FanFiction.Net

A long time favorite
11/27/2019 c4 jc
excellent fics
10/2/2018 c2 18The Lauderdale
Oh Shari, no! Worse than I thought. This is more overt scheming than "Prisoners of Isengard" implied for her character, but I think it will make for some fun conflict. Let's see, she's rude about her blinded mate behind his back, she's expressing a racialized disdain for Ushatar (I really don't think any of the Free Orcs showed disdain for Ushatar's halfbreed status, although I may end up going back to look) and she's overtly planning with her uncle to frame Ushatar and getting him killed.

At the same time, I can understand Shari being resentful of Ushatar and Tara's rise. She has to be embarrassed that Tara had stones in a situation where she didn't, which makes her dislike for Tara personal. But as for Ushatar - well, I'd be upset too if some Uruk three-year-old (less than three? How old is Ushatar at this point?) and his Mannish spouse became the leaders in all but name of the Orc clan I belonged to.

This is also the first we've heard about the other Orcs not being whole-hearted Ushatar fans, but I don't think it is unrealistic.

Re: the previous chapter, which I've read several times over now since you first posted it, I was happy to see Simeon back, and hope that he'll turn up again, as well as his brother Percival (who originally argued Simeon into taking Tara's side in the first story.) I'm also intrigued to see, or at least hear about, what discussions may take place between Aragorn, Elrond and Arwen. I feel like things could go either way with Elrond. On the one hand, his wife was taken and tortured by Orcs and he has no cause to love them. On the other hand, Tolkien calls him wise and kind - and if Arwen, who has the same cause to dislike Orcs that her father does (the memory of her lady mother), could bring herself to entertain the possibility of Orcs being good in the first chapter, the same may be true of Lord Elrond.

Darian's family are set up to be hated, but it's worth remembering why they look like crows in the first chapter: they *are* in mourning for their murdered son, after all, and as unlikable as they are with their hissing and use of the word "trollop," they also aren't running around indiscriminately murdering people the way Ras, for whom we are meant to sympathize, is. That said, these people are probably the reason Darian was the way he was, and although I'm not sure he always got a fair shake in the original story (he really did turn into a raving bastard in those last chapters compared to the fairly charming fellow of the opening chapters, even if we are to assume that charm was a facade for something more calculating), Darian did indicate early on that his family wasn't the greatest. If we end up seeing more of goes on in the court of King Elessar, it will be interesting if they continue to play a role.
9/21/2018 c4 firerosedreamer67
OK! Loving this !...but a chapter a year?
9/14/2018 c4 First Dragon
Hello!
I am so happy to see this update! I love this story very much along with the other ones in you wonderful created universe: Ushatar, Maukurz and Rakhan... I love them all and I am eager to konw where this road will lead them.
Tara and Ushatar, this is one of the strongest love-storys I have ever read. I love the scene when Tara managed to ground Ushatar, teliing him : "We will stay..." which means that she believes in him... and she is strong for him. They both bave made such a huge developmen!
Please keep writing and thank you for this further step on the journey.
9/14/2018 c4 Lammen Gorthaur
I'm so happy this got updated. :3
9/13/2018 c4 Ilseme
I realize I've never commented on any of your work, but I've been a huge fan of your work since I stumbled upon it last year. I nearly did a double take when I saw the alert this story had been updated in my email account.

Thank you so much for updating this story and letting us get another glimpse of your wonderful writing and characters! I really look forward to seeing more of this story~!
9/13/2018 c4 Tibblets
Thanks for posting again. I may have to go back and re-read the first story so I remember what is going on.
2/13/2018 c3 Guest
Loved your story so much! Please continue!
1/20/2018 c3 equipagan
Intriguing start! Vampires, huh? And will Aragorn stay smart enough to think instead of just react?
I really love your world-building and your oc's -they're solid and believable. And I might just be crushing a wee bit on Ushatar!
11/6/2017 c3 Lammen Gorthaur
I really hope you continue this. I'd love to know what Aragorn decides to do, hopefully nothing stupid.
7/29/2017 c3 Kirgy5040yahoo
Oh please don't tell me you left off here and left us hanging I really enjoyed reading the story and following the characters that you've developed I think it's a wonderful tail and I would love to see how you wrap this up again I hope you have not abandoned the story SI really found it intriguing I would like to thank you for your hard work and hope to see more from you in the future
7/19/2017 c3 Guest
I'm so happy to see this updating again! :) definitely looking forward to the further adventures of this motley crew
7/20/2017 c3 Tirion I
Damn, things look bleak. Nothing in the North but ice, wraiths and cannibals. Okay, and some inuits who might be persuaded to revive that tradition of trade, but at this rate there won't be anyone left in Ushatar's group before long.
7/19/2017 c3 japhiainc
Omg first thank you for the update, you are an awesome author! And second I'm sad about nemli and her sons.
65 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »