for If I Loved You

4/25/2014 c1 celeste92
Beautiful and just perfect.
4/15/2014 c1 60Sigma Creations
Lovely piece of writing and I think you've managed to capture Ruth's voice perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
4/12/2014 c1 186r4ven3
This has the potential for being the best thing you have written so far. (And now that I've set you up like that ... sorry, but I mean what I say ...) To write in first person/diary is difficult enough, but you are writing as one of the most loved characters in Spooks, and I feel you've nailed her voice. You've nailed her thoughts and feelings, and her *reasons* also. I like the way she refers to Harry as He/Him, almost as though he is a deity. I look forward to the rest of this.

Oh, and I forgot to mention ... I don't think anyone else has had this idea in HR FF to date, so congrats for giving this a crack.
4/12/2014 c1 12Sparky75
No idea about the song but I did really enjoy this! A nice look at Ruth and why she got caught up with George. If you're ever inclined to do a follow-up of what the results of Ruths email are I'm sure that would also be a great read :-)
4/12/2014 c1 26SarahSwan7
This is lovely - so sad, but lovely. A really great development on the story that I wish could have been explored more on-screen. Thanks for posting!
4/12/2014 c1 Deleted Account 91
Really lovely. I love Ruth's thoughts here, they make sense, and it would have been a good (for Harry and Ruth) way for their relationship to end.
LBx
4/12/2014 c1 85theoofoof
Interesting reflections on Ruth's feelings - I never did understand the whole George thing... but I suppose if you've lost the life you know you try and make the most of the new one you are given.

I like this explanation you've provided - and I think to an extent it could fit with canon (apart from the ending the relationship bit). She was scared for him and Nico when Mani had them because she cared for them and then when George died, it wasn't so much grieving for some great love that kept her from Harry but the guilt she felt at bringing him into her life and therefore 'causing' his death. I hope that makes sense (it does in my head anyway)
4/12/2014 c1 7Batteredpen
So very moving, and gives a good reason for her moving in with George but not being willing to take the final step to commit. The first paragraph of course explains it all - even in exile she's still using her spook skills. Try as she might she's never really left the Grid.
4/12/2014 c1 rosetintedblindspot
I love how Ruth never writes Harry's name but HIM instead, everything is said. Wonderful and sad but so well done, thanks!
4/12/2014 c1 147HR always live on
Oh, poor Ruth. I feel so sorry for her, but it's good she's come to this realisation. Great fic idea and thanks for sharing.