for Numb

7/11/2021 c15 6TheAmethystAlpha01
This Fanfiction has been amazing so far! The characters are perfectly in character, in fact, it blows my mind just how well you managed it. I'm very impressed with the writing, the scenarios and how they are handled, and so much more. Now, I'm wondering, with your consent of course, could I draw some Fanart for this specific chapter? I have a few ideas in mind that I would love to use. Thank you for your time, and I will be sure to continue reading.
11/24/2020 c36 3SilentTruthBehindLies
I’ve loved reading this story so much! Don’t know why I didn’t find it sooner, I had to re-read the first chapter when I finished cause I couldn’t believe how far the characters had progressed in this story, and so smoothly too! Thanks for the brilliant read!
7/11/2020 c36 9LinaBean15
Loved it! I'm a few years late, but awesome story! I loved Ed and Roy's relationship, it was nice to see them both healing together. And I really appreciate you keeping it to a K low T rating...it's refreshing to read an awesome FMA story without all the usual swearing and stuff. Can't wait to read more of your stories!
11/29/2019 c36 14Viniloversus
I loved the story and I especially loved the ending, Roy's passing notwithstanding, you could have let the lovable man just live on in our imagination, you know? I loved the drunk inauguration speech, though and Edward climbing on a tree, so hilarious!

Lovely story, thanks for writing it!
6/19/2019 c36 10SilverPen001
Wow. I wish it were possible to quadruple love this story. I’m sorry I didn’t leave notes on every chapter but it just had me so entranced I couldn’t stop. You did a wonderful wonderful job and you are to be commended. Keep up the good work, I hope to read more from you.
2/12/2019 c36 HetaRosFangirl
You made me cry quite a few times.
This work had so much emotion.
In the beginning, you took the guilt and grief and took it to the next level. You didn't show some moments where he was shutting down - no, you went the mile and went through every painful second of Ed's existence, every painful or numb thought of his consciousness, and every hint that the others were feeling terrible for him, though the character himself was incapable of doing the same. That alone is hard to accomplish - no, you maxed it to 100 when he moved to Central. It felt terrible, what was happening to this lovable kid! My worst nightmare was coming true! An underlying threat to all of the source material is the loom of Al's potential death, but it was always avoided (besides that one time) so I got used to just thinking Al was permanent - which makes this prompt really interesting btw. You take that prompt and blow it to the next level as every time his daily life was disrupted my stomach twisted, and every time it wasn't I had a smile on my face, hopeful to the future. A lot like the characters. And I love how you modified the plot - but your original plot was priceless! It starts with grief and his dealing with it. But while every other story ends happy, you end hopeful - as Mustang is implied dead, but Ed's taking it better because of the skills he learned from the Bastard. I was also surprised by how many happy scenes were in this - I was laughing quite a few times - but because of everything else in the beginning, it felt earned. I was laughing because the characters were living again. You pulled that off! It was an amazing feeling!
Now, that's all fantastic and all. But I'm going to remember this story through the character dynamics. How Roy imploded and opened up to this child for his sake. How Ed was always scared he'd kill someone else, and how that affected the team's actions. How the team was determined to teach the kid how to move on and still live life to the greatest extent. How everyone else proved that the life ultamatium Al gave him wasn't a burden. How Mustang for once was prompted with a line the cunning never expected - "Adopt me" - and how that affected him like the fires affected Ishval (btw, if it weren't for the entire desk thing in the Omake, that would be my favorite line. That and the line that goes something like "I had to see my baby brother's name in a tombstone".) How in the end Ed didn't blame him for using the souls, and almost like an equivalent exchange, Mustang did a kindness of his own and got him his arm back.
That homely feeling - whether dysfunctional at the beginning or hopeful inspiring at the end - left me pondering on this work in basically all of my classes today. I was thinking over Ed's character in this for fun during sports practice the other day and did really well too, actually! This character analysis and emotional rollercoaster of a story will stick with me when I remember the good memories of FMA. You made an actual masterpiece. Very rarely are full-blown tears falling down my face at the last line. Bless that desk part. Bless it. I cannot believe you topped the hug, but you did. This was spectacular. I'm checking out your other works! Your an incredible writer who really understands characters and emotional buildup. I know this was written a while ago, so I hope you're still writing! You can accomplish great things with these skills!
Above all, thank you for powering through this impassioned work. You did it, and it was awesome! Those countless hours really impacted me and left me feeling happy about my day. So thank you for everything. I hope you're doing well!

As Always,

Happy Writing~
1/8/2019 c36 creativesm75
This whole thing was wonderful.
7/31/2018 c36 Jen
Okay- so I just found this, and it was amazing! I especially loved the Omake: A Sturdy Piece of Furniture! That was a work of art. (not that the whole story wasn't), but I finished this up right before bed and that one section kept me up for over an hour- try to fall asleep... It got me into the whole line of questioning... just when did Mustang die... It was way to bitter-sweet to be a bad ending of days... that one line: "but Mustang's days had come to an end, and the desk's days with him." Oh, my... I nearly choked-up (okay I did...), continue with questions: who did he marry? How old is little Hughes currently? I mean Ed's not that much younger than Mustang... not even 20 years... so... anyway! My poor brain at 1:00 in the morning as I can't fall asleep think about your story... It was an amazing read! Thanks so much for your work!
2/26/2018 c36 9KaylinElemental15
I found this fanfic a few years ago when it only had a few chapters. Needless to say, it definitely caught my interest. I never did finish reading it since I forgot where I left off on it, but to have remembered this and reading it from beginning to end...I LOVE IT! PARENTAL ROYED 4EVER! XD you did an EXCELLENT job on this! :D
10/19/2017 c36 Guest
My fucking heart is imploded this is for real one of my favorite fics ever i am dead
10/18/2017 c12 Guest
I want to cry I'm in love with this so much
10/1/2017 c2 Guest
Ya fucked. We're fucked. I'm crying.
9/26/2017 c36 kimeki95
A Sturdy Piece of Furniture almost made me cry /again/ cuz I thought Mustang had died ahsnddgskhdksd the letter and the way u wrote it sounds so sad I can't contain my feels TT_TT

ure an amazing writer and i can tell u not much fanfics managed to make me cry n ride the train of feels
9/26/2017 c14 kimeki95
i haven't evwn finished this chapter but it already made me cry i just can't... i can almost feel how Ed feels when he hurt Mustang and from there, my tears just can't hold themselves in... this is so heartbreaking T.T u wrote it very nicely all the feelings been delivered to my heart successfully
12/29/2016 c15 4StarDream013
I'm not even half way through and I can say out of the hundreds of fanfics I've read, this is by far one of my top 3, if not number 1 (a few are tied for 1 and 2). But really. I love every aspect of this story so far!
425 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »