for Black Leaves

I wish there was more
10/23/2019 c2 Blood-Stained Minazuki
Interesting
1/9/2019 c2 Guest
Thank you for the amazing story so far. Hope you have a happy new year.
1/1/2017 c2 Mac-The-Editor
This story is extremely interesting so far, and it's a shame to see it hasn't updated in a while. Any chance that it might be updated in the future?
3/30/2015 c2 Blinded in a bolthole
Ummm Unstable potential psycho detected?
3/30/2015 c1 Blinded in a bolthole
Log Horizon is one of the very few fandoms in-which I don't mind OCs at all. Said OCs being well thought out and written is always nice though.
2/8/2015 c1 PocketMaster123
"Black Leaves"...

Is that... Is that a D&D reference?
7/28/2014 c1 5celticsouthern
Having read both chapters, I have to say that this is one of the best fanfictions I have had the pleasure to read. The writing is fluid, and the story quickly grabs the attention of the reader. However, there are a few minor grammar issues, something that is all but unnoticeable. A few questions I have I believe should be addressed. 1) While I have only seen the anime version of 'Log Horizon', I thought it was interesting that you chose to include blood within your story. Is there blood in the manga and will adventurers still come back to life in the cathedrals? 2) Why do you keep referring to Clancy as a 'ranger'? Does this reference have anything to do with his subclass? 3) Will all of the characters be affected by their avatar selves? 4) what is Algar's chef skill level? If it is low this would explain his poor cooking, but otherwise, you need to give a reason for the tasteless food that he prepared.
I would now like to compliment you on how you are handling Clancy's mental narrative as it compares to Orion's thought process. Not only are you showing true character development in the first part of the second chapter with the dream sequence, but you are also conveying a realistic sense of how different people would react to the situation in which these individuals have found themselves.
Finally, do not make the guild much larger. By limiting the number of characters, a more in depth examination can be given and more character development is able to occur.
6/14/2014 c2 Handara
Wow. I started your story and it's really interesting.
Hope to read more soon!
6/10/2014 c1 Reviewer
I really, really like your story. Good job. Please update soon, two months has already passed! (the word 'Londinium' reminded me of a certain anime/manga/novel.)
5/21/2014 c1 8Ocadioan
Good start(a bit worried about there not being an update for a month though), and a fairly standard, though rarely particularly well executed(I need more chapters to estimate how this turns out), region change.
It is good to see ACTUAL human reactions to such a world drop in. FAR too many simply accept it without ever considering the emotional turmoil of battle, let alone killing demihumans(something that I have a nagging suspicion that you are leading up to).
As for the region itself, have you considered just how much you can vary from the canon by this? The English Channel is fairly narrow and the People of the Land would definitely already be trading across it.
Not to mention the even more seafaring cultures of northern Europe. Since this is a Northern European server, the Scandinavian countries and northern France has to be included. I could easily imagine the Scandinavian countries having an event reminiscent of the Viking raids, where special Viking ships could act as temporary cathedrals.
Then there is also winter to consider. Would the characters need special equipment and so on during this(as it can get quite cold in winter)

Anyway, all of this is assuming that you keep writing on this story and develops it far beyond the initial woes of the protagonists.
5/6/2014 c1 3Lord Marshal
Liking the look of this story immensely. The writing is good and the length is nice for a chapter. I would love to see if they ever go to the Japanese server and meet Shiroe and the gang. That would be immensely cool. Also looking forward to seeing how Londinium is governed. The logical choice would be similar to what they have in Akihabara but there are a whole host of systems you could choose from. Looking forward to where you take this story.
4/30/2014 c1 dracos24
Very impressive. I prefer OC's in new regions anyways, and can't wait to see more of this.
4/28/2014 c1 Mission1140
Very nicely written, with an excellent attention to detail. Can't wait to read more.
4/20/2014 c1 12Zikari8
My god this is good.

I'm not even joking here as I say that this is one of the better fanfictions I have read.

What you have done here, an OC-centric story of Log Horizon about a cast in a different server, is not a terrifyingly original idea but the execution was brilliant. The character's were introduced well and are all strong characters in their own sense. I'm especially impressed by the amount of character development that you were able to give Clancy in one chapter.

As for the technicalities, the writing is wonderful. The action scene was a good mix of explanation and movement. It's so good that I will soon proceed to read it over and over again in hopes that I'll learn to mimic your writing style, which I absolutely adore. (Hope you don't mind)

I give you my greatest regards and hope for another chapter soon.

Sincerely, Zikari8,fellow author and avid reader.
16 Page 1 2 Next »