for Glimpses of Summer (and Winter)

2/9/2016 c7 GingietheSnap
In my Review for the prequel of this story, I stated that you should write a sequel. I hadn't realized that you already had! AND IT IS WONDERFUL! Just wonderful! I am so glad the four musketeers stayed friends even though all but D'artagnan retired. I loved the children. Well, except for the poor Louis. I think Aramis was too hard on himself. It took two to tango - twice - but his actions after that were for the protection of everyone he loved.

I could picture everyone from the show so clearly as I read this. In fact, I'm getting a little teary-eyed that your story ended. Job well done! :-D
9/8/2015 c7 Guest
Oh, this was good. So good. Just a wonderful read.
5/22/2015 c7 36Runner043
Very well done. I enjoyed reading it.
5/21/2015 c2 Runner043
The image of Porthos weaving flowers into a crown is adorable.
12/8/2014 c7 13LadyOfGlencairn
This was perfect, from start to finish. I absolutely loved it. The ending, for me, was hopeful. Hopeful that Isabelle might finally know her real mother, that Anne might finally be able to freely love her daughter, that Aramis might finally be free of his secrets.

Beautifully written, colourful and vivid, this is without a doubt one of my favourite pieces of writing. I love that you were true to the original text without it seeming weird and out of place, especially since so much time passes between chapters.

Truly wonderful. Thank you for writing it.
12/8/2014 c6 LadyOfGlencairn
Urgh!
a) Aramis joining a convent *sob*
b) Louis' hatred toward his unknown sister and those repercussions
c) Anne's conflict: her adoration for her children conceived of love and her attempts to be a loving mother to the one conceived out of duty
d) Louis' jealousy just breaks my heart. If only he felt as loved as his siblings.
e) Philippe is Aramis' son! *sob sob*
12/8/2014 c5 LadyOfGlencairn
I think it was a fantastic idea to write each chapter from a different characters perspective. Their internal dialogue is so wonderful to read and gives a lovely insight into their inner turmoil. And to top it all off, it all still seems so in character.

I've always found Athos to be the most interesting of the 4 musketeers, despite Aramis being my favourite. There is so much he holds back - hurt, pain, regret - his emotions always on a tight leash. I often wonder what would happen if that hold was to slip and the years of careful control unraveled? I guess that, to me, is what makes reading about him so fascinating.

Another great chapter.
12/8/2014 c4 LadyOfGlencairn
Lord, can I just curl up and bawl like a baby? I was *not* expecting that - Constance's death and D'Artagnan's palpable grief. The scene between himself and Athos was both beautiful and so heartbreaking. Very, very well written.
12/8/2014 c3 LadyOfGlencairn
Great how you've remained within the passage of history that we know about for sure - Anne's involvement with the Duke for example. Also, how the story centers around Anne, Aramis and Isabelle, but it's being told mostly from the perspective of others. Makes for interesting reading, I think, especially since we get glimpses of what everyone else is going through at the same time without it weighing the story down or detracting from the main series of events.
12/8/2014 c2 LadyOfGlencairn
Sorry, I've switched from AO3 to because I prefer this site.

Oh, how marvelous to see Porthos with the child! But also how heartbreaking for Anne. I like that you've written it very realistically - no flowery reunion that would have seemed out of sorts considering the child is two and doesn't know Anne at all.

I could cry for days.
10/2/2014 c7 auri-australis
This was really really nice story. I greatly enjoyed Isabelle's character.
9/21/2014 c7 Musketeer 17
This whole story was just awesome. Great use of snapshots in time and space. I'm not a fan of the later books, tbh - never got into them as they just felt off somehow, but I love how you used the ideas in them here. I find, out of all the characters' reimagined incarnations for the show, that Porthos is the most different from the book version and I really appreciate how consistently you kept him true to the show version of him in this. With him being deeply wise and insightful. Not to mention how you developed Athos and Aramis and still kept them true to their damaged but compassionate and loyal characterizations, complicated as they both are.

Hope you'll write another.
9/6/2014 c7 zoloko
I've neglected to tell you how much I enjoyed these final chapters and how pleased I was to see this finished. With Isabelle, I can't help but think some of her anger at her father may actually be anger at herself - she did not recognize her mother for who she was and, through the course of these yearly accounts, seemed to find the time she was required to spend with the queen as a child to be rather tedious, while her adoration of her father and the adventures she was otherwise allowed to engage in didn't falter until she knew the truth.

Aramis's unwillingness to risk his daughter's life for even a fraction of a moment, risking her hate instead, felt spot on character wise, particularly with how you'd built his relationship with her through the years. The other relationships throughout this tale remained deep and complex, which I also appreciated. I always find the layers between Athos and Aramis wonderfully complicated, though threaded deeply through their devotion and loyalty to each other, even in the midst of what they don't understand about each other, and/or perhaps threaded through what they understand too well about each other.

All in all, beautifully done. I will look for more from you, should the muse decide to reach out to you again.
8/27/2014 c7 4Shelllee24
This story is amazing! Amazing! It was so enthrall ing and emotional and simply wonderful. This is probably my most favorite fan fic, ever!
8/24/2014 c7 Guest