FanFiction.Net
for Raven's Intervention

10/18/2016 c1 RPGPersona
It is always interesting to see an author's take of things that were glossed over in the show, like Beast Boy recovering from the loss of Terra.

Feels like a straw that broke the camel's back. Seeing Terra sacrifice herself and being unable to save her just brought all the unpleasant memories Beast Boy has to the surface, along with the crushing negative emotions associated with them.

It appears Raven has had enough of Beast Boy getting eaten from the inside out from his emotions. She even sang a lullaby from a story she read to get some reaction out of him.

You did a good job showing the anguish both Beast Boy and Raven were feeling. Beast Boy being chained down from his past, and Raven seeing someone she cares about destroying themselves, while feeling the crushing emotional burden they bear, and being frustrated about not being able to help.

Seeing they emotion argument eventually lead into some more familiar banter territory was nice to see. It showed that Beast Boy was taking the first steps to getting back on his feet. he is far from healed, but it feels like progress has been made, even if it was just a little. I think it was cute that Raven made an excuse about showing up to help him.
8/23/2015 c1 Lilybud
A bit out of character, but overall great idea, great emotion, and best of all GREAT MESSAGE! The story (and poem/song) seemed like something straight of mythology, and I liked how the end was up for interpretation.
12/13/2014 c1 Twilight2022
This is very sweet. :)
8/3/2014 c1 40Concolor44
Well. That was ... intense. Very good character studies, especially on Raven's part. Amazing, really. And you say this refers to a longer work? I'm going to have to check out your stuff.
4/12/2014 c1 9ssjEasterBunny
So yeah, Raven singing was definitely a first for me, and it could potentially have been very out-of-character. But as a author, sometimes your mind presents you with a very cool or moving scene and you just have to write it, even if it stretches the characters quite a bit. My "Martian Abandon" story was the same way. The image of Raven and Gar in a gusty, eerie Martian landscape totally washed over me, and I just had to make it work.

You pulled off your scene fairly well. Unlike my situation, your risky moment was in the middle of your story, so you didn't have as much room to set it up and were responsible for a lot more follow-through. This was successful almost immediately after Raven's song was finished, because you followed quickly with an explanation of the song's meaning, and that explanation qualified it as something that would interest Raven. The backstory brought Raven's song back into the realm of plausibility (although still off-center) for her character.

The other device I liked was the way Raven was stroking Garfield's hair throughout the story. This was also something that most versions of Raven would not do. That said, I'm a big fan of using physical interaction to convey what dialog can't or shouldn't. It creates an intimacy that the reader can feel a of part of. And honestly, I'm still sure that the intimacy justifies having Raven be the one to do this, since she's usually a 'give me my space' kind of person. But at the same time, she struggles with verbal communication and (as I did in my story) it does make sense to have her communicate by other means, instead.
4/3/2014 c1 3daniiibabiii
Love this ! You sould add to it (:
4/3/2014 c1 Guest
Love it! Do more like this!
4/3/2014 c1 13A-LionGleek
This was so powerful, touching, and emotionally profound :'). I love this story. BB is so selfless insisting to spare Raven from suffering with his guilt over his inability to save Terra or his parents (which I really think you did a good job of hinting at without giving it away ;)). And I think that Beast boy's end reaction to not being entirely ok, but at least surviving is a perfect way to let it be. Sometimes, that really is all that's needed. Finally, I agree with both previous reviewers who say that you ought to write a companion oneshot occurring after the Spellbound events in which BB remembers what Rae did for him after noticing how she's sinking into a depression similar to his from this oneshot after her experience with Malchior and returning the favor. I truly believe you should. I can see you doing that kind of thing with great ease, not to mention possibly writing other similar oneshots in regard to their sharing the same experience with having an inner monster inside of them. Sorry if this overloads you, but I just really think you should try out these ideas, and love this oneshot :)
3/31/2014 c1 9Whisper184
This is very emotionally insightful and inspiring. I love it, especially when BB thought to himself about not being okay but still surviving. Sometimes that's all we can do. It was realistic to the situation at the time.

However, I agree with a previous reviewer; I would love for this to continue with Beast Boy comforting Raven after Spellbound. Either way, whether you do so or not, this is an amazing one-shot. Fantastic job! :)
3/29/2014 c1 15Soulfulbard
Nicely done! There's not a lot more I can say about it, it's just really well executed. The fact that all the problems aren't magically solved, but things are still better was very satisfying.
3/28/2014 c1 Guest
...I LOVE ME SOME FUZZIES TOO! D this was great!
3/28/2014 c1 10JasonVUK
wow that was a powerful story 8O so emotional!
3/28/2014 c1 18The Brod Road
Very well done. I like this. Very well written and I like how much Raven wanted to help him.

Is there any chance that you could make a second chapter or a sequel one-shot where, after the Malchior Incident, BB notices her severe depression (after the "you think you're alone, but you're not" ending), remembers what she did for him, and decides to return the favor to prove his "not alone" point, no matter how much she tries to shut him out?

After all, BB/Rae stories that cover this are like two sides of the same coin: BB was screwed over by Terra, Raven was punk'd by Malchior. Can't have just one side of a coin, after all.
3/28/2014 c1 10Yuri Hannah
I'm emotionally exhausted. This actually made me teared up, especially the part where Raven begs him to let her help him! This was so beautiful!
3/28/2014 c1 28PSI-Triforce
I give this story a heartwarming friendship out of 10.
17 Page 1 2 Next »