for As Roses Grow

9/28/2014 c1 Vipera411
Disgusting.
7/14/2014 c4 Confuzzled
Here are some suggestions for the code that are probably not right.
Have man ency p
Animgus Bewz
begins vaccne 22/14
enigma busw

PS can we see some Draco Malfoy?
7/14/2014 c4 Ravenclaws rock
Whoa! This is actually pretty good with a plot and everything! I like it! Maybe sometime Rose and Albus can be invited to Malfoy Manor. Does the email have to do with anything about the locked wardrobe/atttic?
Also, the code: begins? or something with animagus?
7/14/2014 c4 NanoWorker
Oh god I just discovered this story and i love it! 1 follower :)
7/14/2014 c4 3notsosecretlyramona
Great chapter! And a lot happening. I really enjoy the family's interaction with Scorpius. Even Al is reluctant to approve of him, which is a good testament to just how much Draco and his family did to the Weasleys and Potters. Cool backstory with Scorp's family, too. Constellations by M - I love it, haha.

Cute interactions with the Weasley Christmas. I like the idea of the Secret Santa, and it's cute that the Scamander kids are so young.

The only drawback about this chapter is that it covered so much time. With all the time jumping, the action became very passive. It didn't feel like things were happening now, but rather the action was glazing over what had happened, you know?

I can't wait to see where this goes next!
7/2/2014 c3 notsosecretlyramona
Hm. You brought it up a bit in this chapter, but your characters do seem older than eleven. It's something I've had a lot of trouble with in my fanfics, too, but try to keep that in mind in their relationships with one another, especially Scorpius and Rose.

I like the amount of time you passed in this. We've been through sorting and the basics of their early classes, so it was a good call to jump to Halloween. You've also fleshed their time out with thing like exploring and the attic. Poor James! Is he ever going to get his map back?

Hope you update soon! I'll be following.
7/2/2014 c2 notsosecretlyramona
One doesn't just CASUALLY finish the Count of Monte Cristo, haha.

I'm not sure how I feel about the first part. It's a cool writing style, but it was jarring coming right into the chapter.

I really like that Rose and Scorpius became friends so easily. As fun as the enemies-turned-friends plot is, it has been done far too much in Scorose fics.

What's up with this Xander? Hmm?

James seems fun, haha. Hoping to see more of him.
7/2/2014 c1 notsosecretlyramona
I'm loving this so far! I like NextGen stories that take a general approach to their lives and this is looking like it's going to be a good one. The length of the chapter is great because it really gives you something to sink your teeth into.

I'm also liking your take on Rose and Scorpius. Rose is a bookworm, but also incredibly nice. I bet that niceness will lead to her getting pretty hurt down the road. And Scorpius so far seems pretty timid. Let's see where that goes. Also very interesting that he went to a Muggle school.

Nice addition of the other Ravenclaws. Hoping to see more from Al soon!
6/22/2014 c2 skywave
I like how you're writing this story; but one note: stop putting authors note in during the story. Afterwards is fine, but during it you're just apologising for things you shouldn't be; so get rid of the one after the sorting hat song, and the one about not finding a riddle, just put a simple riddle in, don't *insert something here*. You're the writer, it's jarring when that happens, because it pulls you out of the story; you have to trust yourself, don't let doubt affect your writing. It's a good story, and I enjoy reading it, and I can't wait for more.

If it helps I just googled riddles and picked one:
Riddle: "I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?"
Answer: "A Shadow"
Though to make the riddle for magical you could replace bird with a Phoenix, or a Hippogriff. I personally would pick hippogriff :P
6/21/2014 c1 Guest
Great story, I'd love to hear more and see how the plot picks up!
6/15/2014 c1 Garideth
Hi! This story is freaking amazing, and I'm in love with it already! I just got back on my Scorose kick about an hour ago, and this is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I've seen fics with Scorp in Gryffindor before, but I've never seen one with Rose in Ravenclaw, so go you for originality. Also, the way you described Al as being kind of judgmental was different, too; most people make him seem like the Alphonse Elric of the Potterverse-that is, super duper soft and welcoming and loving. You did a really good job describing all of the Weasley-Potter clan in looks and attitude (judging off most people's idea of the kids, anyway). Anyway, I'll stop rambling and go on to say that this story already ROCKS, and I hope you update really soon!