for Call to Arms

2/13/2014 c2 Bright Promise 2
Really good chapter yet again. Rilla doesn't take 5 years to forgive Ken like Anne did with Gilbert...I think the Four Winds lighthouse dance on the eve that the war broke out was a very promising start to mend Ken and Rilla's relationship and start them on a journey towards realising what they really meant to each other...but pardon me for jumping ahead lol; still a few chapters until we get to that point, methinks. Thanks for the update and bring on chapter 3 :)
2/13/2014 c1 2Nan of Ingleside
I suppose this is a one-shot and although it's sweet and short the way it is, I wish you'd write more about the young fry.
first off- what a great idea for a story! in RoI, Ken's affection seemed a little rushed and based purely on Rilla's beauty, which I've always thought rather bland compared e.g. with Gilbert's admiration for Anne's... well, everything? this could fill the gap very nicely.
and, oh my word, it felt like reading LMM herself! I loved how in character everyone is- their way of 'talking over, around and through each other', so witty and funny! I loved Nan's preoccupiation with fashion logistics, Ken's city-boy ways, Jerry's protectiveness over Nan (you can easily tell I'm a shipper, right?;-)) and the whole Susan sequence... pure perfection! I always fear writing Susan, because she's such a lovely duck in the books that I'm afraid I won't be doing her justice... you pull it off great, though.
you can really sink into the LMM world reading this, and I'm sure many will be inspired by it, so thank you very much for that! I'll be looking forward to reading more.
2/9/2014 c1 Guest
Great beginning, can't wait to read more. There are simply not enough stories out there on Rilla and Ken.
2/9/2014 c1 13Lilies of Avonlea
Lovely. I like how your Ken acts, and the way Rilla acts.
2/9/2014 c1 18Alinyaalethia
In the first instance, I am flattered you credit me with knowing so much about these children. In the second, I think you have brought them shockingly to life! Susan was spot on and the children -where do I start -they all have such distinctive voices and thought-worlds. It's as well I live on my own here because I've been sitting, reading this over and laughing happily over the vivacity of them all, though I confess I specially like Di. Jem 'making the tea' indeed! I can think of what quite a few people would have to say on that score.
2/8/2014 c1 Bright Promise 2
Wonderful, enchanting beginning to this story. And you are very welcome for the idea of Rilla and Ken...was glad to help :)

Yes, I can see this latest work of yours we previous Anne/Gilbert stories you've published here and that's a good thing. Knowing RRoI as well as I do re plot and characters, I won't spoil it for everyone other than to say I'm sure the adventure you'll take us readers on here will a terrific one.

I thought it was a bit harsh of Jem to say what he did to Walter, but it was good Walter had no hard feelings against his older brother. After all, Jem and Walter's views on, say, war are very different, like their personalities and physical resemblance. Yet they are still very close friends and brothers for all that. (Walter's eyes are grey not blue.)

I loved how you've introduced the Ken/RI'm so pleased you've started this Rilla/Ken fic, a perfectly pleasant surprise to wake up to after a 2-hour nap on this sweltering Sunday afternoon here in Melbourne.

Bring on Chapter 2. And thank YOU :)illa aspect to the story, too...he's infatuated with her here at first sight and that's natural for a boy, I think, when first glimpsing a pretty girl they like.

Looking forward to Chapter 2. I do apologise for the long review...ill be very different from th
156 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11