for Numb

8/27/2015 c36 22Arweyn
Okay, so, I am going to be honest: at first I was daunted at the length of this fanfiction. I usually don't do well when it comes to multiple-chaptered ones, not because my attention span is that short (still longer than Ed, tho') but because I am a generally busy person and I want to give my entire attention to fics (I find myself occasionally skipping paragraphs when I know I have other, more pressing stuffs to do). However, since I have holidays now, I decided to just go for it.

I don't regret anything.

This fanfiction, this amazingly written piece of art, is absolutely fantastic! Your way of writing is such a pleasure and detailed and it read so fast and easy, I found myself unable to stop reading! The way you tell the events and describe the characters made me feel as if I was actually part of it, as if I was there, witnessing it with my own eyes. This story is by far one of the best I have ever read (and I have read a lot of fanfictions). You are also one of the few writers that have managed to make me cry multiple times, either from sadness or sheer laughter. I love the way you involved major key points of the manga/anime in your own way and how you wrote the characters, which were all spot on.

I bow to you, because not only is your writing style so fantastic and you brought me to tears but because this story is so magnificently written, with nice plot twists and incredibly funny banter between the characters. I was sad to have finished it, and a selfish part of me wanted it to be longer, to not have ended but the more rational part of me agrees that the way you ended it, is perfect. Granted, you could have written more but as you said before, it may or may not have resulted into a 'half-arsed fanfiction with gaps because of a lack of interest'. But the way you left it, is perfect (however I am really glad you added a fun part after the sad part because I was bawling like a baby and I needed a small pick-me-up.) This story has moved me in ways not many stories have done before and I was pleasantly surprised!

So, long story short: thank you so, so much for writing this amazing story, for sticking to it even when you had a writing block, even when you were ill or busy with other things. Thank you for sharing this with us, to make us feel as if we were there, to move us to tears, to make us laugh and to make us realise that life is, indeed, beautiful.
Thank you, from the depth of my heart.
8/20/2015 c36 17Lily D. Cave
When I read ' A sturdy piece of furniture' and saw under you couldn't end it all sad I knew it would have to go about dunk Mustang. It did, you made my day!
8/19/2015 c32 Lily D. Cave
I really like how you put canon events in your story. The way how you adapt it to fit in almost makes it feel like you just copied it, that it is really how it went. Just freaking perfect!
8/17/2015 c18 Lily D. Cave
Noooooo~Envy you freaking Mc Guffin, cliffhanger plotdevice! Go away! Don't want you in this beautiful written story! Shoo, I will step on you!
8/17/2015 c17 Lily D. Cave
This story makes me want to hug my laptop!
8/4/2015 c36 FoxBird
The sturdy piece of furniture omake made me really freaking sad you sadist. But in all honesty this is probably my favourite fic ive read it at least 3 times, i love it to bits! (even tho some bits are sob worthy)
7/31/2015 c3 Foster117
Sweg
7/31/2015 c36 76speedfanatic05
First off, thanks! When it comes to reviewing, I take it just as seriously as I take writing. As a writer, I know how important it is to get feedback, good or bad. I just hope that my thoughts on your work have made it easier for the words to flow.

As for the Omake...HOLY COW, I thought the last chapter was a doozy. This one had me all in my feels. Firstly, because this is the last chapter of this story. I've read when I've had free time, sneaking in time at work (shh, don't tell the boss,lol), and read on the go. Each chapter, each word kept me enthused and enthralled. It was truly an enjoyable experience.

Secondly, you handled the various situations in the Omake superbly. The emotions, which you so expertly wielded in Numb, were just as visceral here. I laughed, I teared up, most of all, I had a smile on my face at the very end.

A job truly well done.

Can't wait to read more of your work!
7/30/2015 c35 speedfanatic05
I had to give myself a moment before reviewing. This was one of the best stories I've ever read.

Ever.

And that's both published and fan fic.

It's rare that you find a story that explores emotion as deeply as you've done here. I already knew coming in that it wouldn't be all peaches and cream and the angst would be heavy, but you've taken it to another degree. In some pieces with dark subject matter such as Numb, the reader sometimes requires a break from the despair and woe is me the writer provides. Here, you've built in that break within your prose; it's not one drastic, drama filled moment after another. There were bits of levity balanced within the melancholy, humor to temper the darkness of loss. There was also a heaping amount of heart. You can tell that you put a lot of work into this piece, it's evident in every word you've given us.

And for that, I thank you.

I love reading stories that makes me nearly obsessive, constantly checking for updates, and fully submerges me into the world that the author has built. It's a journey, one that I'm glad I went on because along with the plots , the characters, there's a sense of humanity that I've gained from this- especially in the epilogue. I've been having a bit of difficulty lately with the ins and outs of life and reading Numb has, in some ways, helped me face those difficulties. It's what's at the core of this story; despite the hardships, the darkness, pick up and keep moving forward.

One of the greatest takeaways ever.

I know there's one more chapter to read and I click on it with a heavy heart knowing that after that last period, this story will be completed. It was time well spent.

Brilliant work :)
7/30/2015 c34 speedfanatic05
I have to admit, I nearly cried out in anguish when Mustang didn't give a hasty affirmative. BUT that goes to show that he doesn't do or take anything lightly. He takes his time, mulls things over, look at it from a different perspective and comes up with the best conclusion. It shows, that despite his thirst for revenge against Envy, he's not the one to run into something without thinking about it. Considering adoption- considering Ed's adoption- definitely warranted some time.

Conversely, I loved that Ed didn't meltdown after receiving the answer he got. I love that Ed also considered gravitas of what he was asking of Roy. It shows that although Ed still has his doubts, his insecurities, that he's growing. And it's all because of Roy's guidance. It's funny, where Roy feels as if he's not doing his best, he's actually giving Ed exactly what he needs. And where Ed feels as if he's failing Roy, he's actually lending the older man a bit of guidance on his own terms. It's just so awesome to see them working in tandem.

Although it's not an official adoption, the fact that there are secrets between them more than solidifies the relationship.

Great work :)
7/30/2015 c33 speedfanatic05
I realize now that I'm prolonging the inevitable. I simply do not want to finish this story. I love the give and take with Roy and Ed, especially emotionally. Ed's still somewhat stuck in emotional limbo and seems to always believe the worst before believing that he's worthy of care. So many doubts, so many mistakes made against one shining example of love and care. It's an uphill battle for Roy but I really don't see him shying away from it. Now that Ed's essentially called him out to the mat, I'm especially intrigued as to what Roy's decision will be.

Great chapter, as always!
7/25/2015 c36 2Kiri Natsumi-Tetsuya
yes, I would love to read an alternate ending, but I really just like to read
7/24/2015 c32 76speedfanatic05
Now that was intense. Glad that Edward and Riza were able to pull Roy away from the edge. The rage, sorrow, guilt- all of it played out beautifully. You truly have a way with words.

I know I'm getting close to the end and I don't want to. But I have to know what happens next.

Great work :)
7/24/2015 c31 speedfanatic05
That's what I love about Mustang- he's always ready to go to war when the cause is right. Ed and Riza are in peril and not only that, he just got the confirmation he was seeking, now all that is left is to watch the flames dance.

Love how you posed a vengeful Roy in Ed's eyes. Revenge must look rather scary, especially coming from the eyes of someone that you care for.

Great job :)
7/24/2015 c36 1sub.C
:') :') :')
Yeah, longest review ever should ABSOLUTELY be me :'D. Gimme a sec to prepare my... wait, honestly, whatsitcalled (but hey, in this case, blame it on my sometimes nonexistent English vocabulary OKAY XD...) - inauguration speech. Jesus Christ. :'D

Dear author of Numb,

So... after all, Roy's dead ó_ò... it's all so bittersweet, my heart hurts! But most of all because... well, the mere fact that everything's OVER now - this amazing roller coaster ride's just ended and I feel like I'm getting kicked out of my seat. ':o(
But I totally enjoyed the ride! Well, some chapters more than others... I had my favorites but also the ones that didn't really impress me that much ;P... there were the ones that hurt my feelings so bad I couldn't even bring myself to review (like, the very beginning of this story), there were the ones that moved me to tears so I could barely recognize the words through my blurred vision while I was typing my review, there were the ones that made me crack up and laugh my butt off... and the ones that just made me squeal and gave me tons of warm fuzzies, so I just wanted to hug my laptop to death in return.

But ultimately, this is where things come to an end, and there will be no more updates, and I can't write no more reviews, and there will be no unexpected feels jumping at me anymore, and... nothing. Cause it's the end.

Farewell my dear story.
I'm gonna miss you.

And omg I need to get this review over with cause otherwise I'm gonna burst into tears in a bit, cause drama-queen-me is a drama queen T-T...
But at least I wanted to finish this with a review that somehow matches my title you know ;).
Bye then!