for A Trick of Fate

8/18 c3 FurReal
Your story is really impressive! I really appreciate that you included a lot of Japanese mythology and explained so nice the kitsunes’ behaviour.
I devoured the story word by word, it has a good vibe and it keeps you thrilled, especially since is divided in smaller chapters making it easier to read.
The whole cycling thing at the final is really smart, it got me like ‘wow.. I literally did not expect that, but wait.. it makes a lot of sense!..’
It’s a really good piece of work and deserves a lot more appreciation! Kudos!
8/18 c1 FurReal
Wow, I don’t know how I did not found this story earlier, is so beautifully written. The whole plot is great and Kagome as a kitsune is delicious. You rock!
8/6 c3 3lilangelchr30305
Such a good story!
6/12 c3 kittyrsocute
Inuyasha's part of the pack song is my favorite.
5/25 c3 CrimpyTomato591
I never know where to start with these things, so I guess I'll open with this:

Every once and a while I stumble across a story whose synopsis reveals a premise so utterly original I'm terrified to read it - I immediately have this picture of how I want the plot to go, and I'm worried that I'll end up disappointed if I move forward. While I almost always end up going through with reading, stories on this site can be unfinished or just... not the best, at least in regards to quality.

When I read the summary for this, I immediately began with that worry of high expectations leading to disappointment, because I was fascinated by the idea of a Youkai Kagome resulting from a wish going awry.

I have to say, after devouring this story in the span of a day, you have created something special here. This was an absolute pleasure to read, and I love what you've done in virtually every respect here.

I usually go over specific plot details and give criticism on aspects I don't like when leaving a review, but I have almost nothing to say that isn't positive! That being said, I'll write a bit more general praise to convey what I was most impressed with:

To start I'd just like to say that you have handled the focus of this story masterfully. I have seen many works that become bloated by trying to include as many characters/settings as possible, and it was extremely refreshing to see that this kept things narrow without compromising on plot. Miroku and Sango are a great example of this, where you didn't pay almost any attention to them at first (given that Kagome's acclimation to her youkai lifestyle was significantly more important), but still managed to give them nice inclusion/endings once things had settled down.

Secondly, I absolutely loved the lore you included here. I haven't read an Inuyasha story that discusses youkai traits in this much depth, and everything about it was fascinating and well-integrated in your story. Explanations for Kagome's kitsune behavior were great in furthering her character, and the idea of Sesshomaru heading a 'pack' added a lot of uniqueness. You clearly hold the source material in high regard, but you weren't afraid to add your own twists to/from the relevant mythology. Seriously, phenomenal job with all of this - it made this really fun to read.

The final bit of praise is something you've probably heard before, but you did a fantastic job with your renditions of the characters and their growth in response to the plot. Kagome's journey of accepting the consequences of her wish and the changes her life experienced were incredibly well-written, and Sesshomaru learning to value her presence was a sweet, fulfilling journey. I don't have much else to say, your characterization was a lot of fun to read.

(Final-final tidbit, I love that romance didn't completely dominate the plot - things were interesting without it, and it simply served to complement a already fascinating premise)

As for criticism, my only qualm is something that I feel is inherently unreasonable - length. I was enjoying reading this so much I didn't want it to end! That being said, the criticism I have really lies in pacing. With how small of a timeframe the first 40ish chapters played out for, having the jump of so much time (63 years, I think you mentioned) was a bit jarring. You handled it well, but I guess the assumption that nothing of interest occurred in such a long period of time was didn't really sit right with me. I get the whole time dilation of Myobu's plotting, but it felt a little strange to think that Kagome/Sesshomaru had absolutely no progression in their relationship in all that time, or that Rin/Shippo didn't experience anything important in their upbringing for such a long time.

My feelings for that essentially boil down to a distaste for the implications such lengthy time skips are burdened with, especially when the rest of the story was so condensed. I feel obligated to give at least SOME criticism, even though it really is just a nitpick.

With all of that story discussion being said, I'd like to finish with a simple but sincere thank you.

Reading fan-written stories is a favorite pastime of mine, and its always wonderful to find something of this quality, both in plot and writing style. I have so much appreciation for the work that was clearly put into making this, and I'm so happy to have been able to read it.

I always feel a bit weird ending these things, because as a stranger on the internet it's difficult to convey the sincerity of my thanks. Hopefully it shines through in my words, though, because reading this story made my day, truly.

Thank you for your writing, and best wishes for all of your future works!
~Tomato
5/17 c3 2roseinthemoonlight
This is seriously one of the best, if not the best, story I have ever read. The first half was seriously one of the best things I have ever read in my life. You perfectly captured Kagome getting used to her body, and the distractive nature of an over-hyper fox. Personally, I am not a big fan of extended periods of time in which things stay in stasis. So that caused me some real heart ache when the decades started to pass by. I was extremely frustrated. I understand the reasoning behind it all, it’s just not my cup of tea.

This was flawless. One of the best things I’ve read in years, and like I said possibly the best fanfic I’ve ever read. Thank you for sharing it with us. I’m sure I’ll be rereading it many times in the future.
4/22 c3 Valpalasaurus
I am so glad dokuga was done. Otherwise I would have never discovered such an awesome story with the plot twist of a century. Amazing job!
4/20 c3 Figsy
Wow! What a masterpiece.
3/17 c3 xela521
this is a fing work of art. its much longer than it looks and im really impressed. thank you so much for the wonderful read.
11/28/2020 c3 mariselortiz
love it. bery interesting nissing the series and leyend. trice a i hsve read/
11/28/2020 c3 SessRinnSolidFan
masterpiece i really love this story.. the best of all the best! thank you for you writing .. very very nice,, icried,laugh,trilled and inlove .. sorry for my english.. from phillipines
10/26/2020 c3 Shrizzitania
Another thing I'd like to appreciate is how you have characterized Kitsune youkai. It's absolutely marvelous to see how you've portrayed their seductive and mischievous ways; very much true to their mythology. It leaves me with a feeling of deep satisfaction because the allure of Kitsune and kyuubi no youko (nine-tailed foxes) were very much underplayed in the original series. I'm glad this fic sought to remedy that.
10/26/2020 c3 Shrizzitania
Sesshoumaru x Kagome has always been a crack pairing to me. But this was so well written, I can't even complain lol. Great job. Although, I wish you had split up the chapters further for easy reading. It's especially harder to scroll with the mobile app.
10/7/2020 c3 18Vespera
Very impressive. Excellent pacing, great relationship development, creative blending of fairy tales and animal behavior to craft the youkai culture, and at no point did I feel Sesshoumaru was out of character. Thank you for sharing this adventure with us.
8/26/2020 c3 8Ms. Gentry
I absolutely LOVE everything about this. Thank you so much for writing it. Your Kagome and Sesshoumaru characterizations are spot on. Please write more!
220 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »