for A Shot in the Dark

12/8/2015 c29 Guest
AND GROVER OF COURSE! WTF!WTF! ANNABETH!AARGH!
4/23/2015 c28 1Clove'sAllies
This chapter was a bit of ehh for me. I liked the format for the first off, starting with the three tributes meeting each other and each POV. What I wish you had done was kept in someones POV and not gone to a third person, it was a bit jarring and out of place seeing as the entire story is written in first person. Other than that I thought the battle was pretty realistic, I'm a bit surprised that Willa and Surtr didn't team up to kill Slate and then fight between each other. But it'll be interesting to see how Slate lives as victor and I'm excited for Obits!
4/23/2015 c27 Clove'sAllies
Wow, what a huge chapter. I'm a bit surprised that that many people died in one chapter but I think you handled each death well. As for the three that are left I really hope that Slate doesn't win. He may have grown on me a bit in the last two chapters but the careers this year were...well boring. Like I think the non-careers were more interesting the whole games, maybe because Serafina died so early and she was my favorite career. As for each death, I feel bad for Brucite and wish he had overpowered them, it should have been so easy! As for Constance and Percy, I don't feel that bad. Same with Arthur. But Lux...she was my favorite that was left and it sucks that she died. What i think is really interesting is that Surtr mocked her when he left her to die, I thought their relationship was the most genuine and either I was wrong or Surtr has hit a turning point. Well time to go finish and damn I'm excited.
4/23/2015 c26 Clove'sAllies
Ouch, poor Nessa, I liked her in these games and it's a shame that her grief is what killed her. She could have made it farther if only she could master her emotions, but I guess not. Percy's aim is pretty bad though. I can't wait to see the time that it causes him to get hurt or one of his allies. It's becoming more obvious though that Slate is the ideal career of the three boys and thus, he has the best chance of winning. Well Precy's aim almost cost him an ally but not quite, it's not surprising that Jinx died attacking the careers but still sad. I liked the Surtr part a lot as his and Lux's relationship has become my favorite in these games. Good chapter, well done on the Lux and Surtr part, it was my favorite.
4/22/2015 c25 Clove'sAllies
I'm surprised Willa hesitated, I figured her meeting those tributes would mean two kills for her and two deaths. Can't say I'll miss Francis, he wasn't really a favorite, I did like Coral though a bit and will miss her now that she's gone. I hope the chapters slow down a bit thought. I'm looking forward to more though!
4/22/2015 c24 Clove'sAllies
I've had some time on fanfiction and finally have the time so I'm back to reviewing your stories! This was unfortunately the chapter where I stopped.

Can't say I'm not too upset that Nubu is gone, he wasn't a favorite of mine by any means and he is a weak boy. I want to see what this does to Jinx, I'm hoping for a few kills but we'll see. As for Coral this injury pretty much means her death. Speaking of the careers poor Brucite his alliance hates him because Serafina basically had a personality switch. I'd have to say my favorite POVs in this chapter would have been Jinx and Surtr and my least favorite would be Brucite because Slate is a pretty big asshole.
3/25/2015 c29 10Lya200
Now I am wondering if Juliet was a corrupt president. Wait, maybe she poisoned Snow... I guess that this is the place to say it: RIP everyone but Slate.
3/21/2015 c29 Guest
Noooo, Array D:

Great job wrapping it up, I'll try getting a full review soon.
1/19/2015 c28 1Mindnight Ink
Oh boy, here we go.

Willa-I like how even though the odds are against her, she's still determined (crossing her arms, gritting her teeth). This is going to be a fight to remember.
Slate-Arg, it makes me sad every time he mentions his kid. Makes me hope he wins.
Surtr-I like how he's not giving up, even though he more or less has the smallest chance of victory.
End-Nice ending. Glad Slate won, although I am sad that it's all over now.
2) More or less what I predicted. Glad Slate won. :)
3) Hmm... well my thoughts kept changing through out the story, it kinda depended on what was going on that chapter.
4) Yes.
5) Amazing story! Can't wait for Teen Idol. :)
1/19/2015 c28 10Lya200
1) I like how all three of them came to the realization that it was the end.
2) the placements seem realistic, and to be honest I like that it was a career victor
3) Don't ask me that since that answer kept changing for each chapter
4) yep
This is so awesome and I cannot wait
1/18/2015 c2 emecdote
1. For me, the description of the District 3 Female is most prominent, the character sounds like she has great potential to win. Being from District 3, i'm assuming she may have the same strategy as Johanna Mason; appearing weak to tributes and then coming out fighting during the later half of the games.
2. District 3 female, District 11 female, District 1 female, District 6 male, District 9 female
3. District 11 male, District 5 female, District 2 female
1/18/2015 c28 magikmajic
I'll try to review properly later but for now, nope nope nope nope nope. I am wowed by this honestly. Its not surprising that Slate won: he was a winner, through and through. wow, seriously
1/18/2015 c28 11BamItsTyler
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

YAY! My first ever victor! :3

Opinion on each POV: You captured the general feeling of the final three very well . . . the adrenaline, the short, labored breaths . . . Even I held my breath during the last segment, not knowing if you would pull a spinneroonie or w.e.

The placements were shocking Surtr and Willa wise, I'm surprised Willa went down so quick.

Errrrrrrrrm, personally I thought constance was going to be victor, then that girl from Six, the murderous one... I didn't have a solid thought, other than Constance.

HELLS YUSH I'm happy!

Congrats on finishing your 2nd SYOT! I DEMAND TEEN IDLE BE OUT! And once you update the prologue, I'm going to freak out :(.

. . . Cuz I've been anticipating that shit for the lonnnngest time. I'll be desparately waiting for the chapters after this! . . . I wonder what F/C you'll use for older slate... ANYWAYS UPDATE ASAP!
1/18/2015 c28 9david12341
1) Loved all of them, they were short and to the point, as a finale chapter should be. Sad to see Sutyr dead, but after that Lux betrayal the blow has been softened.
2) Slate winning was expected, but it was the right choice, he had the skill to win, and he had a kid back home, he deserved to win.
3) I thought both Lux and Alistair could do it, along with Percy and Brucite, but Slate seemed like the favorite, yet, the favorite winning in an SYOT is quite rare.
4) Ya, I'm content. Still wish it was Lux, but hes my second choice, so I'm pretty happy.
5) It was a long ride, and I'd just like to say congrats. Finishing an SYOT is tough, and you did it without even taking a hiatus. Thanks for writing a great story :)
1/6/2015 c27 SpaceAgeDino
Percy - Brucite finally snapped, thus completely fracturing the remants of their alliance. Definitely a tense moment. Brucite's final words were saddening. The games never went the way he expected.

Willa - Outlier alliance FTW! Stumbling across and unprepared Constance was a god-send. It would have been very bloody otherwise. While underdogs can and do win, extreme underdogs seldom do. Constance dying is a surprise - I expected her to be victor - brought on by arrogance and complacency.

Lux - She definitely trying her hand at manipulation. Surtr killed Percy? That's an unexpected reversal of how I imagined that playing out. No, not Lux too! Poor girl. And Surtr's fleeing words - what a snarky imp.

Arthur - And so passes the innocent lover of fun and embodiment of playful ignorance. I pity him for having to go through thhe games.

Questions:

1 & 2) Done.

3) I completely expected Slate and Willa to be in the top three, but Surtr is a shocker.

4) Impressive and exciting.

5) From 3rd to 1st, I predict Surtr - Willa - Slate. Surtr is the weakest and Willa while capable of pulling off a curve ball isn't as interesting as Slate from a story-telling perspective. As for Slate he has the motivation and strength to win.
305 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »