for Outtakes: Blue Magic

8/16 c3 2DebaterMax
Please please update this/main story soon
11/18/2020 c3 3BrightSkywalker
I think your treatment of Dumbledore is great.

He is wise but not omniscient... no one is.

He is doing the best he is capable of, but he’s still a flawed human being.
4/14/2019 c1 Artimuos Sen
Oh Harry if only you can view future, then you would realize that Geth are the innocent children who got murdered by their creators for asking questions.
4/14/2019 c3 Artimuos Sen
Thank you for making a generalization of Wizengamot, but I think the ICW has more powers in terms of Statue of Secrecy and how that was going to regulate, cause in Fantastic Beast movie they are making pressure on USA for violating laws, as well as transferring Grindelwald into Europe.
2/24/2019 c3 starboy454
excellent update!
1/17/2019 c2 dylansandy1993
Well. honestly the rambling nature of Dumbledore in that scene was rather dull. Too many details. However! that last scene. I Honestly quite enjoyed it. and after reading what Liara noted when she called.. very appropriate.

It also brings back the concept of the fact that this should remain a cross over rather than purely a Harry Potter fanfiction.

little hints and expositions like that help with the potential teasing to the inclusion of the rest of the galaxy.

I'm of the mind that the magical should be shipped off to Asari space and integrated into society. However nothing is ever so simple. unless there is a God Emperor to control said decision, it simply won't happen. Just saying these chapters definitely could have been included.
1/13/2017 c1 4Revliledpembroke
So, I just sent the 404th message in our little chat log. Does that mean that message can't be found?
6/21/2015 c2 1Nhobdy
I truly enjoy how you've cast Dumbledore in your work. More than almost any character, he's hurt by the books' Harry-POV nature; his preference for subtlety and big-picture stance is hard to pair with cannon Harry's young and often unobservant viewpoint. The background for Philosopher's Stone is especially beautiful as it frames everything else to come.
5/29/2015 c2 Valdimarian
I had an idea that fits well with your story while reading the first outtake, though I'm not sure you're keeping year 2 remotely the same. This was inspired by the Overly Secretive Dumbledore trope where Dumbledore doesn't tell anyone anything until 5 minutes after they needed it (look at pretty much all of book 7 Dumbledore)

Basically the idea is that Dumbledore TRIED to ask Bill about Horcrux via Ginny (arranging for them to win the raffle and then hinting that they should visit Bill) but Ginny didn't talk to Bill, so Dumbledore thinks Bill doesn't know anything. (My / Dumbles's reasoning is that if Ginny tells Bill about her possession and he flips out, he'll come straight to Dumbledore to demand something be done, if he doesn't respond then he doesn't know anything. The problem is if Ginny doesn't talk to anyone, much less her 'favorite brother', then Dumbles gets a false negative that Bill [and the goblins] knows nothing.)

There's even a few good reasons NOT to ask outright:
1) He doesn't want to accidentally tell someone about Horcrux who doesn't already know about them.
2) He doesn't know what they're called (yet) or suspects Goblins have another name for them (in your version there's multiple ways to do it, so he can't afford to use the wrong term)
3) He doesn't want to risk there being a censure from the goblins if such a topic is forbidden
4) He's an old man and doesn't want to risk if anyone finds out he's asking about Dark rituals for immortality (I'd be suspicious of any old man asking about ways to cheat death, 'Leader of the Light' or not!)
1/15/2015 c2 1orion0905
Good to see your coming back, this was a great story. I look forward to more
1/14/2015 c2 Diverball
You offer a reasonable explanation for Dumbledore's behaviour, but I'm afraid that you still cannot get him off the hook so easily. There are always unforeseeable situations, and as a teacher, his first and last responsibility is to put the safety of the students above all things, just as a Doctor's first responsibility is to put the welfare of the patient before all things. They are both, in my view, sacred vocations which have at their heart, the moral philosophy that only means matter, not ends.

No risk to the students, no matter how carefully controlled, can ever be tolerated when it is completely unnecessary to the fundamental purpose of a school. If Dumbledore wants to work towards what he believes is the Greater Good of society, he should resign as headmaster and become Minister. Wielding influence from the shadows without accountability is hardly a morally superior choice to wielding power directly. Endangering the students in even the smallest way for the sake of his goals, no matter how laudible they may be, is a fundamental betrayal of the office he holds.

There is room for argument on the Horcrux issue, but Dumbledore explicitly states that Harry has a "piece of Voldemort" in him at the end of CoS. I find it difficult to believe that he came to such a conclusion almost immediately on being told about the behaviour of the Diary, unless he already suspected the possibility. The question is when he started suspecting.

I also have to ask, is Harry actually going to be a Horcrux in this story? There have been plenty of fics that raise the point that merely having a tiny fragment of Voldemort's soul in his scar isn't necessarily enough for Harry to act as a spiritual anchor.
12/23/2014 c2 starboy454
excellent shorts
12/23/2014 c2 Me Myself and I
A nice gift...

It's Chrismass time.
12/23/2014 c2 Opinr
A resonable experlation behind Dumbledore.
12/23/2014 c2 Eregeryn
Thank you for your efforts in preparing this chapter. It was quite enjoyable :)

I liked how you executed the continued portrayal of Dumbledore as a clever and well-meaning but imperfect individual. His musings implied interesting things about this version of the wizarding world, and got me thinking about the mindset of Dark Lords. (In a totally not-evil way, I swear. No plans for conquest slowly ripening over here, no sir.) I am also excited to see where the Benezia/Aethyta thread goes.

Thought I would point out two tiny errors: unless you have revised wizarding history, 'Bagnod' should be 'Bagnold.' And there is a line that begins 'The trick was not to completely discouraging the man...'

Yet these are but two tiny flies in a large barrel of high-quality ointment, mere misplaced flecks on a beautiful portrait. Thank you again for your efforts.

Looking forward to the next :)
24 Page 1 2 Next »