for A Secret Chord

5/26/2016 c29 23nightchild78
Oh God! Thomas is in such a mess. My heart is aching for him. There is no way this story is going to end well and I can smell tragedy from a mile away.

I love the little heart to heart between Adam and Mac and how Mac shows respect for Adam's abilities.

Adam's determination and selflessness command respect.
5/26/2016 c28 nightchild78
Adam has the innate intelligence of children. His logic and common sense are desarming.

Whether it is Adam or Stella, they both carry deep wounds from their childhood that they try hard to hide. It's certainly one of the things that makes they so likeable.
5/15/2016 c27 nightchild78
Why am I under the impression that Sam's story is going to even more heartbreaking than Adam's one?

Adam's encounter with Pan the Piper wasn't an easy moment for our favorite tech, but he handled it perfectly. He managed to use his own trauma in order to help the case, it must have been very painful for him. I wouldn't have wanted to be in her shoes at that moment. So many lives were depending on his ability to attract the attention of their vitual suspect.
5/12/2016 c26 nightchild78
The game of chess is a beautiful moment, even though it doesn't end up very well. Little Adam is very smart and "watching" his mind work during the game is pleasure. Thomas is acting as any father should: he is proud to see Adam out smart him.

Adam is so courageous, ready to bravely face his worst fear and trauma in order to help Ruth and the other kids. It makes me want to hug him.

Your depictation of the vitual world is fascinating. Everything seems so real.
5/12/2016 c25 nightchild78
Adam is such an adorable child. How can you even think to hurt a child? His intercation with Thomas is so natural and sweet. The two of them make quite a pair.

I love how you described the two personalities battling into Danny's head. A cop sometimes thinking like a scientist and a scientist sometimes thinking like a cop, depending on the circumstances.

The scene in interrogation was very intense and the interaction between the different characters is perfectly handled.
5/12/2016 c24 nightchild78
The tension during the meeting between Thomas and Charles Ross is so palpable. It gaves me goose bumps. If his mere presence can frighten an adult like Thomas, I can only imagine how terrifying he must look for a small child like Adam.

Poor Agent Darrow. This a hell of a shock for him. He has spent so much time believing the kids more than likely dead. This is certainly the last thing he was expecting.
12/2/2015 c44 17MotherHeninFlorida
Officially choked up and full of story that was bittersweet and completely satisfactory. LOL
12/2/2015 c22 MotherHeninFlorida
This story has pulled me in even more that the first one of yours I read. It's just plain eerie on one hand and yet ... you see a man struggling with his past and then begin to use it. Just ... wow. Pretty powerful stuff. This would have made a fantastic episode when the series was running.
12/2/2015 c4 MotherHeninFlorida
I said I was hooked before but now I am really hooked. The juxtaposition of past and present is much better done and flows better than I've seen done even in commercial books for sale.
12/2/2015 c1 MotherHeninFlorida
Oh crud ... I'm already hooked.
11/18/2015 c23 23nightchild78
I love how you made Thomas and Adam connect through the music. It seems like the best way for them to communicate without words, all consideration about age or situation aside.

I also love how Mac respects Adam as a man and a technician and refuses to yield to pity. As always Danny and his dry wit do wonders to lighten the atmosphere.

The cliffhanger at the end is purely devilish ;D
11/4/2015 c22 nightchild78
I listened to Peter and the Wolf at school when I was about 7 years old and it remains a beautiful memory. I can only imagine how heavenly it must have been for Adam to listen to it with Thomas.
I love the unspoken exchange between Darrow and Adam, but I was completely enthralled by the brilliant dialogue you wrote between Adam and Mac (even if Mac was more talkative than Adam ;D).
11/2/2015 c21 nightchild78
I love Thomas' resolve to help Adam whatever it takes. And Mister Boo... I suddenly realized that it reminds me of my daughter's favorite fluff. She brings it everywhere with her, holding it by the tail or the neck and spends hours telling it her little secret. Really your characterization of Young Adam is perfect.
I guess it won't be long before Mac finds out that Adam has a lot in common with their little victims.
11/1/2015 c20 nightchild78
Poor little Adam, he is so confused and terrified. His father has really messed with his mind.
"A day without pain." In itself this sentence summarizes all the horror of a battered child's life.
Child abuse is a very sensitive subject, but you treat it very tactfully.
10/30/2015 c19 nightchild78
Thanks Google Earth... and to you. I really enjoyed this chase through Central Park.

I truly understand Thomas' distress. He is torn between his will to help and the fear that people might misunderstand his actions.
419 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »