for Talia - Fires of Ferelden

8/18 c3 dylansandy1993
I love Dragon age.

but fuck if this story highlights how shitty the world of Thedas is.
5/27 c32 LorValkorion
Pretty good so far, only thing I don't like is the dragon plot twist. Too lorebreaking for me, also quite the powerup to have in an instant which I dislike, will drop the story for now cause I've been reading it for the past week.
I doubt I'll like how the story goes on with a mc dragon who was supposed to be nondragonborn but I'll give it a try later.
1/15/2020 c76 Monshroud
Certainly an interesting thought.

While one must possess the ability to directly access the Magicka/Mana from The Fade itself, the possibility for ANYONE learning to harness the natural ambient magicka/mana that exists throughout nature and Mundus that's provided by Aetherius would certainly be enticing, especially with little to risk of demon possession.

I'm sure many a Chantry sister and Cleric would find the School of Restoration useful...

On a different note, one could consider the Thedas form of enchantment to be akin to alchemy, utilizing properties inherent within various materials and components for such workings, rather than endowing objects with magical properties through the use of souls instead.
1/12/2020 c31 Monshroud
While I know this story has long since been completed, here's hoping the Templars if not The Circle entire get SOME comeuppance for subjecting Onmund and Talia to the Harrowing. Preferably from Talia's ROYAL father, outraged by how poorly they treated his daughter besides other mages...
11/14/2019 c45 5SneakyWalrus
Reading through this story, I have to point this out: The Elder Scrolls universe does have gunpowder in it, and has done since Arena and Daggerfall, where they were used as part of the navies of both High Rock and Hammerfell, but due to the prevalence and capability of TES magic they were never used en mass. This has never been retconned, and appeared even recently in the TES card game.

Talia, of all characters, should know about gunpowder and it’s used.
6/6/2019 c63 Bigguestinboots
Don't usually post on old story rereads but goddamn whatta fight
2/22/2019 c33 Guest
Talia is not a tongue or a dragonborn she is just the mouthpiece for a dragon. Basically she is a dragon priest
11/6/2018 c104 icicle.c.cold
Wow...That was...that was...ummm...words.
#$% can't think. Um, I liked this a lot, and I think Nan might have actually been Old Talia, and Alma was Nan/Old Talia. Unless her daughter somehow inherited her connection to Hakkon. I don't know, but I look forward to finding out. I never got into Firefly. It seemed to just start in the middle, and go like it had been running for three seasons already, and I was SO confused... I just want to see it in order...Seeing it get a remake would be much happy. Seeing it get a continuation would be joyful joy for everyone! I am not in the category of 'everyone' YET. I am rambling here...Um, this was pretty well done, with pretty minor typos. A few grammar mistakes here and there, and some missing letters. Not bad. Far less than the usual amount of typos I see in a story this long. I admit the killing of Alistair is going to make things...interesting...to put it mildly, especially since most of the timeline centers around him surviving. Wondering if Old Talia/Alma went back specifically to save Aedan? I guess I'll have to keep reading and find out! :)
11/6/2018 c97 icicle.c.cold
This was an epic battle scene. Well written. I was watching the cinematic play out in my imagination.
Only something well written can do that, you know. I think I'm enjoying this way too much...
Sneaking suspicion about who the dragon priest lady really is...might be Talia's daughter.

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
That makes me immediately think of the TARDIS from Doctor Who. Every time.
Fun fact, the TARDIS thinks her name is 'Sexy' because that's what the Doctor calls her. Love that episode SO much! Laughed my butt off at that scene!
11/5/2018 c89 icicle.c.cold
Dragonborn smagonborn, it was a piece of plot to illustrate that the civil war in Skyrim is over with and the Empire now has the resources to help Fereldan/Thedas with the Darkspawn issue. I may not be the sharpest tool, but I know a plot device when I see one.
11/5/2018 c83 icicle.c.cold
*chuckle* Ah, what a mess they've gotten into! This is just getting better and better. Poor Talia though! Now she has to drink blood to not go insane? That's just a little too mean...But then again, most of this story revolves around torturing the leading characters...
11/5/2018 c82 icicle.c.cold
Hm...I can see a few ways to gather blood without having to slaughter people...and with her mother there, I think that its a viable option to mix the blood of one of the human party members with the blood of her mother making a viable "elf-blooded" replacement...Either that or just have the various party human party members donate blood. Being sick, SUCKS. And people who are sick and churn out masterpieces, don't do it alone. They either wrote it ahead of time, or had an editor helping. That, or they really are robots.
11/5/2018 c81 icicle.c.cold
Hehehehe, engineers. Yeah, sometimes they can pretty oblivious to something glaringly obvious. Like making armor specifically for desert ops and one of the flaws being that it degrades when it gets wet, and then forgetting that it WILL get wet from the sweat of the soldier wearing it. Yeah, not the army's finest contractor there...Still, I am fascinated with the turn of events in Denerim. And wondering exactly how Talia not being able to produce her own blood actually happened.
11/5/2018 c78 icicle.c.cold
Sevilius is turning into quite the character. A grouchy old solider with a heart of gold, a longing for intelligent conversation, who is just a bit lonely.
11/5/2018 c77 icicle.c.cold
Ah, a Doctor Who reference, as well as several others. Don't recognize them all. But I am LOVING it!
929 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »