for The Portal

Loved it
8/21/2018 c7 Guest
Good good
3/23/2018 c7 Guest
Good
12/31/2015 c3 RafeFallstar
I really, really, hate to nitpick, and this detail is ambiguous...

Machiavelli's Prince and Dante's Divine Comedy were written in Italian (not Latin) as part of a project to build an Italian literature. Latin, at the time, in Europe, was the language of the educated, so if one read one read Latin.

Having one might be a mistake. Both feels like a wink. If you had included another non-Latin Classic, any subtly would have been lost.

Perhaps this is wit. Perhaps this is something to do with Lex. Perhaps this was a mistake. Only fix it in the last circumstance.
7/10/2013 c34 2MystStories
interesting read. Thanks for taking the effort of writing it,
4/27/2012 c1 12Blazen
" it was the long ago day when she had first met Clark and Whitney"

Wow, so you already planned this back then?
4/17/2012 c34 SilverReindeer
Hi. I've always liked this story, one of the best, if not the best, epics of the Smallville fandom ever written. This is a new account of mine, since my old one has been lost for a while with my previous email address. Just now I'm visiting old classics again and (re)adding them to my list of favorite stories.
4/12/2012 c34 Blazen
Great story!

The points I especially liked:

1) Chloe's storyline. Even if she is a little Mary Sue, she is great. And I liked how you made her so human, imperfect, but not corrupt, like Vandal Savage for example. While their stories are very similar, they are very different persons.

2) Lana's storyline. I was afraid you are going to leave her as Laura forever, it's good thing you brought Lana back. And of course I love Lexana, they could be a great couple, even if the writers of the show didn't make a good job of them.

3) Clark going all god of war on poor Romans.

4) Your great knowledge of history and science in general. Even though I'm a physics grad student and I don't believe nanobots would ever be created, much less become something akin to magic.
4/8/2010 c34 Q-Elle
It took me a couple days but I just read this entire story and I have to say out of every Chlark/Smallville fic I have read this is by far the best.

I loved the twist with Chloe and the nanobots. I loved that it was a Chlark/Lexana adventure. I love that they were sent to ancient Rome. I'm a sucker for mythology so I love all the bits about the God's. I loved it from beginning to end and I must say your attention to detail is amazing.I could picture pretty much everything you described.

I'm about to start reading the sequel and I will read your other Smallville stories and look foward to any others you will right. You are by far my fav writer so far.
1/13/2010 c34 25Eternal Density
did the ending rock? did the ending rock?

No, the fic rocked, the ending got ten times better with every pargraph!

This has got to be the best timeloop story I've read ever, and I love the amazingly fun place you took Chloe's character, all the details of Rome etc, the ways Clark revealed and used his powers, the crazy cover stories that were used at various times, the way known history was caused instead of changed, the vast colourfulness of Chloe's past and the many applications of her nanobots, all the interactions between the four main characters and their reactions to the various revelations (especially all the times Lex got overwhelmed by teh awsum), and plus it was simply a well told story.

When I started reading I thought "hey this is kinda fun" but when Chloe's secret came out that was the first of many "WOW" moments :D The final chapter was absolutely packed full of those. Discovering the magnitude of the portal project and who was really behind it was one of the highlights.

Thanks for writing,

ED
10/14/2009 c34 zipfe
wow, great story. I have just finished and must say you did an awesome job. love your writing style.

Oh yeah, I'm not even a fan of smallville. I think I watched like 6 episodes, so you did a great job here, getting even non-smallville-fans interested.
9/13/2009 c11 mydog888
wouldn't there be two Chloes?
6/11/2008 c34 Mizuki
(i don't have an accont...yet) OMG! THAT WUZ ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF READING ON THIS SITE! YOU ARE LIKE SO SO SO SO SO SO CREATIVE AND ABLE TO WRITE YOUR IDEAS DOWN WHILE MAKING SENSE! I'VE BEEN WORKING ON MY ON STORY'S TO PUT UP AND THEY DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE GREATNESS OF YOUR STORIES! YOU SURE COULD GIVE ME A LOT OF POINTERS! YOUR A FREAKING GENUIS!
1/15/2008 c30 katie147
hi great story
5/29/2007 c34 Tanathar
That was one awesome story. From a slightly skeptical start, it kept me up til way past my bedtime!

Well-written, exceptional plot - well tied up at the end. I look forward to reading a sequel...
121 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »