for Peter Jackson Has Ruined Everything

6/3/2018 c16 streunekatze
Such a wonderful story. It took turns I did not expect and oh the ending. I enjoyed this so very much and Scilla is a great character.
12/29/2017 c16 2purplepoet01
Ahhhh! This was very well-written, and I really rather enjoyed it, especially the ending! Great job!
11/20/2015 c16 frogz1512
yay!
7/24/2015 c16 TreesoftheWild
Very nice. Though deaths are always regrettable, at least Scilla had a happy ending.
4/23/2015 c16 1Gaby de Brabant
I came to this story late, but Im glad I found it, its lovely! and there isnt enough Bard stories out there. :)
1/19/2015 c16 norma
What I don't like about PJ's version and the version by some fanfic writers is the glorification of certain characters, like Gandalf is never wrong, Bilbo is the most bravest and honest and nobody seems to care that in the book he first took the Arkenstone for himself. In contrast the Dwarves are dirty, smelly, no table manners, no respect for other people's properties, crude and what else. Thorin especially is rude, unreasonable and cruel. I have often thought of his anger upon discovering Bilbo's betrayal, how I would react in his place. I may not push him down from the rampart but I would certainly banish him from my home. I would not want a friend I cannot trust for who knows what he'll do in the future. Every living being has faults, makes mistake but the movie Bilbo is too perfect.
Tho' I like the individual look given to the Dwarves in the movie, I would not have minded if PJ had left them as they were in the book. Long-winded Thorin, kind-hearted Dori, all of them old with long beards and different coloured hoods. But I suppose there will be less $$$$$ for the movie-makers:)
1/13/2015 c16 Phoenix
Hooray! A happy ending to a fabulous story! Bravo!
1/12/2015 c12 Phoenix
Ah yes, typical sneaky Gandalf, showing Scilla her coat so that she figured out by herself she could get home and not tell her directly. Bravo.
1/11/2015 c7 Phoenix
Wow, Scilla really held her own against Thranduil. You go girl.
1/10/2015 c3 Phoenix
Well, that escalated quickly.

I am very impressed by this so far. You really bring out the gravity of Scilla's situation, which many other fanfics that send a modern character into a well-known story overlook.
1/7/2015 c16 22BlackBandit111
I thought this was going to be a Mary Sue, but wow, I was really wrong. You didn't insert yourself into the story as I'd expected; if anything, you were distant and an outsider, a unique touch to your story. It made my heart warm with content and my soul bright to read your ending and the whole thing through. You really just managed to capture me with your character, and I'm not sure if I can fully put into words what I'm feeling, but this was very well done and nicely written. It has left me very well speechless, which is what may be the best description I can provide for the feeling festering in my heart.

'It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you'll be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins.
11/24/2014 c16 1Mond-und-Sterne
To my shame I have to admit that I am not sure I ever reviewed your story while I was reading it... BUT I just read the whole story for the second time because it was simply amazing! The idea of a girl somehow getting transported to middle earth, being part of the adventures and falling in love is nothing new but your way of telling this story is unique! It's funny but not silly, your characters have depth and are well developed and portrayed! And I love that you wrote a story around Bard! I love him as a character and he is rarely ever the subject of fanfiction! You dont by any chance think about writing a sequel, do you? :P
Again, I apologize if I haven't reviewed before! Your story is awesome, I haven't found anything that even begins to compare!
10/8/2014 c16 22Yuki Suou
Nice story without the sue-ness. :)
10/3/2014 c16 7bleeding-roses-16
I love that you have done something new with the girl falling into middle earth. it was a little tiring to see them all end up with someone in the line of Durin or try to change everything so that the three live.
8/2/2014 c16 19CatLady4
That was a most pleasant tale. Very nicely written and well-thought out. Thank you!
31 Page 1 .. Last Next »