for Not Love

2/25/2015 c3 Guest
If they're going to put Catherine Rollins back into the TV series,this story is 100% recommended!
8/16/2014 c3 14katydid13
Somehow I missed this. It was awesome.
6/17/2014 c3 SnowyRosie
Probably the best I read about her time there and her comeback, good job !
6/16/2014 c3 GraceGraceGrace
Oh I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this piece! Show so screwed the pooch in their handling of this relationship, and in jerking the characters out of character in order to fit the bizarre, clearly last minute, script. To see you so effortlessly pick up exactly where Show left off and gently but steadily lead these two back into character, and with a plot that now seems tethered to reality in Afghanistan, just feels akin to suddenly being able to breathe again! I love the slow steady pace in which you allow this story to play itself out. This would not be a 45 minutes, in and out, op and you acknowledge that. I love how you insert her story, their story, into the usual transactions of the 5-0 universe...a wonderful template for how Show, itself, could dig itself out of the ridiculous hole they dug in 4:21, if only they cared to do so. I love how they are both businesslike and emo in every conversation, cos that is just so "them". And your final act is marvelous, her sneaking up on him like that, him using that phone almost as a crutch, even once he can see her. What a lovely, soul-satisfying denouement! I will enjoy reading this one again, several times actually. :)
5/26/2014 c3 3ToZiKa
A whole year? That must have been horrible.
But at least the mission was a success and she's back home and safe.
I've never considered how many offices they have, but I don't think any female would mind sitting in an office where she could stare at Steve all day...least of all Cath, though she does get the chance to look at him at home too. All of him.
(I need to stop this line of thoughts before I forget what I was talking about)

Sorry it took me so long to read and review btw. Been a bit busy recently. But I DID review every chapter, so I think I made up for it, at least a bit.
5/26/2014 c2 ToZiKa
Okay I forgive Danny. Just this once.

This is not really looking good for Cath and she's been gone for such a long time already.
5/26/2014 c1 ToZiKa
Ugh Danny set him up? Is he nuts?
5/19/2014 c3 Guest
lol this great I am loving this story thanks for sharing. I would like to see little more reaction from Danny, Chin and Kono at the end.
5/20/2014 c3 12FicreaderT
Honestly, I LOVED this story! All of it - you've captured exactly the type of scenario I envisioned; that they remain committed to each other despite the distance and are able to keep in touch when they can. I know many viewers automatically assumed an end to the relationship; that Steve would move on, but I always pictured the relationship continuing and eventually a reunion.

I have been brainstorming my own story for their time apart and how they'll meet up again and honestly I keep thinking of aspects of your story as the new reality - I'll have to try and stop doing that (or ask your permission to use them)!

I especially enjoyed their reunion; Steve's disbelief that she was really there and that they were distracted enough to continue speaking on their phones even though they were close enough to be heard without them, and also Aunt Deb's record being left to Catherine. Really, really nicely done. :-)
5/19/2014 c3 sydcasy
Aww, that's what I wanna see on the show! Great story, can't wait for your next one!
5/19/2014 c3 Guest
This story was so lovely - thank you so much for closing the loop in a way that Show never will (I hope she'll rejoin the Navy or CIA or something and return to periodic sexy guest shots, but I'm afraid they'll kill her off and make Steve go somewhere dangerous to recover her body). As far as I'm concerned, THIS is the real ending! Thank you!
5/19/2014 c3 Lhaven
Great ending!
5/19/2014 c3 5NYR88
Loved this story!
5/19/2014 c3 00Pipas00
Hello again...

After the last chapter of "you owe" (i cannot wait for the next one), found this little story of yours... again congratulations... i truly hope they could do something similar in the serie... if Catherine is just left forgotten in the desert... for me the story-line does not make any sense. And she is so important to give another side of Steve. I think that one of the more interesting things in the H5F0 is the mix between professional and personal live of the characters, not just another cop serie.. it has more...

At least you stories they have much more... we can always think this the real story, for me this is the one which makes sense!

Thank you.

Pipas
5/19/2014 c3 9LuckyStarPham
Haizzz I must say you're my personal tear jerker :( I dont know why, seriously, but I always have tears in my eyes while reading each chapter of this fic. I must be so crazy to become such emotional lol. I'm not just saying that to make you happy. It's the truth. There's nothing more I can do :(

"He nodded in understanding as well, "And how about you, are you…" Steve stopped short of asking if she was alright, "When do you think you'll be…" - Awwww this is soooo Steve. Extremely spot-on to Steve on my mind.

"Why didn't you let me know? I would've picked you up, brought you flowers… dropped you at your place." - Suddenly Steve becomes as thoughtful as Steve in season 3 huh. It's amazing to hear (read) him suggest smt like "flowers", this time he will "buy" her instead of picking some flowers on the way for her haha. Steve only spends money for his girl :x So sweet.

I love the way Cath keeps refering Steve's house as her HOME. Actually, HE is her HOME, wherever he is.

"Catherine spoke through her sat-phone even though she could see him standing outside the house." - Haha I like this. Seems totally romantic for me to imagine this scene.

"Catherine, I…" Steve spoke into the cell phone even as he reached for her, "I like your hair," he grinned, fingertips brushing against a few silky smooth strands of hair as moonlight highlighted her almost-shoulder-length locks. "It's grown out." - Haha can't believe it's the first time Steve told Cath after they met lol. And I'm freaking in love with the way Steve does with his beard, especially his reason to do it. OMG soooo creative and funny and... touching. I'm thinking abt the real Alex haha. Literally burst into laughing when I read that.

I'm glad you didn't let them throw themselves at each other at the very moment they see each other. Instead, they took time to tease each other, to realize it's not just a dream, to look at each other... Finally a hug. OMG. I love things like this, doesn't need to rush in a sexual way. It's all abt love and emotion. They treat each other like... diamond. It would make more sense if both of them cried while hugging or kissing and tasted each other's tears.

"Maybe we should turn this off, don't want to waste any more battery power." - Haha I love Steve's light teasing xoxo And love this one too: "You found a new boyfriend over there?"

"He smiled, "Do you have any idea how much I've missed you?" - Awww, nice thing to say! It seems that Steve didn't even listen to her, just watched her face, watched her movement... and stated his feeling out loud. So sweet.

I love their conversation after she woke up from her sleep and Steve joined her. He must have thought everything was just a dream - her coming home - after waking up without seeing her in their bed... Must be the most terrible feeling ever. I wish you could mention his feeling at that moment. The way Steve tried to lighten the mood by joking abt a boyfriend, the way he encouraged her to talk to him... wow... somehow it just touched me deeply.

"Aunt Deb wanted you to have it," Steve stressed, "You are family, Cath. Deb considered you family," he let her know, "The last time I saw her was the day after Thanksgiving. She and I had a long talk that morning about a lot of things, but mostly you. Aunt Deb said she knew you'd be back. And she told me to hang on to the good thing I had, never let go." - I believe I did tell you how much you like Aunt Deb. She truly cared abt not only Steve but also Catherine. That's perfect. And her gift to Catherine was absolutely special and amazing. I just wish things like this could happen in the real show. Such a waste of potential emotional and meaningful details.

"And you didn't leave me, you were here with me the whole time. And I was with you." - "No, we weren't,""Okay, yes, physically we were. Separated by time and distance, but…" Steve calmly ran a hand over her short hair, "Not love," he flashed an encouraging smile, "You think I say those words lightly? When I said it I meant it, Catherine. And even when we're not together, we're together. I know you understand what I'm getting at." - Aaaaaaaaaa you drive me crazy again huhu. At first, when I first saw your fic title, I didn't understand why it's "Not love", but I trust you enough to not ask right away, just wait for an explanation. And this... is the exactly perfect answer I was looking for. So sweet. So Steve. Thank you for that.

Steve's question abt life debts was soooo hilarious lol. I remember when I made a vid for this scene, when he shot that guy, the lyric was "Everything I do, I do it for you". Thinking back that moment in this situation made me grinning like an idiot. So embrassing. It seems that I always go to another fantasy world whenever I read most of your fictions lol. I shouldnt forget to mention I'm so glad that Cath said the exact Steve's line this time xoxo Make them look like a complete circle of "I love you, you know" & "I love you too".

"I don't think I've seen you smile this much since… ever." - Another clever man realized the goofy smile Steve had whenever Cath was around. Yay. I call them "Ramboette Smile".

"Chin was the next to hug her, "I'd have given him a three week pass if I'd known you were home." He let go and smiled, "Aloha."" - I love Chin love Chin love Chin.

"Steve wondered, "I didn't even ask if you wanted your spot on the team back? I have to admit we let Grover take over your office and there's only the five of them. But I figure I don't use mine much, so we could share."" - Yay I love thoughful Steve. Plus his naughty offer of sharing his office. Wonder what will they do in their own office lol. "Putting 2 rabbits into a cage, after long hours of working..." hahaha I kept thinking back abt Danny's cmt referring to Billy and Cath.

Haha I thought this fic would have 5 chapters. I must be obsessed with number "5" (season "5" or smt). But I wish it could be longer. At least Cath comes back in time, before Steve changes into an OLD attractive handsome miserable man haha. Thank you for taking your time to provide us such a good fictions xoxo
48 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »