for Things Begin Anew

7/30/2018 c1 purple-lightening
HAHAH, I love Saint Dobby... hilarious!
This was a great chapter... I really enjoyed reading it all.
It's a nice take on post-war fic and how things turn out after.
I love Wilkes...I hope to see a lot more of him.
Will you be continuing?
~purplelightening
7/13/2018 c1 avid reader
Why not? As long as it's proofread and actually finished. Yeah, go ahead and finish it
1/31/2015 c1 19Smiling Seshat
Your sentences are too long. you put the equivalent of ten different sentences into one, glueing then together. You should also be very careful with your punctuation - I noticed at least one mistake per paragraph.

To get better, a good thing to do is read books to learn what to do. Or you can ask for a beta.
7/13/2014 c1 24Tando
Its a nice start, the story is set and the conflicts are clear, but there are some issues with writing and grammar. My main issue with the grammar is the lack of commas or appropriate pauses in the writing where they should be. Also the shift in time was strange as well, I understand that you also wanted to introduce Harry and the Weasley family, but I felt that doing so left the Hogwarts side of the cast a little short-handed. Anyways, good work, but there's always room for improvement.
5/27/2014 c1 Dumbly-door
My problem with this story is the lack of clear writing. Sometimes, it is very unclear what you hope to say. It is very disjointed and there was even a point where you suddenly switched from third person to first person without any regard for coherency. If you do continue, which I hope you do cause the story looks to be very promising, I very, very strongly recommend getting a beta reader. If you can secure yourself a beta, I'm positive the story will gain traction and become incredibly popular in its own right. But please, please heed my warning or people may stop reading three chapters in and dump it. I know I myself may not be able to tolerate so many chapters of disjoined and unclear writing.

In any case, keeping an eye on it.
5/27/2014 c1 Lorteck
A goblin revolution! It's a great start, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this Wilkes. He almost sounds like Severus, but with the opposite prejudices. He makes you feel sorry for Draco, but then seeing him with Ginny gives you hope. I'm interested in hearing more about that.
5/26/2014 c1 42Colin Creevey
I like the beginning and I like the setup. Problems with Goblins after the war makes so much sense in the larger scheme of things once the war ends. Surely, the end of the war doesn't come so easily.
5/26/2014 c1 Guest
You should certainly continue it. I like the beginning.
5/25/2014 c1 16notwolf
This looks like a promising start to a story. My only problem was it seemed a bit disjointed and a little rushed, like when weeks passed uneventfully after we meet that awful interim headmaster who made Draco cry. I'd want to explore that further, there is so much background and family relationship turmoil to explore.

Also, in part of it you used 'I' when narrating. Is this a character that we will recognize later?

On a side note not really related, I'm glad Minerva isn't headmistress yet because I thought it completely unfair in the book how she made all of Slytherin house leave during the war, then acted like they had all left willingly.

Nice description of Bagman, if a little nauseating, haha. But it was meant that way, so good job. Did the goblins kill him, then? And if so, was it because he was a wizard, or they had a beef against him in particular?

Saint Dobby? That's hilarious! House elves are funny creatures.
5/25/2014 c1 Guest