for A Survivor is Born

12/17/2020 c3 Awa22
Omg, this is amazing!
I love your Taylor and this story so much!
I hope you’ll continue this story someday, because I need more!
10/15/2020 c3 Sir Bob the 1st
I have really enjoyed this

Just makes me more sad that it's dead
10/14/2020 c3 15Vanessa Masters
Taylor," Miss Militia slid in seamlessly. "Answer me this question if you can."

I looked up at her and raised my eyebrows with curiosity.

"Could you have disarmed that man and subdued him without deadly force?"

Dad didn't let that one go by without comment. "Hold on. What exactly are you implying?"

"The incident here, two nights ago," Piggot interrupted. "They were heavily armed. Your daughter didn't really have much choice in how things turned out when she encountered them. Today however…"

This wasn't going to turn out very well. Dad's blood pressure was already up there, and by the way his face was reddening it was rapidly climbing even higher.

"Are you saying Taylor purposefully killed him?"

"That's not…" Piggot began, but Dad didn't let her finish.

"Where's this tape? Show me."

Miss Militia started shaking her head. "I don't think that's a good idea, Mister Hebert."

"I disagree." Piggot picked up a remote from her desk and gestured to her left. "Sometimes we have to see things for ourselves before it really sinks in."

I took a breath and let it out before I said something I'd regret. "Dad."

He looked back at me. "I need to see this, Taylor."

It was gigantic, at least a sixty inch flat screen that lit up a moment after Dad said his piece. The scene was already frozen in place, telling me this was all a set up from the very beginning. They fully intended to show him what I was capable of and get him to twist my arm into joining the Wards. I had to give it to them; it was the perfect set-up.

Oh lord, more heat...and Sam!
10/14/2020 c2 Vanessa Masters
Ooooh wow. Things getting heavy and intense nwo
10/14/2020 c1 Vanessa Masters
When she went off to fill the order, the money girl held a hand up. "I'm not with the PRT, the Protectorate, or the Wards. If you give me fifteen minutes of your time after this, you'll probably never see me again, and I'll be able to help you out with your issues with them."

The offer was temping, but I've learned there is always a price. Before I even had a chance to say no, she cut me off.

"All you have to do is listen. I'll even answer any question you have after. Fifteen minutes, Taylor. For a top of the line kit like this it's not asking much, is it?"

I wasn't proud, and I really wanted that bow. "Fine, but I'm not joining any team."

She shot me an odd looking grin after that, almost predatory-like. "Sounds perfect to me."

What the hell? Why would anyone drop well over a thousand dollars for fifteen minutes of talking at me? Well, gift horse and all that. Ten minutes later I was walking out the door, loaded down with a brand new set up, and the girl was leading me to the café two doors down.

"Coffee," she asked. "No, you're a tea person. Pick a private table and we'll start the clock when I get there."

She assumed a lot. In the end it was my curiosity that got the better of me. I figured it was better to know who the unknown player was that wanted a piece of me this time. Since everything was supposed to be secret, this didn't bode well for the future.

A couple of minutes later, a cup of black tea was set in front of me and the girl started loading her coffee with sugar while I took note of the time.

"Let me start by helping you out. First thing is, the only way you're going to get the PRT off your case is to go in and give them something, anything really."

I sighed with irritation, but she held up a hand.

"I know, you're a private person and you just want to be left alone, but they aren't going to let you until you tell them how you made it off Yamatai with only a few minor wounds, leaving 380 bodies behind, not to…," she paused and tilted her head with that damn smile again. "There were more, weren't there? Wow. Anyway, not to mention the deal with the S-class threat you ended."

I shifted and took a sip of the tea.

"They don't like loose ends, but more than that, the PRT doesn't know what to make of you. They need a threat assessment, and right now they're flying blind."

"I'm no threat," I shot.

"To the average joe blow off the street, I agree. But you're an unknown quantity in a world that literally can't deal with anything more than it already has. Endbringers, Slaughterhouse 9, blah, blah, blah. You're a wild card. If the Docks get torched by Lung tomorrow, are you saying you wouldn't go after him to protect yourself or your dad from a future threat?"

—-

Oooh tattletale!

Love this, so good so far!
4/21/2020 c3 2wsbenge
This was an excellent start for Taylor. Great work.
3/3/2020 c3 potstickers4lyfe
Holy sheit! this story's goooood!

Is this abandoned? Cuz I think I found my fav WORM fanfic every.
1/5/2020 c3 4Peanut-Butter-Bandit
Oooooooooooh

One of the things I loved about Taylor was her willingness to do whatever was necessary for her goals. Your Taylor is perfect that way.

I really would love to know more about what her actual abilities are. I'm hoping the next part will be her going off with Sam, that would be cool!

Also the Sophia turn around is brilliantly executed.

Really great story! Thanks for writing and sharing!
10/20/2019 c3 Boundless Scholar
this story is great please update soon!

5/5
8/15/2019 c1 Rydan fall
Check the art of Overwatch.
The artwork of that girl wielding that icegun, her early artwork was waaay more Lara like.
Any use to you?
7/19/2019 c2 Sebine
goddamnit this needs to continue
6/1/2019 c3 KingMajorWolf
[That was when she stood up. “Miss Hebert, I’ve also tried to be nice, but the fact of the matter is your skill set has yet to be, not once, anything less than lethal. Even by your own admission, the man you attempted to incapacitate at the elevator downstairs wound up dead minutes later. I’m afraid without the proper training anyone you encounter in a violent manner will wind up the same way. Please ask yourself if this is what you want.”]

How Taylor should have responded
******

Taylor: No Director Piggot, this is not what I want, but you seemed determined to ignore my wishes on the matter.

Danny: But Taylor, if what they said about matters getting worse...

Taylor: Yes, lets talk about. What are your sources for these studies? Who are the authors? Where can I find them?

Piggot: I cannot release that information at this time.

Taylor: Then lets talk about how these situations are escalating. How about the first incident, when you tried to kidnap me and forcibly grabbed me when I tried to leave. Forcing me to incapacitate the Armsmaster. Non-lethally I might add. All of this before even you even identifying yourselves as the PRT/ Protectorate.

Danny: What!?

Piggot: That was an unsanctioned & illegal operation that was done without my knowledge.

Taylor: *scoffs* Couldn't have been that unsanctioned considering Armsmaster, Miss Militia, and ward was there.

Miss Militia: Taylor...

Taylor: Let's move onto the second incident, when this very building was raided and every person in it becoming incapacitated, with exception of Miss Militia and myself. When your people were only able to fight back AFTER I freed them from the containment foam. That speaks well for your ability to protect me when you can't even protect yourselves.

Piggot: We could have defended ourselves better if you'd only come at a more reasonable hour...

Taylor: Why would I do that when apparently your forces are willing and able to steal a bus and kidnap people without your knowledge? Regardless of that, let's move onto the third incident, one that wouldn't have happened if you hadn't given me a legitimate fear of being kidnapped while riding the bus to get home.

Piggot: The mugger died.

Taylor: It certainly would have been easier to fight back non-lethally if you hadn't taken my baton, something I bought specifically to be non-lethal.

Piggot: Are you honestly saying you'd have been any less lethal with it? You need training, something that the wards can provide, so that your first response isn't to kill.

Taylor: I've already explicitly declined to join the wards. Multiple times in fact. Hell, I don't even want to be a cape. If you're so focused on training me down, assign me an instructor you trust to help with that, or if that's too much give me a list of self-defense courses that the PRT recognizes as suitable candidates to do so.

Piggot: Even if we did that the gangs would still go after you!

Taylor: Of course they would, what with the amount of attention your organization has been giving me. I honestly don't understand why your so focused on getting me to become something I have no desire to be Director. I have enough blood on my hands and I'd like you to stop trying to add more. *turns to leave*

Piggot: At least change your name away from Killdozer!

Taylor: *continues walking* Why would I? It's the name your organization gave me after all. *leaves room*

Danny: *stands staring at the door, then turns to look at Director Piggot & Miss Militia* Is what she said true?

Miss Militia: Mr. Hebert...

Danny: IS IT TRUE?!

Piggot: Yes, but...

Danny: Then we're done here and if I find out that you're still harassing my daughter about this then I will see you in court! *leaves*

******
Honestly if Taylor wants to get her dad on her side all she has to do is mention them trying to kidnap her and she's golden.
4/25/2019 c2 dragonnargus
I think Shadow Stalker over-estimated Taylor's (aka Lara Croft) Thinker rating. Since she doesn't actually have a precog/postcog of any sort, a Thinker 4 actually sound correct. Though I guess that could be just Shadow Stalker being all got and bothered by Taylor actions :
4/10/2019 c3 gremlin914
A great start to a good premise. I look forward to seeing more.
2/13/2019 c3 10Junior VB