FanFiction.Net
for Learning to love again

10/22/2014 c10 28Sleepless Eremite
What a sweet final chapter! I didn't think it was too overdone to have both of the characters give their perspective on the same events that had transpired. I enjoyed reading both points of view. And the ending was so perfect! Ah, old-time rambles... Happy sigh. Thank you for this delightful story! I look forward to reading your sequel :)
10/21/2014 c9 Guest
Please keep writing this story. You have a great feel for the characters. Even though I've read the books dozens of times, I find myself wondering how your story will turn out.
I think you should fill in the story about what happens after they get engaged too.
10/19/2014 c9 KatherineBrooke
We're getting so close now, I can feel it. She's dropping hints whenever she feels they are appropriate and Gilbert just doesn't seem sure how to take them. I'm glad they're talking and clearing up the past a bit. I love all the nods to previous experiences they share and I also love that Anne can laugh at her childhood folly of holding such a long grudge against Gilbert. And… I'm glad Gilbert didn't remove his arm from around her during the concert. Testing the waters? I think he just got the "go ahead." Fabulous chapter, as always!
10/19/2014 c9 22katherine-with-a-k
you know bertha this chapter is so luscious, so tender and perfect that i just can't explain how i feel about it. i read it yesterday and afterward was so content and quiet and happy that i left off the review for another day so that i could savour it awhile. and now i've re read it again and i still can't pull it apart and put my finger on it. just everything felt right, all the remembrance of their past and their dreams for the future. i loved all the lovely description, and as for your last chapter feeling lacklustre -well this chapter wouldn't have been half so resonant without it. this just glows. oh, so happy right now :o)
10/18/2014 c9 20Hediru
Love the slip of the tongue, so perfectly placed! There's your sign Gil. Go for it! :)
10/18/2014 c9 Bright Promise 2
Lovely chapter. All those little details you've included throughout this story that illustrate how much Gilbert and Anne love each other without them actually saying it...well done. And the insights you've given into their thoughts about certain things, eg, Gilbert's rejected proposal, was a very handy so-filler as LMM didn't explore that much in the book. Please write a chapter after the engagement scene in the book...would love to read what happens in that week Anne and Gil spend together as an engaged couple before they part for Summerside and Kingsport respectively. Thank you and keep up the great work :)
10/18/2014 c9 Edkchestnut
Still really enjoying this story. Keep up the good work.
10/18/2014 c9 sharynmitchell101
This is great, love how you have captured the essence of their relationship- looking forward to the next installment
10/17/2014 c9 Guest
This is so agonising! But I don't want it to ever end. A few more chapters at least... Please! I don't know if either have realised their feelings for each other. I feel confused like they do. He emotions I am feeling. It's like I'm with them. You write so beautifully and this chapter ended so soon. Would love to read about how they spent the last few weeks together before they go away if you're looking to write more about them as a couple. Looking forward to the next chapter :)
10/17/2014 c9 Guest
I've enjoyed this so much! It feels true to the characters. Well written and believable! Of course, hearing Gilbert's perspective is delightful. Thanks!
10/17/2014 c9 5JennWithAPenn
AHHH, she as good as told him! He can't possibly misread that! Ooh Bertha, I can't wait another minute for the next chapter. I think I'll just close my eyes and imagine the next part in my head, until I have your version of it. Of course it was the necklace... what a true, heartfelt sign of her love, when he realized she'd been wearing it every day since he got sick. And the lilies... I'm glad he asked her about them and I'm glad she told him the whole truth. It's those little things that speak so loudly. And in the end, I suppose it wasn't the necklace that truly tipped him off, but that line that sent little shivers down my spine-and which I was forced to read five times-when she told him Roy wasn't the one she was in love with, clearly implying that she was still in love, just with someone else. Ooof! I doubt Gilbert got much sleep that night... the pitter pattering of his heart must have kept him wide awake. And under everything I love how, even despite the awkward uncertainly of each not knowing how the other feels, somehow they are still so open with each other. It's truly a deep element to their relationship. Alright, I shall wait patiently for the end, and maybe I'll actually write some fiction of my own in the meantime... you've succeeded brilliantly in distracting me from it for the past half hour...
10/14/2014 c8 Edkchestnut
I just found this story today and have read the entire thing in one sitting. I absolutely love it and think that you have done a wonderful job. You are obviously a very good writer and I love stories that fill in the gaps that Montgomery left. I hope you will continue with it as I intend to follow this story from now on. Great job!
10/14/2014 c8 20Hediru
Ooh! What will that sign be? This is excellent! I've tried to imagine what happened between the chapters myself, but I have never been able to have them not confess that they love each other too soon. You're keeping the tension alive very wonderfully!
10/13/2014 c8 28Sleepless Eremite
I raced through this without reviewing it chapter by chapter, because I liked it so much! Perhaps I'll have to go back and review each chapter to say what I thought of it - but in the meantime, I very much look forward to you continuing this story. Anne and Gil (and everyone!) are so perfectly in character. I enjoyed reading it so far and can't wait for the next chapter! Thanks for "filling in the gaps"!
10/13/2014 c8 22katherine-with-a-k
oh that was so satisfying :o) i love all the anne touches -the lily of the valley ('it's my favourite' 'i know' -shivers! ) marilla so curt and unyielding, and lovable underneath, davy 'i want to know'
and then all the lovely memories -the concert, bingen on the rhein, the slate -it made me think how little gilbert and anne talk about their common memories. i loved getting gil's perspective on the bingen recital -it was so cute that he could still remember it all so clearly, how it was all about anne, even back then. i did wonder why anne was being so proper, i forgot how she was with davy -such an earnest schoolmistress- but it was a brilliant point to make about how improper she used to be. i never thought about her apologising before, i always thought anne was right myself, i would have smacked him too! but saying sorry was such a loving, humble and funny thing for her to do -i could just see davy's face -and marilla's.
and then the insight into how gilbert felt after the proposal, the way you revealed gilbert's feelings was so heartfelt and honest. when he admonished himself for rejecting her offer of friendship it really hit home to me how much of a mistake he had made. he had cut himself off from her, it was his decision, i have never read an account of it thought of this way before, and it was so interesting and believable. thank you for the care you've taken to really consider the motivations of these two, it just felt so click click click. super lovely!
109 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »