for Free the Future

3/5/2015 c1 4Kami2015
Wow that was a chilling story. Seeing that particular future is certainly interesting to say the least.
I love how you captured Trunk's natural frustration. A lot of people like to forget that the hybrid saiyans are still saiyans. I have no trouble believing that Trunks wanted to avenge his pride and his friend's death.
The ending is ominous to say the least. We know that this is the Trunks that failed and that makes it haunting.
Really enjoyed this!
4/28/2014 c1 5Chem-Death
Heh, good luck, Trunks. This battle isn't one of those where you could walk away from. It's life or death.
Somehow, I don't see him winning against this monster.
2/23/2014 c1 4smashbangfusion
This is a pretty fascinating take on what Trunks' world would be like without the time machine. I can understand his disappointment and frustration. His entire struggle didn't end with a big bang, but with a pathetic whimper. And then there's the appearance of Cell in his imperfect stage. I'm just literally thinking, "Oh God, Oh God, this will not end well."

That is, of course, considering Trunks never ascended to the "Souped Up" Super Saiyan stages. He couldn't be a match for this first form Cell since he didn't. Ah, well. Who knows; maybe Cell didn't absorb so much bio-Energy that Trunks would prove to be a decent match. Anyway, great one-shot. Adding this to my favorites.
2/18/2014 c1 2Ryu no Ohi
Another great short story! I must say, I enjoy your writing style; it's fresh & different, concentrating on just one character's inner thoughts & reflections. There are some issues with wording, grammar, & mixing up homophones ('due' & 'do'), but nothing a dedicated editor couldn't tweak for you. This story in particular is great because it ends with uncertainty; we don't know how this Trunks' encounter with Cell turned out. I'm willing to bet that this is the universe, or one of the universes, where Cell kills Trunks & hijacks the time machine, only in this case, the time machine doesn't exist due to another change in the timeline. I also like how you humanized the androids, managing to do so in very brief, but powerful sentences describing 17's erratic, impatient behavior as he wore down, & 18's look of fear when she intercepted Trunks carrying those circuit boards - she probably thought they were building a device to deactivate them. All in all, a great, emotional POV story.
2/17/2014 c1 7Dragon1157
If this is more than just a one-shot, I look forward to seeing what Trunks is going to battle against (I know who it'll probably be though.) This story has an interesting premise to go by, and I look forward to hopefully reading more.
2/17/2014 c1 11Super Vegetarott
Hello there, Perfect Carnage!

I must say that I really enjoyed reading this inner monologue of Trunks. His character is easily one of the most interesting in the Dragon Ball franchise, and putting a spin on the world he grew up in only serves to heighten the tension. Your grammar and formatting of this story was excellent, so props to you there - it's rare to find someone who can correctly use the semi-colon!

There are a few burning questions I have about this universe:

- If not Cell, who could've possibly quelled the androids' rampage? It seems terribly unrealistic that it could've been Cell to begin with due to his absorbing of humans and sneaking around... but at the same time, him and Trunks are the only notable warriors of this time.

- If Cell is indeed in his perfect stage, why would he be sneaking around like this? Surely his personality would've been altered into its more... shall I say "regal" and "arrogant' mannerisms.

In any case, this was an extremely engaging read, and I hope to potentially see more from you as time passes!
2/16/2014 c1 dbz lover 9005
I loved it
2/16/2014 c1 dbz lover
I loved it I love goku to 17 and 18 are going to pay!
2/16/2014 c1 Guest
AWESOME!
2/16/2014 c1 Greendragonsheart
WOW! Great job! I really wish you would continue this...
2/16/2014 c1 90KaibaGirl17
Wow. There's only one way to describe what I thought of this story, I didn't like it. I loved it! You write very well. I'm almost never impressed but you got me hooked. I hope you update on this story. I look forward to seeing any future stories from you. Job very well done, Perfect Carnage, job very well done.
2/16/2014 c1 25daughterofrisingsun
VERY nice work ! Great job illustrating the point of view from Trunks's perspective.