FanFiction.Net
for Words on a Page

8/3/2014 c1 K785
Wow! What a great read. I very much enjoy future-fics and the ever evolving relationship between Booth and Brennan. The ending was absolutely perfect! I like it as a one-shot but if inspiration strikes, I would love to read more.
8/3/2014 c1 guest 2
I cried because of...

"That's what my life comes down to - with or without you."
8/3/2014 c1 32asoulofstars
Awww. SO very Booth. This was great, Dana. I love Brennan's in-character reaction of going to Limbo to process things, and Booth gives her the time and space she needs. But, of course Booth would share everything with her. This was wonderful. *hugs*
8/3/2014 c1 elmasuz
Excellent! Great prospective on Booth. This story was so well written that I was spellbound. Great job!
8/3/2014 c1 bountypeaches
Lovely story.. I wish we did see Booth talk more about his experiences on the show. He tends to be very closed off. If anyone he would open up to is Brennan.

But I have to admit I think him writing like this would be a bit out of character. Booth isn't someone who spends a lot of time in introspection. His general approach to turmoil is to ignore or avoid it.

For me, that approach was exacerbated in S6. He was in pain so he tried to box up his emotions and just focused on living in the moment. His whole relationship with Hannah was based on that kind of recklessness. He never really "thought" about where his relationship with Hannah was going. Serious as a heart attack but no plans to ever meet again. Moving in spur of the moment without really considering what it meant. He avoided introducing Parker for months until Parker forced his hand by randomly saying he hated Hannah. If Booth had actually been thinking the relationship was serious he would've introduced Parker off the bat and definitely on his own accord. But the show played it a certain way. Brennan's confession was the catalyst to telling Hannah anything personal (that too it was more about Brennan than his feelings). Sweets goading was the catalyst to the proposal. Nothing was thought out or planned.

I think if he had been writing about what he felt or what he was doing- things wouldn't have ended in such a mess for him.

Brennan and him are sort of opposites that way- she thinks too much about what she is doing and doesn't take necessary risks and he does the opposite where he thinks very little and takes too many risks. They both had to deal with the consequences to their own approaches to life in S6 in DitP and DitM respectively. I think that's why Booth needed time after DitM- he finally had to start thinking things through before acting. We sort of saw that with his "test" for Brennan in Truth in the Myth- he realized he had to use a bit of logic to get his point across that just because as a couple they don't make sense or aren't explainable doesn't mean they can't exist.
8/3/2014 c1 geraghtyvl
Wow.. I really loved this! Think you might continue on?
8/3/2014 c1 38BitOBonesFluff
love... love love love... that's all I can say
8/3/2014 c1 Guest
cant wait for more
8/3/2014 c1 292FaithinBones
I think this is great story idea. It would be wonderful if you wrote the scraps of paper, the Bones and the not Bones. If that is your plan, count me in. It sounds like a wonderful ride on your future train.
8/3/2014 c1 latetobones
wow! Wow! Wow! This is awesome! I knew she couldn't wait!
8/3/2014 c1 10bookwormlady
Very interesting and thoughtful. Are you planning a followup?
8/3/2014 c1 21SnowyBones
Oh this is amazing! And wonderful. It's a terrific start to a story that promises to be even more amazing. I love this so much. The idea of Booth writing a book about his experiences (and of others with him) during his time in the military is just such a fun and new idea. I love it.

Of course he'd ask Brennan to read it. Couldn't imagine him not. And I love him telling her to do it when he isn't around. I knew she wouldn't be able to resist reading it for that long.

I can not wait to read more of this. It truly promises to be great. And I know you won't disappoint. :) The last line of this chapter I think is great too:

"I've kept quiet about that part of my life for far too long. It's time for that to end." So telling. And also brave of him. Please tell me you will update soon? lol

Cheers