for Naïve

7/2/2014 c1 23thoughts-of-joy-dreams-of-love
Sorry I'm so late at this other review. Life got in the way a little bit. But I'm glad I took the time to read this, because once again, you've captured the essence of Mrs. Lovett's character very well. You made her backstory and her emotions believable, and because we get to see her early contempt for the world and its naïveté, it's a good set-up for her disregard of humanity later on. Nice job! (And welcome to the Proboards, by the way)
5/15/2014 c1 20GlitterFrog
This was well-written and really sad. It's an interesting take on Mrs. Lovett's history, and yet another reminder that the poor woman really gets the short end of the stick for pretty much her entire life. The parts that smacked me right in the feels were Nellie's involuntary reaction to Benjamin being near, and her feeling of ownership that wouldn't go away even though she knew it was misplaced. She was undone by the one man who held her heart- the man who would ultimately be the end of her, and you portrayed that beautifully. Okay. Passing around tissues now. Great job.
5/4/2014 c1 10WhatIsUnImAgInEd
It's a wonderful start! I loved it a lot and it's always a treat to read about young Nellie and the different interpretations of her. I'd love to read more about Nell and her sisters and her interactions with Benjamin.