for Every Second of the Day

10/18/2015 c1 Guest
Sweet
8/21/2014 c1 27mymanisfictional
Gahh, this was so sweet. I really loved understanding Arthur's reasons for his actions, but at the same time viewing them through the eyes of Maddie. I liked getting both the perspectives at once and of course, the "mean and hateful lady from the park" made my heart clench, but I love how you wrote both men's reactions to it. They were different, but still realistic.
8/3/2014 c1 26Fi Suki Saki
No! write sequel! please do sequel!

it felt like it wasn't enough!

Maddie still doesn't know Arthur's love to Alfred!
not the way we Reader (and probably Matthew) know what he did and does to Alfred is the way he show his love and cares...!

If I'm in Maddie's position, I would probably still doubting as well...!

Anyway, this fic is Great!

It was Understandable how Arthur felt awkward toward Maddie, though I'm sure he the type who goes by Nature of knowing to raise kid when the time come.

Like Canon goes more or less...
7/3/2014 c1 1AznDumplings
Cute
5/18/2014 c1 Guest
SO CUTE PLEASE I DEMAND THE WEDDING
5/14/2014 c1 MikazukiRyu
I almost want a second chapter about how Maddie gets to understand Arthur better and the two of them grow closer as friends and he sees he is actually good with kids. You did a very good job with your characters though I really wanted to punch that one lady, sadly that's a truth some people have to deal with. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful story.
3/23/2014 c1 14Katherine A. Jones
Except for that one scene with that ignorant woman, this story was adorable. I would love to see a follow-up when Maddie is a little older and Alfred and Arthur are either already married or about to get married. Good job!
3/4/2014 c1 9Sora Resi
This was so sweet and fluffy that I think I may need more fillings :3
3/3/2014 c1 alguien22792
Awwww I like this :D
3/2/2014 c1 15Canada Cowboy
This reminds me of a different Hetalia fic where the countries were humans and they adopted a baby. The countries in that fic were Romania and Bulgaria, and the baby's name was Anton. Have you read other fics using that theme?

Anyway, the notion of not showing love in the open, explicit way is quite intriguing. We know Arthur is not the type to openly display affection, and has trouble admitting his love for Alfred. Now to do that in front of a child will obviously be difficult, in that Maddie will expect more open affection. A lack of such will automatically make Maddie believe Arthur dislikes Alfred. It's great how you used the uneasiness Maddie has around Arthur to show that theme, so very well done.

Another thing I like is how the family relations played out. Like the Romania/Bulgaria fic, our couple comes into an anti-gay situation where they end up proclaiming their sexuality more fervently than before. I'm not sure what family Maddie comes from, as we never found out who her mother is. Did Matt adopt her or did Matt marry a woman? The only female love interest for Matt I can think of, based on Hetalia and historical links and excluding Nyotalia, is Katyusha (Ukraine). Either way, it may be interesting to dig into Maddie's head and see what she thinks about homosexuality.

One thing I think can be improved on is the choppiness. Sometimes your POV's and idea flow changes, to the point where it's hard to pick out from whose POV you're speaking from. It would be intriguing to have this whole story told from Maddie's POV, or even make Maddie the narrator. With society norms changing, and the traditional heterosexual family no longer as dominant, it'll be fun to explore how Maddie views Alfred and Arthur being in a homosexual relationship, assuming she's not in a homosexual family herself.

That's all I got for this fic. I do hope you keep writing and post more stuff for us to see. Best of luck for the next story, and please stay in touch.

PS: did you get a chance to see my last email? Can you give me your opinion on that issue I raised?
3/2/2014 c1 73vulpixfairy
I can already see the hints of love and care in Arthur :) he says in so many ways and I love your story and the message it brings that loves comes in many forms.
3/2/2014 c1 7Amy Kitty Katz
Aww! This was adorable!
3/2/2014 c1 toastyjam
Mm, I liked this; very much a nice, light and mellow read.
3/2/2014 c1 TARIGARMA12
Oh what a cutte story! Perfect for my day start, now i will be a little bit more happy :). I love your writing it really takes me into the story it was so good seeing ur new update. I hope i have the chance to read another one of ur stories soon. Loves!
3/2/2014 c1 Guest
Very cute! This was rather perfect in how it portrayed the events through Maddie's eyes (a young child who has yet to learn to pick up on things that are not blatant) and Arthur's (the actual reality that only a lover/close friend, or family member would know). I would love to see a piece in where Arthur and Alfred are forced to babysit Peter and maybe one where Alfred finally proposes...or even better. Arthur gets sick of waiting for Alfred to propose so he does it. Maybe a few days or a bit sooner before Alfred planned to do it himself. I have really enjoyed your writing and look forward to reading more from you. :)