for Armand and His Angel

7/28/2014 c4 4AlpineSheep
That was a long chapter - but definitely worth it! It was broken up very nicely. Now, technical details aside... that was really great! What an intriguing and believable way to portray Marguerite and Chauvelin's introduction to each other. Their interaction is quite believable and SO forshadows the interactions we are more familiar with in the series. The ending was quite chilling. Little does Marguerite know what she is doing. You have portrayed her character so well in this story - I know it is mostly about Armand :) The immaturity that ultimately gets her into trouble before she 'grows up' is so evident and helps us to see why she acted toward the St. Cyrs the way she did.

Bravo for a great story! thanks so much for posting this!
7/26/2014 c4 9Clio1792
This is an excellent pre-quell, establishing not only Marguerite's rage and anxiety at what happened to Armand, but the basis of her initial connection to Chauvelin. Particularly good was Chauvelin's chilling personal manner-low key and fanatic; and the sense the author conveys that Marguerite understood Saint Cyr's attack as an affront to her-she would never forget her ordeal of worry and search; and, of course, down the line, the whole incident will put her marriage at risk, and render her beholden to her future husband's most tireless adversary.

Excellently done,
7/26/2014 c4 Marguerite
Oh. Too bad it's already over. Hope you start another one soon. It was a good book. Hope to hear from you soon! :)
6/26/2014 c3 4AlpineSheep
That was intense! What a fight. It really flowed and kept so well with Armand's perspective. I like how he figures out Angele must have betrayed his secret.

Also, Marguerite is splendid! She's just what she must have been like before she matured. As you described so believably: She was in one of those moods...

Wow. So enjoyable! I mean, I don't want Armand beaten up as much as the next kind fangirl, but since he did, he deserves to have a well-written scene about it. Now he's got one!
6/26/2014 c3 9Clio1792
Nicely done depiction of Armand's beating-particularly good was the fear and horror of being waylaid, and Armand's anxiety that, if he was to be killed, Marguerite would be left alone.

This was excellent,
6/26/2014 c2 Clio1792
Terrific use of Addison's "Cato," and good evocation of Armand's self-consciousness, and embarrassed disappointment!

Good chapter,
6/26/2014 c1 Clio1792
This is a very interesting story, delving into the relationship between Marguerite and Armand, before the series of events that would compel Marguerite to repeatedly be forced to choose between loyalty to her brother and loyalty to her husband. And the author is quite right; it has not been treated extensively in fan fiction. So good for her, taking this on! I'm so glad she has!

6/26/2014 c3 Marguerite
Oh the fool! Update quickly! I want to know what happens!
6/16/2014 c2 4AlpineSheep
Oh, poor love-sick Armand! He fumbles so sweetly through that scene! Heheh, Margot's got a pesty suitor. I wonder if we have to keep an eye on this guy... Oh, and score for taking advantage of part of what makes historical fiction so great. I learned something and it didn't even jolt me from the story. Thanks for sharing your knowledge of the play and including authentic excerpts from it - it added an immersing level of authenticity!
6/15/2014 c2 Marguerite
If only Armand would be like Marguerite and Marcia. Keep writing! :)
6/8/2014 c1 AlpineSheep
Oh this is so beautiful and delightful! I'm really eating up the relationship you've continued to succeed in portraying so well between Marguerite and Armand. I love how suspicious Marguerite is of the whole relationship, while remaining supportive of Armand. Her reaction to his poem is sublime. The scene gives a great glimpse of home-life for the two before the series starts, and that rug... What can I say? HILARIOUS! 'Obviously he did not like everything from the Renaissance, at least not rugs'! So cute that Marguerite would make such a gift faux-pas! I don't even care that the story is not finished, I'm going to break my own protocol and add it to my favorites in spite of it! Keep it going!
6/5/2014 c1 Marguerite