for Tenebrae

9/21/2019 c3 dreamerlai
this is devastating but oh, so, very good
4/1/2014 c3 5b11rthdaycake
Intense, capturing the undescribable with a sinistre precision.
And then, in the last phrase, hope is anounced in spite of all the odds. Hope with a bitter taste...

Thanks for this piece of emotion.
3/7/2014 c3 YoreReader
I am an open wound.
3/7/2014 c2 YoreReader
There are no words to convey how I'm feeling. I am beyond devastated.
3/7/2014 c1 YoreReader
My goodness! I was trying to find lighthearted fare and I find this. I think I'm in shock.
3/7/2014 c1 LUVIDINA
Darn...I meant "new"!
3/7/2014 c3 Guest
Cherith,

Ok...first off, I didn't know what the title meant so I looked it up..."latin for shadows, darkness". {I learn something knew every day :) } So, I immediately feared the worst.

And I can tell you that it was the most gut-wrenching, painful, agonizing thing I've read in a while! Auggie, NOOOOOOO not Auggie! But by the same token, it was soooo powerful, your description of how Annie felt, the PAIN she was going through, OMG! it was like poetry. AND you leave us with the "Him, He, Hers, Auggie...And now , theirs"! :''((

YOU HAVE THOROUGHLY LEFT ME BROKEN! I had to take a few days to be able to post a review. And, you say you're a novice?, a beginner? Pleaseeeee... I can see best-sellers in your future!

Awesome job! What's next? Please be gentle with me, i'm in shambles... ;)

LUVIDINA
3/7/2014 c2 LUVIDINA
and again, i forget to login...but thankfully I had signed it. :)
3/6/2014 c3 InvisibleMAC
I seriously cried. I dont know how you do this Cherith, I guess it is just your talet, gifting, destiny, whatever but communicating through written word like this is just powerful. I am floored. SO much angst and SO many feels. Geez. Let me try to catch by breath now ha!
3/6/2014 c3 7Andrejia
Holy...wow. I love angst, because it makes emotions run deep and I love when angst is written so perfect, so descriptive. This story, the story of a man murdered to protect his lover & child, could've been a cliche. What a huge difference talent can make!

Awesome! Do more :)
3/6/2014 c3 sandysea17
OMG not Auggie. :'((
It's so sad he has finally found a lover who loves him for who he is, and starting his own family happily with Annie and there jobs at the CIA left behind them to start a real life to have a basted kill him for no reason at all; that was the biggest and sanded shock out of the hole story.

Again you have written an wonderful story with that talent of yours where as you read it you can see everything in your mind.
I could see Auggie throwing himself in front of Annie with his Amy training kicking in, I bet he heard the gun with his great hearing.

It was so dark and sad to read how Auggie give his life for Annie (his lover) and unborn child.
Yet at the same time he was now free from being blind from which he hated!

Please post another story soon.
I love reading your writing! :-)

P.S. But please don't kill Auggie off next time.
3/5/2014 c3 5Finlaure13
The first time I dove into your latest this morning before work, I was mad. How dare you! I decided to put it away until now, and because I totally trust you, I started it again. It is beautiful! Achingly beautiful. I felt like an open wound, like Annie's anguish was palpable. And, just so you'll know, by the time I reached Chapter Three, I couldn't see the screen anymore because I was welled up with tears. So, that's some powerful writing, you angered me and then devastated me, and then made me cry. Thanks?
Yes, indeed.
F.
3/5/2014 c3 37Marie King
Wow this was once a wonderfully painful yet eloquent story from you!
I totally felt Annie's grief so palpably well done!
Please keep writing & posting stories on here but I would appreciate it greatly if you're next Covert Affairs story was more upbeat :)
3/5/2014 c3 An Walkerson
Why Auggie? :'( You wanted to make us cry, right? 'cause that's the only explanation. :'(
And you wrote it in a way that, for me, it seemed like a poetry in prose. I don't like the idea of a dead Auggie, but I loved to read it.
3/5/2014 c3 AllTheWayMay
Okay. Deep breaths here. That was guttural. Painful. Visceral. I'm blown away by your ability to transport me directly to the scene. Even knowing what was coming. I, like Annie, was pushing back against what was inevitable.

I actually had to skip over some sections and then come back and read them later. It was THAT transformative. I, too, know what it's like to wish you could rewind time, just 2 minutes. Just go back-just undo what was done and everything would be different. It's the strangest feeling...for a few seconds, you actually think it's possible-that there's some higher authority, like a cop or a priest or anyone that can just back up time because what has happened is such an abomination to the natural order. When good is wiped out by bad-it's like the scales have tipped and you need someone-anyone-to set it right.

Brilliant, as always.