FanFiction.Net
for Something Hidden

4/10/2018 c11 3Lostinthought319
The Villains Convention was a really fun scene! I enjoyed how professional Lady Redundant Woman and Tobey were, LOL. T.J's appreciation of Tobey is so heartwarming and so are Tobey's kind gestures towards him. I also love how Mr. Big leads the gossip and Two-Brains can call Tobey on a phone made out of cheese. The dragon did sound really awesome and Scoops falling into the dragon made me laugh harder than it should've. It's kind of funny and amazing to see Tobey's change of attitude towards Becky. You've made it believable, though. Those last four lines hit me harder than I thought. I could totally relate to Tobey's thought process, there. It's really easy to connect with this story, so kudos!
4/3/2018 c9 Lostinthought319
I loved this chapter! Usually it takes me a second to read through the villain parts but I loved the Butcher and Granny May in this chapter! It was comedic gold. I've never seen Kid Math, but I enjoyed him and his eagerness. I'm glad Scoops and Violet are in on the secret. Also, I'm ready to see what the rest of the story is like since you don't have to be beholden to canon now. Loved Becky and Tobey's banter at the end and how Miss Davis left the class completely unattended, LOL. Great stuff!
4/1/2018 c8 Lostinthought319
This was a really good chapter. From what I can recall, you nailed Mr. Big's voice and I loved how completely wrong he was at naming what species Huggy is. I was completely invested in Big and Leslie's situation and I loved their resolution. I thought Bob's concern for Becky was really sweet and his realization of Becky's acceptance of Tobey is cool to see unfold. I actually felt bad when Becky's peaceful afternoon got interrupted. Tobey's retort to Becky trying to explain the definition of different was the best. I laughed so hard. Tobey learning Becky's moods is interesting, like when he knew her response to saying he got free ice cream. And Tobey's arrogance about Becky seeing him without his glasses was funny, too. Best of all was Mr. Big interrogating Becky on liking Tobey and his using mind control as SOON as WordGirl leaves was devious and hilarious.
3/18/2018 c7 Lostinthought319
This chapter was awesome. You nailed Two-Brains' voice and I loved his inclusion. Becky and Tobey's "split" was kinda sad, but I love the new playfulness. The bit about the workers fixing the city never occurred to me, but I could see it in my head. The last conversation is awesome and this chapter feels like a huge step in their relationship.
3/18/2018 c8 Nathaniel19851911
it's nice to see wordgirl and co. as 3 dimensional charactars. i see a lot of wordgirl (i have younger siblings), and i ended up liking the show. props mate!
3/11/2018 c5 Lostinthought319
That was amazing. My heart feels ripped out right now. I'd skimmed this story before and liked it but I'm trying to read it in full. But this chapter I feel I have to review. I laughed so hard I choked when Becky and Tobey found out what shipping means. Amy was funny and the ending is phenomenal. It's been a long time since I've watched WordGirl but reading this sparks so many memories. I still can't believe a story this good is for WordGirl (no offense to the show). You handle their emotions delicately and phenomenally and it feels like I'm watching the show. Great job with the words, the Narrator, and the characters' voices. Can't wait to keep reading.
2/26/2018 c18 6Den Scurman
This story...I have to apologize for only just now leaving a review for this excellent story, but I have to say that I'm kinda sad that it's over. I'm glad to see it actually complete, as many great stories here never manage to reach that level, but this story is complete. Well written, really sucked me in, and seeing how you portrayed their relationship throughout was amazing. I wish I could write like this, being able to display such emotion without it feeling forced. My stories are more along the lines of adventure rather than romance, and I have trouble having my characters express their emotions like you have. Anyway, great job on this. You've been promoted from favorite story to favorite author.
2/25/2018 c18 6emeraldblossom34
This story is truly a gem. The space imagery and overall writing style is gorgeous. I'm so glad to have found this story a while ago and now that the ending has come, I feel bittersweet yet satisfied with how the story developed. Thank you for writing this!
2/12/2018 c17 Sam
I have been around since the first chapter of this story, I just had an account then and wouldn't comment as much. But I just want to take a second and personally thank you for this story. This story has meant so much to me. Tobecky was the first ship I ever shipped when I started watching this show in middle school. And you formed literally the most perfect story possible to build their enemy relationship into a loving one. A trusting one. A caring one. Thank you for making Tobecky canon for me.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORED THAT LINE. "The moment we agreed to leave each other alone was the day we realized we didn't want to." HOLY GOD WHAT A LINE. BEAUTIFUL. This final chapter killed me. Omg I loved every second of this! Thank you for sticking with this story; what a perfect way to end this amazing story! 3
2/11/2018 c18 allybkarat
-Whoop-de-do, it's an epilogue. No, I'm totally fine.
-I'm not crying, you're crying.
-"Perhaps it was something hidden all along."
-AHHHH
-You've reduced me to inhuman noises.
2/11/2018 c17 allybkarat
Wow.
Just wow.
It's 1 AM and I am in tears. (I especially broke down when I realized WHERE she was taking Tobey.) Thank you for putting together such a wonderful story. I am sure I will be rereading this time and time again. What a masterpiece.

I can't stop crying omg
2/11/2018 c18 15MLPStevenUniverseLPS
Excellent!
2/11/2018 c18 6Rosezelene Ersa
You know, over time I have fallen in love with your writing. When I first found this story- several years ago might I add- it made me giggle and blush and fangirl because of how well written and how in touch with the characters it is. I'm always so incredibly happy when I see that this story has been updated, and I can say, now that it's come to a close, you've done an amazing job. There's no empty feeling, no sadness that the chapters have ended. Just a warm glow that settles in the stomach and pride for having seen this story come so far. Thank you for being consistent and steadfast despite the troubles of life. I know how it feels for life to get in the way- I've left my stories unfinished and floating on this site for years now- so I sincerely appreciate your efforts. Thanks for giving me such a lovely story to read countless times and fawn over for years to come. I appriciate you 3
2/11/2018 c18 4fromhexagon
(yo this is Julia, changed my username bc my sister got an account. I got her to read this btw and when I got home from college she greeted me with a scream)

WOW okay just. wow. What a perfect ending to such an amazing story. It's just... it's so good, agh, what do I even say?

Going back to ch 16: SO many perfect moments, from Thanksgiving, to Tobey leaving the Villain Association (Granny May alone made me laugh/cry, but the ending really got me), to prom (so adorable what the heck? and it felt so in-character thanks to the character development through this fic, and I absolutely cried at the end of it which I NEVER do with romance seriously every line was so perfect). The timeskip was done really well, with being able to show us the growth in their relationship without turning into a play-by-play of the years. (I'll admit it felt bittersweet though, because like - wait no, this means the fic is ending soon, I'm not ready!) Also, graduation being likened to a guillotine... too real, man.

I screamed a little when I realized that Becky was taking him to her spaceship (gotta break the news dramatically, huh? :P but for real it made so much sense). It really highlighted just how far they've come in terms of trust and understanding between them. The reassurance that he likes her as Becky was so sweet, but also really important and I'm glad you spent time on it.

The epilogue was so bittersweet (re: Lexicon and being the end) but also just plain adorable, loved the callback to how competitive they used to be. Gosh - there were so many callbacks to things I didn't expect (Two-Brains especially, ouch) which were wonderful surprises that made it feel more like a conclusion to everything instead of just the story of their relationship.

Anyway, in conclusion: thank you so much for writing this fic - Tobey and Becky have always meant a lot to me, both as separate characters and as a ship, and you did better than doing them justice. You took us on a wonderful journey with an amazing, realistic redemption arc, but it was so much more than that, too. It really does feel like the end of an era, but in the best way that eras can end.

(P.S.: Good luck with the rest of college, and beyond!)
2/11/2018 c18 75CartoonNerd12
Wow... wow... I can't... there are just no words for this wonderful and beautiful ending. Tobey and Becky's relationship was perfectly paced despite how frustrating it was for them to reach this moment but that's what makes it all worth it. The show should come back on the air with you as a writer especially to make this fanfiction a reality to be the series finale like with Hey Arnold: the Jungle Movie. Good luck with the rest of the college semester and I hope you'll graduate! Bye!
320 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »