for Finch's Child

7/3/2020 c1 4Doc0517
Beautifully woven. This is exactly the way Harold would have thought at this point in the series. You caught him perfectly. It hurts to imagine the scene again, and to know that these were his thoughts.

He protected his people, drawing the bad guys away from them by leaving.

I'm sure he hoped he would be able to survive the coming hunt. He wasn't cut out for that, the way that any other team member would have been. And yet he did it anyway - the one clear choice for a man like Harold. Honor. Self-sacrifice. Important themes in POI.

Glad I got to read this. Nicely done.
12/31/2014 c1 38loveislouder94
I really enjoyed this. It was a great insight into Harold's thoughts, and I like how you included flashbacks from the show, like Root talking about Cyrus, and Harold talking to Nathan, to tie his musings together. Nice work!
5/21/2014 c1 Guest
Very well written! Nice recap and conclusion on Harold's feelings at the end of Death Benefit. Poor Harold genuinely tries to do the right thing, be it in the past or present, but bad things still happen. I hope that at some point he can be proud of his child rather than disappointed. Thanks for sharing your story!
5/3/2014 c1 6mschessplayer
Wow SailorChronos1 this is a very thorough and detailed analysis of Finch and his child/machine. How far does one go? What lines should never be crossed? Great fic.
4/29/2014 c1 150Random Ruth
The end of this episode broke me... *clutches chest*

I love how you've sewn these threads together. And it's interesting how Harold's views have the Machine have changed since the pilot and especially this season; and here how he refers to it as a child that's bretrayed him. Nicely done. :)

Enjoy the next episode if you can - if something bad happens to Grace it may dampen the experience somewhat.
4/28/2014 c1 17scully1138
Very nice! I love Harold's understanding that in not killing the congressman John went against his own better judgement, out of friendship and to honor the trust between them. And you do an excellent job of weaving together moments from different episodes to illuminate the complex relationship between Harold and his creation. I enjoyed this very much. Thank you for sharing it!
4/28/2014 c1 43Torie46
This was good. I think it explained Finch's feelings well.
4/28/2014 c1 29Wuchel1
Well done! I really enjoyed this look into what was going to Harold's mind before he decided to disappear. I, too, believe he left in order to give Reese and Shaw a chance to escape Decima's hunt.

Thank you for sharing!
4/28/2014 c1 5Markath
A very good insight in Harold's thoughts. But oh, so sad. We have to wait until tomorrow.
4/28/2014 c1 13Harold Finch and Grace luvr
Finch probably did disapear to protect John and Shaw. I like the idea that Finch thinks of the machine as his child. But I hope Finch won't be entirely on his own on Tuesday. Very well written, thanks for sharing! :D
4/28/2014 c1 56poi922
A nice insight to Harold's thoughts as he realizes his "child" has forced him to approach a line he won't cross. And I like the idea that Finch disappears to protect his employees, rather than just himself.
Thanks for sharing!