for Not with Haste

3/17/2014 c1 Juicyjools
Well, for once I am reading a realistic story about Mary and her feelings on her new suitors. This Mary's feeling should be in the show for all I could see was Mary's new awakening without any mention of how Matthew (except the short bit when Tony proposed)still lingered with her.
You know Mary so well as if you are in her skin and that is why your stories are more better researched and more in depth on her feelings.
I am bored with reading all those sexual fluff with Mary and Charles/Tony as if Matthew never existed as her first great love and I am so glad you use " second choice, second life" and I love how you brought in Mary's guilt/ uncertainty in her life now because that was realistic too.
If this is your quick fic, then you are a much better writer than you give yourself credit because this fic is so good and well thought out.
Love your writing and stories so more please when you can.
3/16/2014 c1 21ultimategingepond
Very lovely. You have a way with words that tugs at the heart. I enjoyed how you captured the sandess Mary still feels but how she really does want happiness again one day. I believe Tony is a good guy and you display that eloquently as well.
3/16/2014 c1 rg from twitter
When I saw Sam's rec, I had to read this, and I'm so glad I did. There's a peacefulness to this fic, similar to what I saw onscreen in Mary's early scenes with Tony. The line about how Charles is alight, while Tony is darker is really a perfect description of them. Mary's scenes with Tony have always been quiet, and you capture that here - in a way that I think is befitting of a second love. I love the tinge of sadness - setting it after summer makes so much sense. You make a great argument for Tony here - one I think the show supports. Really beautifully written. Thank you for sharing! I hope you'll write more for this pairing.
3/15/2014 c1 maryclare1018
Love it! You didn't have Mary go overboard in one ship direction and you still left room for her grief...you kept it very true to Mary's struggles post S4 - she's just not sure yet and Matthew will always be with her. I thought they were going to kiss at the end, but I liked the sort of fade-to-black vibe at the end. Do continue (if that's what you had it mind)
3/15/2014 c1 salzburg
Excellent-please keep it up. You convey Mary's mindset so well and in my opinion you are an excellent writer! Thank you.