for Faded Colors

1/6/2019 c1 29Temple Cloud
Yes - you've got it right that Jadis isn't a monster who was born inescapably evil, but a person who had been a child and grown up, and who had been brought up to be a psychopath because it wouldn't occur to the ruling classes of Charn in that period that there was any other way to govern. And definitely in character that Aslan would want to help her, but won't override her freedom to choose. Which is probably sadder for him than it is for her, because he is aware of how much she's missing out on.
2/6/2016 c1 25Glenstorm63
Did I review this before? It's beautiful and very very sad. Thanks for writing it. I like getting into Jadis' mind and heart. It seems important. I also appreciate that you've made it episodic with gaps in between. A useful technique.
11/16/2015 c1 33master of gray
This is vary will written. This is a great story.
8/6/2015 c1 Indis
WOW! Very powerful and awe-inspiring!

Thank you very much for writing it!
8/20/2014 c1 Rien
There are a lot of things I want to say about this, and none of them lend themselves easily to being explained (perhaps they would if I had your talent with words). You've depicted Jadis perfectly; she's absolutely in character from what we know of her in the Chronicles, and yet you've made her strangely easy to relate to. Her emotions are perfectly human (even if she technically isn't); her actions, of course, are directed by the rules she grew up with, which make her not at all fitted to the world in which she finds herself, nor to our definition of right and wrong, however well she has adapted herself to survival in her own world and culture. I find myself feeling deeply sorry for her; as in the original portrayal, there are tragic hints of the person she could have been given a different start in life. This is a great character study and you've got some fantastic world-building in there...part of me wants to say "More please" and the other part thinks it's just too sad...