for Doctor Who what if Companion

1/11/2018 c16 149Marcus S. Lazarus
A simple concept that leads into a fascinating series of stories; great job.
After the ‘Locum Doctors’ trilogy gave us a fascinating view of classic Doctors ‘switching’ companions (a trilogy of audios where the Seventh, Sixth and Fifth Doctors essentially swap places with the Third, Second and First as part of a secret adversary’s scheme to take the Doctor’s role in history for himself), the idea of Doctors working with the companions who ‘should’ have travelled with their other selves has a certain appeal, and you generally came up with some interesting ideas.
Initially, it seemed that the chain of events that led to the implication that Rose will be ‘stuck’ with the Third Doctor was a bit forced- I assume the idea is that the Cybermat-inflicted damage would disrupt the Doctor’s ability to steer the ship so Rose would be stuck in the UNIT era?- but the basic idea made sense, and her interaction with the UNIT staff was generally effective.
The Sixth Doctor’s meeting with Donna might have been the most unchanged of these Doctor/companion meetings, but the general characterisation is still effective, and the Second Doctor’s meeting with Amy made perfect sense (although I wish you’d used a few more familiar creatures; Zodin made sense as an out-of-sequence enemy, and Vortisaurs were an interesting choice, but I didn’t recognise the other creatures). The return to Peladon was also a superb twist, neatly giving us a new version of Clara on top of combining some of the most prominent planets and aliens from the classic series into one story (as well as another neat out-of-sequence moment).
Overall, the only storyline with a really glaring problem was Martha meeting the Seventh Doctor during the Sontaran/Rutan conflict. The central idea of the Rutans’ original scheme made sense, and it was an interesting possible way for the Doctor to meet Strax, but the Doctor has made it clear in various spin-off storylines- ‘The King of Sontar’, ‘Shakedown’, and ‘The Gunpowder Plot’, to name three- that he doesn’t WANT the Sontaran/Rutan war to end as each side are as bad as each other and the only thing stopping them from being a greater threat to the wider universe is their pointless conflict with each other.
That said, if you decide to take any of these storylines further, I’d vote for the Second, Third and Fourth Doctors to get more time with Amy, Rose and Clara respectively; the others were interesting, but those three are the ones that really stood out as having long-term potential for all associated characters to change and grow beyond what they were at the start.
Keep up the fascinating work!
1/7/2018 c15 darck ben
11/25/2017 c14 darck ben
10/23/2017 c5 2Hercules8
Nice chapter!
10/22/2017 c3 Hercules8
The Third Doctor is really cool! I like the fact that he actually fights people, not just using his head to solve a situation. I am looking forward to reading more of this story! Keep up the good work! :D
10/22/2017 c13 darck ben
8/21/2017 c12 darck ben
2/3/2017 c1 jaconda
There was a series of audio dramas that put different Doctors with different companions.
By the way, about The Spirit Trap. It did get some things about Doctor Who wrong, like when it called the TARDIS female, which it actually isn't, said it talks telepathically, which it never has, and called it a spirit, which is like saying you are the spirit of your body.
Oh, and it's not New Who. It never has been. It's the same series.
6/7/2016 c11 darck ben
great story
9/20/2015 c9 11QuantumExia
great story so far also i vote for 4th Doctor and Amy Pond
9/11/2015 c10 28Son of Whitebeard
OOH SIX AND DONNA
3/18/2015 c8 ryu238
This is cert good. Will you be doing more adventures?
10/22/2014 c2 Guest
What is the point of posting the rest of the story if nobody can read the beginning?
10/21/2014 c2 3Reishin Amara
seriously,fix your first chapter...I see a lot of p classMsoNormal span style font-family:'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: Times New Roman'; color: ect ect ect...

And its between EACH sentence...I actually had to search between them to find each sentence since there is no separation...
10/4/2014 c2 Guest
Cant wait to read what happens next
17 Page 1 2 Next »