for Time to Deliver

11/28/2015 c1 39Clare Hope
HoLY CRaP that was INCREDIBLE oh my god
2/19/2014 c1 11Battery Bug
This was brilliant. Really. I'm mind-blown. (Finally Shakespeare is being put to some good use.)

The idea is maybe not unique, but it is still original and it is very, very well done. And it is also kind of a fascinating mix of high culture and the genre of fanfic (which, let us be fair, is worlds away from Shakespeare), especially because it works.

If I might offer some critique, there are two instances that ruin the experience a little - and it is the same thing that happens both places. The first is in the third paragraph, the one starting "As time rolled on...", the second is (quite fittingly) in the third to last paragraph, beginning "The smile he received in return...". Both of those paragraphs have the feel of a summary, of something that the author 'did not really want to think to much about and just skipped easily over'. I am not saying that is necessarily the case, but it is the feel it gives.
The former is the one which I think is most problematic - because that almost stopped me reading (and in retrospect, I really would have regretted missing this!). It is especially the first sentence which annoys me, which has that summarizing feel. On the other hand, re-reading it now, I have a hard time coming up with a more specific way of fixing it, for it works with the rest of your writing style, only by the time it appears... I was not quite as transfixed as I am now (and as I said, it almost stopped me).
The latter I can fully understand - but it sort of breaks with the flow of the rest of the story. It is especially the sentence "He was matched..." that I have trouble with here. However, the way of integrating it further would be to add more detail, and I think that that might just clash more with the flow and, more importantly, the feel, of the rest of the story, so I am not even going to suggest you change it. Just point it out for good measure.

On another note - little, specific details that I loved (and therefore absolutely have to mention).
You describe a grin as puckish - if I am not very mistaken that expression is based on the character Puck from A Midsummer Night's Dream (at least I think that s where he belongs...). I hope you threw it in there on purpose. Because it is brilliant, and it is taking the writing to a whole new level. Lovely detail.
And, slightly different, the picture you create at the end, with Jack on the floor totally dishevelled (but presumably very happy about it), and Ianto calmly readjusting his tie is just fantastic. Partly because I really like the image in itself, and partly because it is a perfect picture of the entire feel of the story (for Ianto was certainly the one in control here, and Jack was dishevelled long before anybody touched his clothes).

I think I messed up some of my critique (and made it slightly incoherent) by going back and re-reading the passages while I was typing this up. If that is the case, feel free to ignore that part of the review. If you do not like it, feel free to ignore it too.

Long story short, I really liked this fic - and I think it was amazingly well-written. Now excuse me - I am off to look at what else you have written.
2/7/2014 c1 2k+badly-knitted
Oh how I love wicked, seductive Ianto! Poor Jack was left floundering - he's no match for Ianto's wit and knowledge of Shakespeare! Not that it seemed to matter to Ianto! He knew what he wanted and he made sure he got it!
2/6/2014 c1 22daffidil
beautiful...
2/1/2014 c1 Aya2013
LIKE IT! THANKS FRO SHARING :)
1/31/2014 c1 sd4ianto
I will never read Shakespeare the same way ever again.
1/31/2014 c1 188Gmariam
Oh my god, that was priceless! You really, really know your Shakespeare, don't you? As does Ianto, and he wields it perfectly. Each quotation of the Bard was just so well placed, and the lines about the dagger and sword and being well armed made me positively cackle. And I just adored Jack's clueless response to it all - classic!
Getting dressed again at the end was something I could picture so perfectly, although I do have to ask: when will we get the outtakes for that "Sometime later" line? ;)
And so our emails have now created Ianto Jones, badass sexgod. Pretty soon we're going to have to turn over our own self created tropes and come up with something new. But for now, this is fun. And brilliant. I loved it and I'm so impressed with the turnaround.
And I must admit - I could have never written something like this. So I'm glad you did, and so quick to boot. I'll be grinning all night. Great job! Gina :)
1/31/2014 c1 Alice Carter
There's a Shakespeare insulter site online. You should program a Shakespeare seducer. Wait - you've already written one. Clever AND sexy. Given what we've seen of Ianto, there's no reason to think he couldn't hold his own with Jack, and give as good as he gets, maybe better. :)
Banter as an art form once again.
1/31/2014 c1 36Cerih
When I saw the idea sparked in our email conversation, I was thrilled. But somehow, and I realise it was remiss of me, I never quite expected this. Knowing you as well as I do, I should have done. It is a story that's so you; your intelligence, wit and incrible dialogue skills really shine. It's witty, it's tight, it's oh so hot and yet it also carries an air of sophistication. Ianto, like yourself, is well learned.

You know I love a strong Ianto, and you know how I like it when the tables are turned on poor Jack. That seems to happen a lot in our stories... :) But it shows Ianto as an independent man capable of making his own choices, rather than following Jack's whims because he can't resist those damn 51st century pheromones. He can, he does and he is all the better for it. Jack doesn't seem to complain too much either. ;-)

Bravo, you keep surprising and delighting me in the best possible way! Feel free to keep up the good work! And it is, as always, an honour.