for The Collective

5/16/2020 c1 1sianita95
Quarantine has me reading through every page of Castle fanfic. I've been trying to rectify my "lurking" habits and resolve to review in 2020! I had never read this one before mostly bc even though they were good episodes, I tend to avoid the topic of Alexis in fic - but this was a good one. Thanks for writing, great job!
8/25/2016 c1 beauty-passion-fierceintellect
Well…" Rick drifts off, seeming to contemplate his answer. "I think she thinks it's that. But mostly it's because of me. I fell in love hard, Kate, and how does that compete with—I mean, I love my daughter, very much, but I'm in love with you in a very consuming way; and I'm still trying to find the balance to it all … trying to find a way to love you both equally."

That's a great paragraph. Not having kids myself, I've always wondered if, when you have the kind of rare love that Castle and Beckett have, if it's possible to love that person more than your child.
8/6/2015 c1 MeltedRos3
you should continue this.
11/3/2014 c1 Kaitlyn0415
And the frickin tree branches are back. But it's so perfect, I forgive you.
9/8/2014 c1 13coldcoffeestains
Loved reading that! :)
6/16/2014 c1 Girl Wonder 2005
So perfect.
This is one of the many conversations that I believe they should have had but the format doesn't allow much time for and had to be done in narrative circumstance and looks and smiles. Once again feeling thankful that there's people like you and all those amazing writers writing in this fandom.
You've settled into the castle rhythms so nicely and I had no problems whatsoever seeing this happen.
Have I mentioned that Castle and Beckett don't talk nearly enough to my liking on the show? I'm sure I've mentioned that once or twice.
This was just such a wonderful conversation. It's exactly the kind of way that I wished the writers had explained around why Castle did what he did. Its also exactly the kind of bump that you'd expect a couple to go through at the early stages and I really would have loved to see them talk about exactly these kinds of things. How precious would it have been to see the two of them sprawled all over the floor with pillows and stuff with Alexis doing the 'holy gosh I was dreaming marijuana and now I'm high' face at 6 in the morning?
4/18/2014 c1 45MelodiousVengeance
This was just absolute perfection!
I'd honestly love to see the morning scene for this. Such a great story deserves a sequel!
4/15/2014 c1 1conservativegirl
This has got to be on of my favorite post-eps written for these! I want more! How does she react? Can they have more heart to hearts? Kate/Alexis heart to hearts? Truly phenomenal story:D I love the complexity of emotions and depth
4/14/2014 c1 24GeekMom
Excellent character exploration of Kate's insecurities. I like that you have Castle reassuring her and very much in charge. Kate needs to let Castle be the dude once in a while. Nice job!
4/13/2014 c1 diana teo
Do you realize that fans are hardly ever satisfied with ANY show's developements? Makes you wonder why the writers write what they write. Could it be that they want to avoid writing themselves into a corner? Or something...
Anyhoo, you always do a great job at dissecting characters, always keeping it real. :)
4/13/2014 c1 someheartslove
I think this is the best target/hunt post episode I've read. I law how it's raw and full of emotions and how Kate is honest after he pushes her. I usually pick sides with them. But you wrote this in a way that I just can't and I don't want to. Excellent points and range of emotions on both sides.
Loved this really really much!. And... Sorry about the fish! Ouch.
4/13/2014 c1 Guest
I thought Castle treated Kate horribly in those episodes. Just because his daughter was kidnapped is no excuse for the way he behaved, and certainly gives one some insight as to why Gina left him. Those could have been great episodes if Castle and Kate had saved Alexis together, with or without the help of his father. What a shame!

Enjoyed your story. I especially liked the visual of Kate alone and asleep on the stairs, while Castle sat upstairs oblivious, as if Kate didn't matter or even exist. That was a good visual of those 2 episodes for me. I don't watch Castle anymore. Target/Hunt were the beginning of the end of my obsession with the show. Thanks for writing a better ending.
4/13/2014 c1 lb
great job going through their emotions at this stressful time. I wish the show would have spent more time on the aftermath of all this. I know you marked this complete, but please continue with what happens when Alexis wakes in the morning. I'd love to read a conversation between just Kate and Alexis about how scared they all were and just reassuring the love. Kate could start by sharing that she was in the room not just to be with Castle but to be with Alexis.
4/13/2014 c1 4oncomingtragedy
Fantastic, as always. I really love the characterization of Kate here. Castle, too. :3
4/13/2014 c1 19prdnanny