for The Age of Innocence

4/1/2014 c1 judyl1
Lovely little glimpse of Mary, Matthew, and George in the future. I can just see Edith following Mary and expecting the worst. I loved the picture of Mary sneaking off to Ripon to meet Matthew and have picnic in the middle of the day.
3/30/2014 c1 Palindrome310
Fun take on MM fluff. I like this Edith, determined and journalist but still clueless. I was thinking it was obvious Matthew worked in Ripon. Oh, Edith!
3/30/2014 c1 Guest
Refreshing, delightful, unique. Thanks so much for the pleasure of this story!
3/30/2014 c1 didyouhaveagoodtime
Hahahaha, so very nice! I loved the Edith point of view :)
3/29/2014 c1 11lilyrowan1
I really loved reading about this from Edith's point of view-you really captured her voice! And so clever. And love thinking of Mary and Matthew meeting for a picnic lunch in a public park. Here's to fluffy Mary and Matthew!
3/29/2014 c1 golden12
Loved this...love the Edith Wharton book as well.
3/29/2014 c1 eyeon
Well I think EVERY day should be Mary and Matthew celebration day! So why was Mary doing this? Just to goad Edith?
3/29/2014 c1 Hillevi
Lovely! Thank you.
3/29/2014 c1 31Apollo888
Poor Edith. At least she was able to see for herself what the true Mary was all about. So lovely to see Mary pulling off such a delightful scheme for her family, and that Matthew was the happy beneficiary. This captures exactly the change in Mary from her marriage. She is softer and different, still has her edge but is not afraid to love and be loved. Beautiful!
3/29/2014 c1 Guest
A beautiful, beautiful story! Thank you!
3/29/2014 c1 Audrey C
Really lovely story. Enjoyed the Edith point of view. And the fact that Matthew is alive here! Well done!
3/29/2014 c1 13theMatthewReview
Awwwwww... isn't this just darling? So mild, so sweet a dalliance. "I'm sneaking off to be with my lover..." :) and it's Matthew. Never was 'in character' so clever.