FanFiction.Net
for Learning to love again

11/15/2014 c10 83Lady Emily
Lovely. I'm such a sucker for missing scenes like these, and you've captured the characters very well. (Bonus points for Davy; the kid is gold.) I enjoyed hearing about the Anne/Roy debacle through Gilbert's perspective; like so much of Anne and Gil's relationship, it wasn't addressed in the books in the painstaking detail I would have liked lol. Thank you for the excellent read!
11/5/2014 c1 popo
This is such a great piece of fanfiction! I love it!
11/2/2014 c10 Amybf19
Lovely! Thank you for sharing this with us!
10/25/2014 c10 Guest
This is by far the best Anne of Green Gables fanfic I have ever read! And Anne is a difficult person to write, you really have to understand her character to be able to write her soul! I think you did just that, it was lovely and I am begging you for more!
-BookLover
10/23/2014 c10 5JennWithAPenn
"That's what she had wanted, and that's what he gave her..." Bertha that line gave me the chills. That really brought it home for me... it makes it so much harder to bear, knowing that two years ago she had pretty much asked him for things to be the way they were... thank goodness that she got her second chance. Anyway, thank you for a lovely little story. You have thoroughly filled this gap for me, and have done it so naturally and believably, and of course now I will have to go right this moment and read Love Takes Up the Glass of Time. I loved hearing that Gilbert actually knew Anne would be away at the wedding, and had planned to speak to Marilla in the meantime. I will forever imagine that that is the way it happened. I'll admit, I wish you would have included that conversation! I am so looking forward to your next bit. Oh, to be in Gilbert's head now that he had finally, FINALLY gotten his Anne! *sigh* Thank you!
10/23/2014 c10 22katherine-with-a-k
Thank you bertha willis (mother to anne ;o)
I shall always think of this scene now when i read AotI, i shall think of that little heart nestled against her throat (how i loved to read of the buying of it -the dull coldness of the weather and in his heart. it was unbearable) this was perfect in it's peaceful knowing and a perfect tribute to a lasting love. one that isn't perfect and is the stronger for it. it heartens me to know that a sequel is coming, i hope (though i don't suppose you will, given you write between the scene) that you might cover that conversation where anne and gil talk over all their misunderstandings. i can understand why LMM missed that out (i wish austen had the same restraint, that part always ruined a great romantic moment for me -as funny as it was) but i know if anyone could do it justice it would be you. :o)
bliss!
10/23/2014 c10 13Lilies of Avonlea
Oh it's over. No! It can't be.
10/23/2014 c10 InABlueCastle
This was such a lovely story! I've always wondered what happened in that gap between Gilbert's recovery and his proposal. I really like you clear writing style, and I'm so glad you wrote this!
10/23/2014 c10 20Hediru
This was beautiful!
10/23/2014 c10 Edkchestnut
So glad to hear you're working on a sequel. I would love to see Gilbert's conversation with Marilla, maybe as a one-shot. Keep up the good work!
10/23/2014 c10 Anette
That was absolutely beautiful! you filled in the gaps within the story that I didn't know needed to be filled, and you wrote it so eloquently it brought me goosebumps! Well done on writing such a lovely story and I really coouldn't wait to read more from you!
10/23/2014 c10 Guest
I'm sad it's over! One of the best, if not the very best, fan fictions I've read. You captured it perfectly, without being overly sentimental like so many other stories. Please continue filling in those gaps...there are so many more over the next few books!
10/22/2014 c10 Guest
This is amazing. You have truly filled in the gaps as if LMM had wrote them herself. Would love to also read what they talked about after their declaration of love for each other. Can't wait for the next part
10/22/2014 c10 KatherineBrooke
Delightful ending to a superb story. Well done! And I will anxiously be awaiting your next story. : )
10/22/2014 c10 8fantasiesfuture
I loved this story from beginning to end. It's a wonderful view of the time between those last few chapters of Anne of the Island. Great job!
109 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »