for Our Chances

7/29/2020 c8 Kufantic9
Just found this story and is totally disappointed in the authors pretrial of Uhura. Uhura is a mature confident , intelligent Woman and would have too much pride in herself to go this batshit crazy over someone who don’t want her.
She is a strong woman which is why she would be able to control her emotions better than what’s in this story. After all she is a Starfleet officer who is trained to be cool in any situation. Even if it’s personal. That would make a strong woman hold her emotions more. Now that’s not saying she would not let go in her quarters.
I’m tired of all this Uhura bashing.
12/18/2016 c19 Raven J. Haile
I loved baby Spock, this was adorable. :3
12/6/2016 c19 xxsherlockedxx98
good story . made me cry. pls continue...
11/6/2016 c19 3Blueberry-the-Belle
This was absolutely amazing. I loved every second of it. I myself am not a fan of Uhura and I appreciated the roughness of her character here and the bond between Jim and Spock. Your writing is complex and flowing and your slow development of the plot was satisfying and I will definitely read this again. Thank you so much!
8/21/2016 c1 Guest
This is such a good story. You are such a good writer that it makes me cry every time I read it.
7/19/2016 c6 Guest
I love it! So excited to read more! Just one thing, I'm pretty sure whenever you say corridors you mean quarters. Corridors are hallways and quarters would be rooms.
1/25/2016 c17 KatieLyn
Damn! You sure know how to tell a story that rips the heart out of a girl.

I kind of feel sorry for Uhura. She wants and longs for something that seemed like it should have been hers but turns out it wasn't. If that were to happen to me I can't say I'd be all sunshine and smiles about it, either. Not honestly. I'm only human.
1/25/2016 c11 KatieLyn
You really captured McCoy's voice and character so well. I think the only one who is OOC is Uhura. She's very annoying but even she wanted Spock to avenge Kirk after Khan caused his death. But then again in the movies she was really forceful about getting her way on pretty much everything. So it's not like you had to completely reinvent her to use her as a villain here.
1/25/2016 c10 KatieLyn
This was beautiful. Most of the time sex scenes are ridiculous anyway.

In the other chapter "thermal regenerator" should have been "dermal regenerator". Dermal pertains to tissue regeneration.

You are a fantastic story teller. I can't put this down.
1/25/2016 c8 KatieLyn
You write a really excellent T'Lou. She feels like a real person and she's got a lot of dignity and Vulcan character even though she's very expressive for a Vulcan.
1/25/2016 c7 KatieLyn
Corridors are hallways. So I think you mean "quarters" which is the term for their assigned rooms. I'm no grammar nazi and am terrible at punctuation, myself, but I've got a strong vocabulary and like to help out when I see writers confusing one word for another that sounds similar.

It's a little bit weird that Spock and Kirk are feeling attracted to each other while in a guardian-ward relationship. But since it's science fiction it works. It's a good story. You know how to keep your readers' attention.

Uhura is a bit one dimensional compared to how she's portrayed in top-notch fan fictions. But she's not far from how she's portrayed in the movies. The script writers for the first two movies really butchered the character. She wasn't like that at all in the original series. She was a wonderful, lovable and very professional officer in the TV show, even if she didn't get as much to do. In the movies she's really annoying.
12/26/2015 c19 12Crystalzap
aww, this is such a sweet story :)
8/16/2015 c19 7Lynn-G
Read it in one breath,
Loved every second of it!
Keep writing!
Lynn
7/15/2015 c5 Guest
fantastic. I seriously love this story.
5/24/2015 c19 Icefairy
I needed so many boxes of tissues you wouldn't believe it!
Thank you very much! Hope you'll write more soon...
275 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »