for Unbreakable Red Silken Thread

12/7/2020 c32 7Frosty Wolf
I totally forgot that Cody and Sam used to be friends in this story, huh. Looks like Dakota is going to be a problem going forward though, even if Heather and Cody aren't really on her radar yet.
12/5/2020 c1 Guest
Hi, i'm Shaeril McBrown

i need help

i'm being harassed by a teacher named Lisa Ware-Krantz

she is a pedophile

she sends me death threats through emails and text messages

she flames me on my main account and calls my stories pigshit

she rapes me

she tells me to kill myself

please help me report her

she lives at 3662 Juniper Hills Drive, Rockwall, Texas 75032

she works at rockwall heath high school

her phone numbers are 972-771-0893 & 214-437-0250

her emails are lwarekrantz at hotmail dot com and lisa dot ware hyphen krantz at rockwallisd dot org

please make her leave me alone!
12/5/2020 c32 zafnak
So happy to see another chapter. I was reading Dreams Really Do Come True again and I thought "wonder when URST will update?" Then, Lo and behold! Update!

I love the little bits of info we get about Cody and Heather's early relationship. Reading about how Monty Python and the Holy Grail had her laughing so fast made my day. I don't know how she managed to keep a straight face through the rest- probably not wanting to gibe Cody the satisfaction LOL.

Lindsay...holy cow LINDSAY! Has she passed beyond the realm of moral man and into that of goddess-hood? And done so *without surgical augmentation*? Some women are just blessed beyond all measure. And she's working hard to not be a "dumb blonde" on top of it..and succeeding! Tyler's comparison to a half shaved Sasquatch had me rolling in laughter because I know guys like that!
Can't wait to see how they outmaneuver Dakota's attempts to sink Lindsay's business plans.
12/5/2020 c32 50acosta perez jose ramiro
Glad you're recovering. I'm a medic, so yes, I know, Covid-19 is no laughing matter.

Great chapter, and nice way to show Lindsay as a capable business woman while still retaining her base personality. That was a pretty nice touch.

Keep the good writing.
12/5/2020 c32 Gucci Mane LaFlare
This was great!
I like that there was a lot of content in here.
I originally thought Sam's mention was just a throwaway line meant to show why Cody was taking over the clan in the game. Turns out that it wasn't just a throwaway, and he had an impact on the story.
And Heather and Cody's bit about sex at the beginning of the chapter, shows what I've been telling people about this story. Sex isn't there just to be there, it effects the story and the ople in it.
I think you did a great job with Lindsay and Tyler. Even if Tyler didn't get as much to do as Lindsay did. You really captured Lindsay perfectly with her speach and stuff.
I never thought Dakota would be mentioned again either. But I think she's really seeming like an antagonist that really wants Heather's life to be horrible, even outside of high school.
And I like that you mentioned some of the other TD characters, here's to hoping for some cameos or two at some point later in the story.
And as for the next chapter, when you said the bit about getting wasted, it made me think that a drunk Heather would be hell to deal with. Jo as well.
12/3/2020 c31 Guest
It would be interesting seeing a chapter of Gwen and Cody cheating on their partners. Plus I'd think it'd really add the the story and point things forward
10/27/2020 c2 12Cody Fanatic
I love your writing by the way.
10/27/2020 c1 Cody Fanatic
Okay Heather may be mean but shes not a murderer. Was she just bluffing to scare Cody?
9/12/2020 c31 50acosta perez jose ramiro
Excellent job with both Gwen and Sammy's backstories. They certainly explain a lot about their current personalities.

And it's natural that Gwen will sympathize with Sammy and how her parents failed her; Gwen feels the same about her own mother, and, sadly, doesn't realize that, while her mother had been wrong several times in the past, this also means she has experience and could have helped Gwen to avoid making the same mistakes.

Keep the good writing.
9/12/2020 c31 Gucci Mane LaFlare
Can't believe this masterpiece has been going on for 6 years already.
9/12/2020 c31 14CMR Rosa
Well as you said, it's been 5 years since this story was first published and we finally see Gwen's backstory, and for good measure we learn more about Sammy. This has been a long time coming; I remember back in chapter 2 how Heather told Cody that when she read Gwen's diary on national television she went easy on Gwen because there were secrets she was unwilling to use, how she had more skeletons in her closet than a crypt, that she is damaged goods. She was not kidding.

To recap, Gwen's father ran off when her mother got pregnant, leaving her to fend for herself while she was still in high school. Gwen's brother Patrick is three years younger than her, and as was the case with Gwen's father, his took off rather than take responsibility for his actions. And finally Derek, the stepfather that seemed like a nice guy that was a friend of Gwen's mom that reconnected with her, only for him to be too good to be true with him spying on Gwen when she was undressing and taking a shower. This plus the fact that since puberty Gwen has had unwanted attention from guys and even suffered some harassment explains why she's antisocial and distrusting. It says a lot that someone as amoral as Chris McLean was not willing to reveal Gwen's secret to the world. In a way, this make Gwen and Cody's friendship more heartwarming in spite of it failing. In spite of Gwen's distrust in boys and Cody not doing himself any favors with his perverted behavior, when Cody hooked her up with Trent and showed he cared for her happiness, she was generally grateful to him, giving him her bra to win a bet and was accepted him as her friend. She could have easily chosen to still distrust him and refused to give him a chance like in Total Drama: Cody's Redemption, where that version of Gwen has a deep hatred of geeks because of being hit on by geeks in the past. Compared to that, your version of Gwen, who has better reasons to distrust men in general, but still falls in love with Trent and was able to accept Cody as her friend despite her previous distrust for him speaks volumes for her character. And that Gwen lost respect for Cody in World Tour because he took a picture of her with him while she was asleep is understandable, I remember you using that moment in your other story Total Drama Raptured, where that was the moment where Gwen lost respect for Cody. I can understand Gwen's behavior and even why her friendship with Cody never grew and eventually failed. That, however, does not justify all of Gwen behavior and she was a bad friend to Cody when she should have been better like during Amazon Challenge, when Gwen wouldn't take Cody's EpiPen as seriously as she should have.

Now on to Sammy, I remember chapter 9 when Heather asked Jasmine why Sammy's parents don't do anything about the abuse her sister Amy does to her and she replies Amy did something that causes Sammy to not talk with her parents and even deny it when Jasmine brings it up to them. Here we learn the full details. Sammy and Amy's parents' work leaves little time for their daughters, so they expect them to take care of themselves. When Sammy told Gwen of the time Amy locked her out of the house during vacation and they believed her lie and punished Sammy, I thought they favor Amy and willfully ignored her abuse of Sammy. However, the truth is they're working long hours and them being tired and Amy being smart about not leaving any evidence of her abuse of Sammy means they are just in the dark about the abuse. And you give a reason for Amy's behavior, that when Sammy was younger she was really sick, her parents and grandparents were really worried about her and gave her a lot of attention, causing Amy to be jealous and start abusing her. Sadly, I can see this happening, children need time and good parenting to develop empathy and with their parents not being there to correct Amy behavior, I can see her growing worse until she becomes cruel and heartless. I've seen other stories that try to explain Amy's behavior, their parents that favor her, copying the behavior of another parent (either the mother or father), jealous of her sister, or blame her for some tragedy. I think your reason is the most tragic and realistic. I think you made Amy smarter and more dangerous. In canon, Amy got away with her abuse of Sammy because outside of Jasmine her team were too stupid to see Amy for what she is, and would be apathetic if they learn the truth. Here, she's smart enough to at least hide her abuse from her parents, which makes her more dangerous. Amy really is a nasty piece of work, she has not even appeared in person in your story and she sounds more monstrous every time she's mentioned. Like with Gwen, while I can understand Amy and her parents now, that in no way justifies their actions.

All in all, you did a great job in giving dark and realistic backstories to Gwen and Sammy, and answer some questions. I can't wait to learn more, like how Gwen and Duncan's relationship become so toxic; we both may not like Duncan as a character, but he was never as horrible as he is in this story. I'm interested in seeing what happened to Gwen and Duncan that made them worse until they become this toxic and abusive couple. And there's their friends Bridgette, DJ, Geoff, Leshawna, and Owen, since the couple were close friends with these characters and they lost contact with them, I'm interested to learn how their friendship ended.
9/12/2020 c31 7Frosty Wolf
Wow, that was a heavy chapter. I'm definitely one of the readers that was annoyed by Gwen's attitude but after this I'm finding it harder to get upset with her. It definitely paints her past and present actions and thoughts in a new light, especially the 'trap' she's trying to set. Wonder how long it'll take her to realize there's nothing there, or how she'll react when she finally realizes it?

It's interesting to consider the contrast between Gwen and Amy's situation. One went on far longer and was enabled by family members while the other was shorter but more intensely traumatizing. Where they ended up is relevant too, because one now has somebody they love and loves them back as well as real friends who support her while the other is clinging to a toxic relationship for stability and seems to have cut themselves off from everyone else. Ultimately both would benefit from years of therapy, but I doubt either is particularly willing.

Not gonna debate overall trauma points because like the saying goes 'your life sucking more doesn't make mine suck less'. Still, any chance of Amy getting some comeuppance in this story? Wouldn't mind the parents getting a slap up the head either, but at this point I'd consider her genuinely dangerous to Amy and the others.

Overall a great chapter, I might actually go back and reread the others not just to refresh myself on what's happening but to see how this new information changes things.

And I know it's been a while, but are any of your other projects still active?
9/12/2020 c31 5CalvinFujii
It appears the spark of the former Gwen is beginning to resurface. Let's hope that Sammy's story will somehow be able to make Gwen reconsider her "plan" and realize that her mother was trying to stop her from making the same mistakes she did. I also want to see if there's gonna be a sex scene of Lindsay and Tyler in the next chapter or if it will have a foursome sex scene with Heather and Cody. Keep up the fantastic story!
9/12/2020 c31 zafnak
Pity that Gwen's master plan to get back at Cody and Heather and be able to return to Duncan is going to fail miserably. Well, at least she got a nice hot shower out of it.

On top of that, she has once again, SERIOUSLY misjudged Sammy. Gwen seems to make a habit of badly misjudging people. I think that is one of the major reasons she is so miserable.
9/3/2020 c30 Guest
Yep, I can buy that Tyler is bi. His actions always seemed a little overcompensating, the type where you know he has something he doesn't want people to known or probably doesn't believe it himself. And let's be real, what kind of stereotypical jock would wear a red tracksuit of all things? To seem more approachable and friendly is what I reckon, not to mention what straight guy can say "give all the balls to me" with such a straight face and then not chuckle at themselves. Heck, considering what I laid out I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay only looks a couple margins better than gwen if he is much more into guys than girls, or if his relationship with Lindsay was to get a stab at her fortune. I could be very wrong and be misreading a few things on how their relationship might be, but after seeing the state Gwen was in, I'm expecting the worst. Anyway, brilliantly written and thankfully less cliche than the Hollywood drama where no one talks about issues, problems and so on. Yep looking forward to the next update m8.
362 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »