for spell a loss

5/1/2014 c1 Guest
When will you post the next chapter(s)?
4/20/2014 c1 FDWojo
Well, I hope you can continue this because I'd really like to see your take on the story and the characters. I realize that the crap with Josh in the early part of the chapter was fine and all, but I must admit that he really crossed the line with his stupidity of thinking that F**ing Kate was what she needed. I'll grant you that most of Castle fandom hates Josh. In what little we see of him in the series, he never acts rude or hateful towards Kate or Rick, and in some fics, the writers have him as a nice guy who realizes he's not who Kate wants. But that's only some. Other fics have had him go psycho-jealous of Kate and I must agree with the previous reviewer JUST ME who thinks Josh is just a selfish douchebag that takes the opportunity to have his way with Kate (I'd use a much stronger word if I could, because he sure as heck wasn't "making love" to her.

One more thought, briefly. another reviewer DX2012 seems to think that Kate wants to get it on with Josh. I think you're missing the point. Yes, he's not technically raping her, but she is in no way into it. She gives him a nod to go ahead, but in her inner thoughts that we hear, she's wishing it was Castle there, not Josh, even at the end. Plus, the author did say that it didn't have to be a one-shot.

Considering how poorly (sadly) it ended, I really hope there will be more.
4/14/2014 c1 DX2012
First I have to say this: I'm a huge Caskett fan. I try to avoid all Kate/Demming, Kate/ Will, Kate/Josh & Kate/Espo fics. Had I known how your story would end, I would have skipped it. But I didn't and here's what I think: I hate your Kate. Why? Because while Castle's fighting for his life, after being shot trying to save her (and not for the first time, mind you), she's fucking her boyfriend. Some say Kate's in denial? Denying what exactly: Castle's confession of love. Come on, Kate, you can do better. Castle deserves better.
4/14/2014 c1 TequilaRed
Yes, I'd definitely like to have more of this one...I'd really like to see what happens next...
4/14/2014 c1 oxcao
solo una cosa... continĂșalo, por favor. Es necesario, enserio.
4/14/2014 c1 Quinn Min
looking forward to your next fan fiction:D
4/14/2014 c1 2castlefreak2121
I really hope this isn't completed. But I like what you wrote! It was believable and well written! I hope you continue
4/14/2014 c1 LadyAilith
I would dearly love to read more. This is a fairly rare viewpoint of the shooting - I've only read one or two others that had Rick being the one who was shot. Please do continue! You've made a wonderful beginning, one filled with angst and sorrow.
4/14/2014 c1 kato769
Your story definitely has my interest and hope you continue it.
4/14/2014 c1 10fangfaceAndrea
Great fic, the pacing was just right and you managed to capture Beckett's state of mind perfectly.
4/14/2014 c1 jazoey
This was really good, don't feel intimidated by the other writers in this fandom. You certainly don't have to hide :) Both Beckett and Castle (and Josh too xD) behaved completely in character, I could actually see this happening on screen if Castle had been the one who was shot. I would love to read more from this. The whole time while reading this I was like, oh no, it's marked as complete, it's over soon, I won't get so see how Castle and Beckett will interact with eachother after he wakes up... So your AN that you consider writing more in this universe really made me happy :D
4/14/2014 c1 Guest
Honestly, I wasnt expecting thos kind of story...didnt like it at all! Totally OOC, as Im sure Kate would never do this with Castle in critical condition. I saw you marked it as "complete" and Im glad you did it because there would no redemption for her after this and if you joined her with Castle Id think she didnt deserve him.
Im not saying I regrett reading this, it was an experience, but its not believable and I didnt like it.
4/14/2014 c1 i-am-nikki-heat
This was really good! I'd like to read more if you feel like it or any other Caskett fic of yours! It's nice to have you on the fandom! xx
4/14/2014 c1 Newsies73
Well hello to you too guest! May I start off by saying thank you for proving my point. :)

And I was not singling out only your comment. Funny how you jumped to conclusions like that. Seems you are used to defending yourself with the exact same argument over and over. That in itself says something about the point I was making. :)

I called out no one in particular. But since you seem to want to call me out, I thought I could be nice guy and respond. Of course I would respond directly to you so we wouldn't have to argue on this authors review board. But alas, I can not do that because you are a guest.

I humbly apologize to the author that I have to write this hear. Kind of just reinforces my point.

Ok guest. Not ONCE did I use the term hater. Over the past year or so of reading comments like yours, I knew how much you guys just love to nitpick it. So I thought I would leave that out. But yet you still brought it up anyway. Curious? Seems you've been through this before.
And you say that it is people like me who won't allow people to give negative reviews? Did you even read my review? I know you did, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. You must have selective reading. Because I myself, said that I did not like Kate in this! I even exclusively said that I happen to agree to a certain extent, with The Beckett Basher Club. Notice how that's not the Beckett Hater Club. Wouldn't want to offend you.
The point I was making was that there are a lot of people who do it in rude ways. And there are those who personally attack the author. You did not do that, so thanks for that. But you did straight up call me out so you might of lost some points.

I would never, nor would I want to take away people's opinions. And if you could review only when you had good opinions than that would suck as well. Then I wouldn't even be able to review a lot of the time either.
If people dislike something than they can feel free to say so. The thing people seem to be lacking, is how to be civil about it. You get words tossed around like slut, whore, or bitch all the time in reviews now. When did that become ok? Then you have people telling the author that they wrote it wrong, or that they are an idiot, or maybe they are a slut too if they write Beckett that way.
What has happened to our society? The anonymity of the internet has slowly started to destroy our humanity.
Authors are writing their own stories. No they do not have to please anyone. They don't have to write for anyone but themselves. But they chose to share it with us. And then we go and repay them by criticizing their work and by degrading them as a person. That is so wrong and it's about time for people to stick up for them.

So in short just don't be a jackass in reviews when you don't like a story. Learn to express yourself in a way that isn't rude. And that's just me saying that to people in general. Not to you. Because I did not actually think your review was rude. Is it about time for you to maybe get some new material? Maybe. Did that come of as rude and make me a hypocrite? Probably. Difference is that I'm defending other people and the authors of this site. Not myself. I really could care less what you or the Beckett Bashers think of me. I wrote this for the authors. Not you, and not me.

Now if you want to argue some more than get an account and send me a pm. I would be more than happy to reply and maybe even share our frustrations on Becketts character. But that's only appropriate in a private setting. Not on a review board. I'm done responding here.

I apologize again to the author. This shouldn't of happened here and I'm sorry for the part I played in it. I just thought I should express my "opinion". :)

Oh how I love sarcasm sometimes. They need a font for it.
4/14/2014 c1 Guest
Newsie 73

No it exactly your kind of people on this site who don't allow everyone their opinion. Only people who have good opinions are allowed to review because if their is one person who says he doesn't like something he is a hater or whining etc.

I mainly voiced my opinion about this chapter. But of course I completely forgot that you are only allowed to review when you like something and when you don't you have to shut up.

I just didn't like the ending and that's my opinion, so I have the right to say that. I didn't call the writer by names or anything. Some people here need to realise that not everyone likes every story the same way and those people have the right to say that. If you have the right to say what you think I do too.
37 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »