pompus German officer. It's a nice change. (It is hard for me to see canon Klink as being friends with Rommel, but you pulled it off here.)
The main reason I read this story was that I saw mention of Operation Briefcase in the summary. The July 20th plot is a point of extreme interest to me, as it was Stauffenberg and his lot that got me into WWII and Hogan's Heroes as a result. I thought the setup was quite believable, and I liked both parts of the story. Your scenarios were clever and interesting, even in the tell-don't-show manner they were narrated, as nessesitated by the set-up, this being a oneshot and not a multi-chapter work. I feel like I lost something when you got into the kobalds and mythic creatures, I suppose because I haven't read your other stories or I don't see it as a natural subject for Hogan to be discussing. The integration of the fairy tale was a nice bit, though I feel Hogan might have caught onto Klink's "I have a friend..." ruse a little quicker.
1/13/2014 c1 76snooky-9093
Well, Hogan sure had an unpleasant shock. How much did Klink know? did he guess? Nice work in second half of story. It's good to see Hogan's operation (with help from Klink and the others) saving innocent lives that way. Nice plot device (although a bit frightening) used to hide the Jewish prisoners.

the Desert Fox. Reading about him now in a book about the African campaign. I still do not consider him or the summer of 44 conspirators as heroes. They should have and could have done something in the 30's. I think they only decided to get rid of Hitler after it was obvious the war was lost and he was crazy. I'm sure they knew about the exterminations etc, and did nothing. My two cents. LOL.