for Gerda and the Snow Queen

5/3/2019 c66 5WinterSky
Hi Eris-not sure if you'll see this, but to answer your question, I based this off of Hans Christian Andersen's short story "The Snow Queen." I took a few artistic liberties, obviously, but it was derived from the original story and not any particular adaptation.

And also Disney's Frozen, of course.

Hope that helps!
12/3/2018 c66 Eris
Awesome story. I really like the Snow Queen Movies. Which Snow Queen Movie is this? Would be nice if you could write it into the info. Please write more stories like that.
10/27/2015 c66 GingerSK
Oh my god...what do I say? To start with, I read it all at once, so everything just happened. I don't know whether that added or took any of the drama at all. Also (spoiler alert) I loved the idea of mages of different things (I don't know anything about the Snow Queen at all), like Ice and Wildlife, but what I do know is that I really want to see more of Gerda, perhaps when she's a bit older or something like that, just to see how her powers have developed. Great job, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!
7/17/2015 c66 Whyhow
This was very good. The writing was better than average, the characterization seemed plausible, and the two stories blended surprisingly well. I don't completely like your portrayal of magic, but it's not actually less accurate than the way I would think of it.
7/17/2015 c60 Whyhow
That actually makes sense. She seemed somewhat odd in both this and the original, but surely a shard in the eye/head (altering her perception, such as making the threatened reindeer's expressions seem amusing) would make more sense than one in the heart (altering or removing emotions).
7/17/2015 c49 Whyhow
Really? A flying reindeer? Everyone knows that they don't live that far south.
7/16/2015 c47 Whyhow
Elsewhere I had heard that it was 13 years in her room: between the ages of 8 and 21.
7/16/2015 c43 Whyhow
I was under a vague impression that she was hit in the head by a mirror shard. I suppose that a goblin illusion isn't that different.
7/16/2015 c41 Whyhow
It's true that many of the early records of fairy tales are much darker than the modern ones, sometimes for no obvious reason.
7/16/2015 c33 Whyhow
It's only a matter of time before she works it out and finds her (assuming that it is her), since she will try to help the robber girl who knows more of the story.
7/16/2015 c31 Whyhow
Their friendship seemed odd in the original, but it actually makes more sense here.
7/16/2015 c30 Whyhow
The only difference between her and her mother is that Elsa went away to where her powers couldn't hurt anyone when she lost control.
7/16/2015 c18 Whyhow
What is "the light of a new moon"? The new moon reflects no light.
6/14/2015 c66 13SharKohen
This was truly a lovely story. The combination of the two stories, and the illustration of Jo's character was really interesting, and her loss. Greta's just as brave and strong as the story one - yay! - and I really like all the frozen twists.
6/13/2015 c62 SharKohen
The concepts of the mirros are really interesting
102 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »